Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Wow, did you assholes actually convince Zekk to come back?

Network Hub
    Yes, he's back. Back again. Zekk is back. Tell your friends.

Obscure Node
    Hi there,

I played EVE online a few years ago, now I'd like to come back to check out all the new stuff I missed. As I'm not sure I'll have enough time in the following months I won't re-activate my old account yet and create a small trial.

Of course, if I could get invited in the RPS corp, that would be a real treat. I've been playing with the GW2 RPS guild and I really liked the mood, maybe I'll get the chance of experiencing it again in EVE !

Obscure Node
    Yes, I hath returned. Let the bells ring out for christmas. Or something, I'm no good at this stuff.

Interested in joining us? Want to meet new and interesting space types, and shoot them in the face? Join the channel 'RPS Community' in game. Don't be shy, we're all a bunch of really friendly dudes. The corp has existed for years purely to get new players into PVP, that's still what we're all about.

Obscure Node
    Sweatypitts covered just about everything in his wonderful post (it has bullet points and everything!) so I'm just going to shamelessly plagiarise him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatypitts View Post
    Hello! Rock Paper Shotgun Holdings is now opening recruitment to all pilots interested in small gang PVP! We're a group of players from all over the globe, brought together through the Rock, Paper, Shotgun blog and forums. We're very laid-back, and log on Eve to have fun and shoot people in the face.

What do we require from our new meatshields?:

• Working microphone - we use clients like Mumble or TeamSpeak to communicate with each other
    • Finish the Sisters of EVE arc - The need to finish the Sisters of Eve arc is that it helps your understanding some very basic things like navigation and the UI"
    • You need to understand that this is primarily a corp dedicated to getting new dudes into PVP as fast as possible, so if you have no interest in PVP, don't apply. In that case, feel free to hang out with us in the RPS Community channel; we have many friends and we like to keep it that way!

What we can offer you :

• PVP Training - we will teach you the fundamental skills for player-versus-player combat.
    • Tips and Advice - from players who have experienced many cycles.
    • Forums and Killboards - had a bad day at work? Let us know!
    • Wide variety of timezones - we have several players from different timezones all over the world.
    • Tight-Knit Community - join a group of players who enjoy multiple games together.
    • Fame - Panties everywhere suddenly evaporate whenever RPSH is mentioned. You'll never have to worry about not being able to unhook that new bra model.
    tl;dr Once again RPSH is looking for new recruits. Whether you're a returning bittervet or a brand new internetspaceshipsuperhero we'd like to hear from you.

14-day free trials are available here: http://tinyurl.com/bk5olrv

For the more adventurous, 21-day free trials(+shiny goodies/in-game cash if you subscribe afterwards) are also available, just send me a pm for a buddy invite.

Our eve chat channel is 'RPS Community', come say hello.

When's a good time to visit RPS Community? I've been on a couple of nights this week but no sign of anyone from RPSH.

Activated Node
    Hello, I was fortunate enough to get a trial from one of you guys, but was unable to use it since i only could log on once, before isp issues ruined the game for me. I am back now, so hoping to see you guys ingame!

Activated Node
    Hello! I've decided to give Eve another try and I'm into the atmosphere of the RPS planetside 2 outfit so I thought this might be cool too.

I'll do the tutorial whatsits and sisters of eve thing as suggested to get myself reacquainted, but I was wondering if I should be choosing a particular race or whatever? does this matter? I dont want to be all like I'm a Gillet dude because I like the look of their ships and then it turns out I needed to be a calamari or whatever?

This might be a stupid question but I dont see mention of it anywhere, advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers, J.

race doesnt matter, so choose whichever ships/race look the coolest to you. and youll be able to cross-train to another race's ships anyway

Activated Node
    Thanks for the reply, I went on the chat channel last night and it seems like RPSH is no longer a thing so I'll have to look elsewhere!

Obscure Node
    Due inactivty of RPSH has anyone any suggestion for a nice corp. focused on PvP?

Obscure Node
    I'm contemplating starting with EVE but I'm not sure whether I'll always have the time to play it regularly. As such €15/month seems a bit steep when there's the chance I won't be able to play during some weeks.

Anyhow, two questions regarding subscriptions:
    - If you buy a 30-day subscription does it immediately start or not until you activate it?
    - 30 days, does that mean 30 days from the day you activated it, or 30 days on which you login and play?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    In my experience it's 30 days from the point at which you hand over the money.

However, because of the way the game mechanics work, it's not going to be wasted time - training is done on a time basis rather than repetition of an activity (rather than in WoW say where you grind skills up by repeatedly making belts or whatever). So you can log in when you're able, or hop in to queue up training for a few minutes, and then play more when you're able to.

I'm still a big newb as far as playing the game but I'm not spending a huge amount of time in-game at the moment, but I am developing a lot of skills and selling items on the Marketplace in the downtime - which means I can log in, queue stuff up, do a mission or two and then log off again.

Activated Node
    So I take it RPS Holdings is no more?

I just re-activated a very old character, which despite being grey is a total (ok, maybe not total, but anyways) noob and could really use some assistance stepping over the threshold. Are there RPSers hanging out anywhere else? Any tips on other corps that might be looking for a part-timer with about 1M unassigned skill-points?

Quote Originally Posted by mootpoint View Post
    So I take it RPS Holdings is no more?

I just re-activated a very old character, which despite being grey is a total (ok, maybe not total, but anyways) noob and could really use some assistance stepping over the threshold. Are there RPSers hanging out anywhere else? Any tips on other corps that might be looking for a part-timer with about 1M unassigned skill-points?
    I do not know about RPS holdings, but the ingame channel called 'RPS Community' allways has some people online. It is not exactly buzzing with activity but certainly a good place to ask some questions and/or find a corporate home, i would assume.
    You could also add me and/or evemail or convo me and i shall answer any questions i can. Be warned though, it is my strong opinion that everybody can and should live and prosper in lowsec, no matter the amount of skill points or expertise and my suggestions might be colored by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsar View Post
    I'm contemplating starting with EVE but I'm not sure whether I'll always have the time to play it regularly. As such €15/month seems a bit steep when there's the chance I won't be able to play during some weeks.

Anyhow, two questions regarding subscriptions:
    - If you buy a 30-day subscription does it immediately start or not until you activate it?
    - 30 days, does that mean 30 days from the day you activated it, or 30 days on which you login and play?
    It adds 30 days of game time to your account the moment you buy it. If there still are 18 days on your trial or from an old plex or whatever, than you will have 48 days after you have bought the 30 days. If you buy a recurring subscription, it will also not rebill strictly every 30 days but instead whenever you run out of game time. So even if you have a monthly recurring payment option, you still can easily activate a PLEX (the ingame-gametime-card) or a normal gametime-card whenever you want to add 30 days of game time and it will only rebill once that runs out as well.

Also worth noting, PLEX are not as expenive as one might think or as they look for a new player. After a few months and if you are actively playing the game, it is quite easy to play for free.
    But by 30 days it means 30 days and not 30 days you actually play. If you have 30 days of gae time but do not play for 20, then you will sadly only have 10 left.
    But even if you are not playing a whole lot, as sketchseven mentioned, you train skills wether you play or not, as long as you are subscribed. So even if you do not play a lot for a week or two, as long as you remember to queue some new skills every other day (you can queue up skills with the last one of them STARTING no more than 24 hours in the future), you will return stronger than you left.

Last edited by DeVadder; 05-05-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    Avid player of SMITE.
    Check the thread if you look for someone to play with.
    And in case you do not yet play but want to give it a shot (beeing free and all that) i would be gracious if you would consider my referal link.

Activated Node
    Thanks DeVadder, I will most certainly check out the community channel. Don't be surprised if I bother you ingame either.

Obscure Node
    TLDR: newbros should continue to hang out in "RPS Community" chat, the corp is open for applications but don't expect much.

Old timer RPSH member with an update:
    I am an old timer who signed on with RPS Holdings inside its first week of operation. I resubbed about two months ago and while many of the RPSH bittervets advised me to move on I am a stubborn man. To this end I have re-enlisted RPSH into Faction Warfare for the Minmatar. I plan on doing streamed roams at minimum every Wednesday evening (2100 CET) (I did one last week: http://www.twitch.tv/ifbar/c/2265557 ).

If you are a bittervet: I am not good, I am mostly screwing around in PVP trying to get my sealegs as it were.
    If you are a newbro: I am not good, but I can probably provide basic advice. Sign up for the RPS Community channel or chat when I'm streaming. If you are interested in signing up for the corp I can take applications: please include a link to your RPS forum profile. I may followup asking for an API key for additional account verifcation. I haven't decided how try-hard I am going to be in this regard.

As for what you should have done before you join, SweatyPitts said it quite well:
    What do we require from our new meatshields?:

• Working microphone - we use clients like Mumble or TeamSpeak to communicate with each other
    • Finish the Sisters of EVE arc - The need to finish the Sisters of Eve arc is that it helps you understanding some very basic things like basic navigation and UI, if you have any questions about this contact us in "RPS Community"
    • You need to understand that this is primarily a corp dedicated to getting new dudes into PVP as fast as possible, so if you have no interest in PVP, don't apply. In that case, feel free to hang out with us in the RPS Community channel; we have many friends and we like to keep it that way!
    If you are interested in manufacturing, trading, or various forms of ratting then there will be space for it, just as long as people remember the raison d'etre of the corp is getting into dumb battles and dying a lot.

SweatyPitts post had some 'things we offer' points which I need to replace with the following:
    - I barely know what I'm doing
    - I am getting pretty plastered during the latter half of my Wednesday roams

If this (understandably) is of little interest to you I can point you in the directions that many RPSH alumni wandered off in.

Obscure Node
    To pick-up around where Meds leaves off insofar as what some of the old-guard are doing:

There are quite a few old members of RPSH/Lollis/Gunshi/Etc... still around. And infact we're still PvP'ing and generally being bads together in a new corp. If you're interested in PvP'ing in low and null-sec just hang around the RPS Community channel in-game and pipe-up in channel and ask around what people are doing when and where.

Whilst those of us PvPing still are mostly quite experienced, we're open to new recruits and can teach you the ways of badsquad. Honestly, you won't be as bad as me as long as you don't log in drunk, get emo on comms and lose 60million isk ships because you can see 3 UIs and none of them will stay still! No-one cares if you do any of these, but all three combined in one night is probably bad form :-/

We're pretty active although mainly in EUTZ at the moment.

I'm not posting corp details here so as to try and avoid the bad juju associated with this thread, but as said - ask around in RPS Community channel and you'll find us.

"We're the heroes EVE deserves, but not the ones it needs right now"
    Last edited by laps3d; 02-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I've got an EVE itch I'm dying to scratch; may well stump up some cash and jump back in game in a month or two.

Hello chaps. I'm an old Eve hand - played from the beta for about three years. Mostly PvE stuff though, so no PvP pewpew experience to speak of. Quit ages ago and had an urge to get back in to the game, so here I am. Got some ISK, got some ships, got some skills and am currently moving my stuff to Stacmon. Sent you an application earlier today, so if you want me, let me know!