Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    For anyone stumbling into the thread, this is a great time to start playing EVE as you'll have your own shard of new people to play and learn with. Come one come all!

/Bob
    BobHound - EVE Online

Yo, Room for 1 more?

Actually this is a re-application. I joined about a year ago as Clarence Oddbody but then after some real life shinanagans I stopped playing. (In the one and only time I flew with you I spent about 40 minutes flying down to null sec only to have a bigger boy beat me up and steal my lunch money).
    If the name doesnt ring a bell I'm the one from the Isle of Man who worked in the same building with another one of your guys, Alex (yup, the island really is that small). Neither of us work there any more by the way. :-)

Aaaanyway, I'm starting from fresh with a whole new account and now going by the name of Fargo Cohen.
    Still working my way through the tutorials at the mo and then I'll probably do the Sisters of Eve arc but I'll be lurking on here and your chat channel if you want to have a chin-wag.

Oh yeah, I'm also mates with JaredB, one of your newest recruits

We do still have room for you!

Send in an application and you will be put through the recruitment process, which these days includes a full API-check just to give you a headsup.

I will be gone for the weekend so if you want to ask if somebody can handle your application you can direct your pokes to Major Goose or Richard Mansk.

Have a good one!

/Bob
    BobHound - EVE Online

Colour me interested.

I really like the idea of Eve, but every time I tried it (twice), the reality never quite fit the expectation. I didn't give it much of a chance though, as the few hours I played suggested that super sexy space warfare could only be achieved after countless days mining, which isn't my idea of fun.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for being a space-nuisance of some description, so if a kindly gent wants to send me a trial code, I'll download the client and hopefully pop onto the RPS channel sometime tomorrow.

Obscure Node
    Hey Basketballcop,

I'm sure one of us can supply you with a 21 day trial via the buddy program if you pm us your email address. See how you like it for those 21 days and if you decide to purchase the game the invitee will receive a big bag of money to share with you. I'm not sure exactly how much it is but it's a hell of a lot of cash for a new player, so there'll be no need to go mining for a while. Also, there's plenty of other ways to make money once you blow that starter fund, many of which don't slowly and painstakingly chip away at your soul eventually leaving you a barren husk of a man/woman.

We're currently moving down into scary space, and there's no reason why brand new players can't get involved in super sexy space warfare

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbiscuit View Post
    Hey Basketballcop,

I'm sure one of us can supply you with a 21 day trial via the buddy program if you pm us your email address. See how you like it for those 21 days and if you decide to purchase the game the invitee will receive a big bag of money to share with you. I'm not sure exactly how much it is but it's a hell of a lot of cash for a new player, so there'll be no need to go mining for a while. Also, there's plenty of other ways to make money once you blow that starter fund, many of which don't slowly and painstakingly chip away at your soul eventually leaving you a barren husk of a man/woman.

We're currently moving down into scary space, and there's no reason why brand new players can't get involved in super sexy space warfare
    Plex's go for about 390 million at the moment. Thats 195 million for each.

Ok, client is downloaded and I just need to make an account. If someone could be kind enough to send me an invite via the buddy scheme, it would be most appreciated (and I'll PM my email). Failing that, I'll start a 14 day trial and BITE BACK THE SEETHING RESENTMENT WHILST ENDLESSLY MINING ASTEROIDS!

Any tips on a good race for beginners?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketballcop View Post
    Ok, client is downloaded and I just need to make an account. If someone could be kind enough to send me an invite via the buddy scheme, it would be most appreciated (and I'll PM my email). Failing that, I'll start a 14 day trial and BITE BACK THE SEETHING RESENTMENT WHILST ENDLESSLY MINING ASTEROIDS!

Any tips on a good race for beginners?
    shoot me an email address

Edit: also if i were you i would probably take amarr or minmatar. My personal preference is amarr but minmatar is a really good alternative
    Last edited by Kartik; 28-08-2011 at 08:19 PM.

PM sent!

Many thanks, Kartik.

yo

Where are the main forums again? I'm sure it says on the Corp page in game but it's a slow day at work so thought id have a browse. And, y'know, register. Like I should have done when I joined

Fargo

Network Hub
    Anyone want to buddy me? It's about time I at least tried this game... thanks in advance.

Activated Node
    Hey metalangel, I've shot you a PM, so just reply to me with your email address and I'll get a buddy program trial sent to you. Welcome to EVE

Network Hub
    Okay, I'm in now, thanks to kingbiscuit. My character is 'Gloom Erastus' and he'd like to thank Hoarr for his help earlier, I've now completed all the exploration training.

Obscure Node
    Goose et al pm me ze details for the private bit on mumble pl0x

Obscure Node
    Hi there just came back to Eve after a two year break. Extremely rusty and was never all that great, but interested in flying with good folks. I last spoke with someone when the RPS corp was pretty new but account went inactive shortly thereafter.

How active are we required to be to join? I realize you are based in low-sec, but for someone who is rusty how concerned should I be if still interested in doing solo jaunts? Thanks

Activated Node
    There are no activity requirements that I know of, just remember to send me a plex for every weekend you're not on! Fairly cheap eh.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyComa View Post
    There are no activity requirements that I know of, just remember to send me a plex for every weekend you're not on! Fairly cheap eh.
    Hah yea super-cheap. Are you all still active?

Activated Node
    Yeah! Get to RPS COMMUNITY and talk to us!

Activated Node
    Hey Rhett. I just shot you a PM. We are still alive and kicking. Either respond here or with an EVEmail in game. I have the same name in game as I do here. I hope to talk to you soon.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    What's the status of RPSH? The recent Eve video on the main site has piqued my interest, and I'm tentatively thinking of subscribing for a few months to see what it's like and if I have time.