Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    re-downloading client now. tried eve solo for a bit, but couldn't really get a handle on things. looking forward to being cannon fodder

@Aetherblade

You'll find us in the channel RPS Community. Voice comms is a must for the corp as it is a great help in fleet situations.

@limitedkp

Hope you'll find EVE more enjoyable this time around!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Obscure Node
    me too. i think a lot of what ruined it for me before what having nobody else to fly with. my one friend who played kept running off to do Cool Fun Stuff and left me in the dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherblade View Post
    I'm Caldari by the way, dunno if thats a problem. Also I haven't played in a year orso due to the lack of a cool corp, but this might get met started again, so how do I sign up and what am I supposed to do after? (I don't really want to check 20+ pages for that ) (plus is there voip? or do we use fleet chat and so on?)
    Hiya,

I still have some 21-day trials left if you want one - PM me your email address.

Caldari is fine and they have some awesome ships.

As Bob said, find us in the RPS Community channel. We use mumble for fleet comms.

@ limitedkp

That doesn't sound much like a friend! If you can fly a frig, we'll take you on our roams you'll have to make them cheap and disposable at the start, but we definitely take a 'more the merrier' approach to fleet ops.
    Last edited by ThunderChild; 28-02-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Squidguts - PS2

Thunderfire/vitae/shield/blast - GW2

Obscure Node
    Heya

I played Eve for a few months but didn't really get the hang of it or really got hooked, but i have always felt there was more to it than what i experienced.
    I feel like starting over with a new char and maby ressurecting my old one if the economy allows it, but is there anyone who has a buddy invite i could use?

Would love to do some pvp with my fellow RPS readers

Cheers

Activated Node
    Hey KrizzB, PM just sent.

Activated Node
    (this is a repost from the article comments)

Anyone who is doubting how effective you can be right from the start, one of our new FCs just took a gang out last night with rather spectacular results: http://rpsh.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12578362. The entire cost of the gang used to kill that battleship was somewhere around a 30 - 40 mil; roughly a fifth of the cost.

k, people ill be coming online next thursday then looking forward to it again. eve is so awesome when you have a cool corp (to stab in the back :P)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've decided to download the client, played around through the basic tutorial yet again. Slightly confused on a thing or two (the tutorial decided to give up on me, had to restart the game and toy with things a bit), but it all seems fine so far.

Decided to change my usual Gallente fetish for Amarr because the ships looked neat. I'm hoping to join RPS Holdings to see what "real" EVE is supposed to be, because lone wolf EVE never really grabbed me. How do I get around to joining?

Hi FriendlyFire, the best way is to join the 'RPS community' chat channel and keep an eye out for Hoarr or Bobhound, or any other RPSH member for that matter - give us a shout and we can get the ball rolling.

We generally recommend people try the combat tutorials you get offered, and perhaps any others that take your fancy, then move onto the Sisters of Eve epic quest chain. This will keep you busy for a couple of days, and should make you enough money to buy a couple of frigs to play around with - so once you're recruited you should be ready to go.

PM me if you have any questions. Hope to see you in game!
    Squidguts - PS2

Hey, resubbed last night. My character has a few months of skills on him, but for all intents and purposes I'm a total noob that happens to have a fairly competent (but no means great) grasp of the hideous ui. I actually can't even remember how drones work, so there you go.

I'm genuinely interested in doing some pvp and maybe some nullsec stuff, I was in the RPS community channel last night and this morning and meant to ask, but I'm not sure what it is you guys get up to or if you have a schedule for roams and the like. I'll be around over the weekend in game, my character's called Brutor Rosso.

Activated Node
    I look forward to seeing you in game. Next time you are on, ask in the channel for one of the directors or one of our recruiters. They will get you cracking. I'll see you soon.

I also hang around in the RPS Holdings channel for talk and I'm always available to help over the weekend when I'm on. When I'm not please feel free to mail me in game and I'll get back as soon as possible. I usually check my messages twice a day.

-Darth Brole.

Oh, and these are always good for a laugh. Join them.
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Downloading client now- anyone there who can pm me a 21-day invite? I'll be buying at least a month of game time.
    Last edited by Swanny; 01-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.

PMed you Swanny

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Downloading client now- anyone there who can pm me a 21-day invite? I'll be buying at least a month of game time.
    Squidguts - PS2

Obscure Node
    Hey guys,

Wooo first post! Anyway, I've been playing eve on and off for several years now, and I think it's great. Unfortunately the 21 days they give you may not be enough to really tell if you like the game or not, although the new player experience has improved since I started. While I'm heavily involved with a corporation (Es and Whizz) and so won't be joining RPSH, I do happen to have a 60 day trial time code left over from the holiday promo that should work, should anyone want to try the game longer than 21 days. None of my friends are interested, so I'd be happy to pass it on to someone who wants to take a spin with eve of just hang out with awesome RPS peeps online. Send me a PM if you're interested, I'll update this post if/when its gone.

Activated Node
    Skippy, Thanks for the offer. If anyone is interested, it'd be a great way to get into the game.

Howdy!

I've played Eve on and off for years now on a handful of accounts but never really got into the meat of the game. I played it for two months last year but exams got in the way and I didn't really get the chance to get back into it. Would love to join the RPS corp, seeing how it sounds exactly like my sort of thing.

Any chance of bumming some game time of someone? :P

Quote Originally Posted by MegaPigeon View Post
    Howdy!Any chance of bumming some game time of someone? :P
    If you want a 21day invite, send me your email address and I'll send it to you.
    Building, fixing and using PCs since 1999. Only PCs. Always PCs.