Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    We're around, and when we are around we are hard at work making iskies.

If you are interested in trying it, I or one of the others can sort you out with a buddy referral which extends the normal trial period from 14 days to 21... if you then subscribe the referrer gets a PLEX which if sold and shared is a lot of very useful money for a new player.
    Last edited by metalangel; 20-11-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Hmm, thanks for the offer. I think I'll hold off for now as I've got coursework to be doing, and Eve looks like a massive timesink, but when the Christmas holidays start I might check out a trial version.

Network Hub
    When you first start EvE you both play it a LOT and not much at all. A lot because it's your new game and wow, look how much there is to do. Not much because you can't do any of it without training skills, and a skill can take ten minutes, ten hours or ten days to train (real time, whether the game is running or not).

I can play MMO's, although grind bores me to tears. Is there much scope for blowing up other ships and general piracy with you guys/in this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Network Hub
    I just resubbed for a month. Haven't played seriously since 05 or so, just wonder what you guys get up to ingame? Pretty much everyone I used to play with is long gone :/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    I can play MMO's, although grind bores me to tears. Is there much scope for blowing up other ships and general piracy with you guys/in this game?
    That's the primary focus of RPSH. We go on 'roams' where we fly around in a small fleet of ships, looking for trouble.

Any grind (mining, trading, etc) is to pay for new ships to replace the ones we lost fighting. We sometimes do PVE to get loot to sell too, but that again tends to involve a small fleet.

(I think that answers Vicious' question too)

Network Hub
    Where are you guys operating? lowsec, nullsec, as part of an alliance etc?

Think I'll be reactivating on Sunday, though it'll likely be a while before I can get into that sweet hole of yours!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Obscure Node
    We're currently living in a wormhole Vicious, mostly so we can say things like wot Bob said.

With EVE Crucible arrived CCP are now offering 60 day trial keys for people who want to get the chance to get a proper feel for the game. So if anyone interested is reading this, send a PM to me and I can send you a code.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    Hmm, thanks for the offer. I think I'll hold off for now as I've got coursework to be doing, and Eve looks like a massive timesink, but when the Christmas holidays start I might check out a trial version.
    There are skill queues these days, so you could conceivably set up one of those 60 day trial accounts Hanban is talking about, get a skill plan from someone in RPSH, and log in for five minutes every couple of days to queue up new skills.

That way when you start playing in the Christmas holidays you could start with a 20 day old player able to fly cruisers and battlecruisers quite* well rather than a brand new character who can barely make frigate works and has trouble making the guns go dakka dakka.

On the off-chance you're not aware, EVE skills train at the same speed whether you're logged in or not; it's not like WOW where you have to grind armour making in order to be able to make the goodest armour - but it's also not like WOW where you can grind armour making for a couple of hours and then be able to make the goodest armour. There's no substitute for spending X time training skills - but with 60 days free you could spend 20 of them getting the dull stuff out of the way without even playing the game.

*for a given value of "quite"

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    There's no substitute for spending X time training skills - but with 60 days free you could spend 20 of them getting the dull stuff out of the way without even playing the game.
    This times about 6000. One of the most difficult things about getting new players going is getting them to train the non shiny skills, also called your "core" or "fitting" skills. These are electronics and engineering to 5, and to a lesser extent mechanic and navigation to 5 (don't worry, you're not going to know what this means until you start playing). This skills are really boring, but make a WORLD of difference when you don't have to gimp your ship just to be able to fly it. Give hanban PM on these forums so he can set you up w/ a 60 day trial.

If anyone else would like a long trial, one of us would be more than willing to set you up and split the profits with you if you end up subscribing. I'm one of the directors for RPSH and use the same character name in game. I hope to see you in there.

Obscure Node
    Any specials for existing players alongside the new release? Might reup after I took advantage of a 30 day reduce price special a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rhettdb2005 View Post
    Any specials for existing players alongside the new release? Might reup after I took advantage of a 30 day reduce price special a month ago.
    yea a nice implant set, for those that resub till Dec 6th. (first of the set currently goes for 100-120 on contracts btw)

also whoever wants a 60d trial PM me, have one left to give out. if not, i still have a bunch of 21day trials left to give out.

Obscure Node
    I'm fishing for two 60 day trials (hoping to start up with a friend and move into RPS Holdings after completing the tutorials and so on). Some advice on skill orders and so on would also be useful.

Edit: You lovely people are already helping me out. Such gentle-folk!
    Last edited by DrazharLn; 01-12-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Activated Node
    Ahhhhrrrggggg, I so wanna start up EVE again, but at the same time I so dont... that new trailer aint helping! See you in game... bastards haha

If anyone has one of the long trials, I would like to try EVE. Never played before, but willing to take the plunge if there are nice people willing to help me figure out how to play.

Obscure Node
    Yes, me as well. I started the game a few days ago on a 14 day trial but would love to join you guys in the corp! I learn fast! I love this game so far! If you have a spare 60 day trial code, let me know and i'll make the new account right now!

Activated Node
    Stop sucking and send me a PM, whoever wants a 60 day trial.

Be aware that by accepting it, you WILL owe me a part of your soul*. You've been warning

* "soul" being defined at the moment of collection, not at acceptance.

Obscure Node
    Once I've got Skyrim out of the way I'm going to give Eve another whirl. I tried it years ago for about 6 months and really enjoyed it, but only did the PvE stuff. Pretty sure I picked up the Special Edition boxed version from a couple of a years ago in a sale with the 60 day time card, I'll have to dig it out. I'll give you guys a nudge soon, always fancied trying PvP .