Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I've been reading about EVE for years now, and I've decided to finally give the free trial a go after rereading Jim's stories. This is my first MMO, so I'll likely be worse than useless, but perhaps there's a cannon fodder class. Or a spaceship polishing talent tree.

The cannon fodder class is called hero tackler and you're more than welcome to come strap yourself into one of these suicide machines!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Hey Hoarr (Okami here), I seem to have missed you today for whatever follow-up talk. I came on pretty late. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that SilentStile and I are still interested!

Obscure Node
    If anyone wants to send a trial code thisaway, I'd be a very happy capsuleer!

Activated Node
    Boolets, I don't know if anyone sent a trial key your way or if you just signed up for the 14 day free trial, but we'd be happy to hook you up with one if someone hasn't already. (and yes, that's now the royal we with my recent promotion)
    Last edited by Hoarr; 13-01-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: new promotion

Obscure Node
    Naw, just on the 14-day trial, I'm good. Although if I do decide to resub, it'd be on my other guy with more stuff. Just didn't want to pay cause I'm cheap.

Hey - am I still in the Corp atm? I had to quit for a bit because of school, but I should be able to resub now.

(Hardy Courage)

Not sure if you're still in Alex, I think you probably are. Either way, you're welcome back anytime!

With that said:

RPSH is about as active as we have ever been. The Golden Age of Hoarr has begun!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Last night two new members of the corp, Kat and Palin, were awarded BobHound's Scanning Genius medal for taking part in one of the corp scanning tutorials. Now you can also earn medals and become a distinguished fresh meat in EVE. Learn from the worst of the worst to become a true menace in space!

Strangely put together words aside we're doing quite well and are looking for more people as always. Recently Hoarr, praise be his name, took over CEOship of the corp and with the recent influx of people it's once again become a good time to join and experience the wonders of a cutthroat MMO. If you're looking to give EVE a go here's a great opportunity. Join RPSH and become a better person for it.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Obscure Node
    Yeah it's a good time to join, lots of new members around at the moment.

I've only been playing Eve for a couple of weeks now, joined up with RPS Derp Academy less than a week ago and it's a very welcoming environment, lots of friendly banter and people willing to have newbs tagging along on roams. Great fun so far.

Even if this applies to pretty much everything I do so far other than the very basics

Obscure Node
    Of course we are 'always willing to have newbs tagging along on roams.' It's the only way to learn, and it reduces the chance that I'll get shot at.

I have a 60-day free trial on my account, so PM me if you're interested. First come, first served!

Yeah, I'm another new addition to the corp and game and I'm having a blast. We did some PVPing the other day and, despite only MOSTLY blowing up our enemies, it was still a great time. As a new player, I can definitely say that having people around to show you the reigns is what makes EVE actually fun.

Someone should definitely take the chance and nab Thunderdchild's key! 60 days is well enough time to get a taste for what EVE has to offer!

/Bob
    BobHound - EVE Online

Activated Node
    I would actually be rather interested in trying out EVE, especially with a larger group. I do have one question though, how playtime intensive is EVE, at least to go around shooting other guys?

Quote Originally Posted by AsimBa View Post
    I would actually be rather interested in trying out EVE, especially with a larger group. I do have one question though, how playtime intensive is EVE, at least to go around shooting other guys?
    To fly the ships you need to pvp with, you need to train skills. This skill training takes place whether or not you are actually playing the game.

You could theoretically train to fly a titan (BIG ship) by doing nothing more than logging into the game to set new skills to train every couple of days.

Activated Node
    That sounds great for me, as my schedule isn't good for any playing certain days. Would anyone be so kind as to send me a trial? I think I could be a fine addition to the RPS empire in space!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ou818 View Post
    You could theoretically train to fly a titan (BIG ship) by doing nothing more than logging into the game to set new skills to train every couple of days.
    Assuming you find some way to pay for all those skill books!

I have a 60 Trial code if anyone wants it. Either PM me or quote me here.
    Building, fixing and using PCs since 1999. Only PCs. Always PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Assuming you find some way to pay for all those skill books!
    Mining. Duh!