Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    C'est la vie! In EVE!

Me and two of my friends found the time to start playing today, and I must say its quite interesting. Feel free to look me up (Julian Sahar) or either of my friends (Tarquin Austrene and Tyrone Lewis). Just so you know, I'll be hanging around in the RPS community channel and asking annoying questions

Obscure Node
    I just have to second Bob's opinion on it being an awesome time. Feels really good to have so many new players and everyone performed really well considering being thrown in the deep end. Hell, Bob lemminged more than anyone and he was the second oldest corpie on the roam!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post
    Hello Splynter!

As Kaahz will tell you we have a very active US TZ. So a Canadian in the mix should work out swell!

We just came back from a great roam with many of our new rookies. For my own part, it's been a long time since I've had this much fun. It's great to see the corp being able to go out on its own again!

So, like we've been spamming over and over, if you're new to the game (*nudge Splynter*) this is as good a time as any to join. We're currently in the process of tempering our rookies into spaceship superheroes so join in on the fun!

If you've never played EVE, you're welcome to join us and be cast into the pvp aspect of the game. If you've played a trial and thought it was a bit dreary to be out in space on your own, join us and feel the space shakes that come with EVE pvp!

/BobHound
    Well that's great. I'm in the process of getting the game installed (download cancelled at 50%, agh), so when I do how would I go about getting that 21 day partnered trial?

Grand!

You can go ahead and PM Nihilille, Kaahz or me your e-mail address and one of them will hook you up with a buddy invite.

/BobHound

Quote Originally Posted by hanban View Post
    heh, they now allow you to choose if you want game time or plex and i chose plex. Figure if any of these fellas decide to play for reals we can donate the plex from the buddy invites to the corp so that people who face harsh financial times can ask to be donated some game time.

/bob
    *ahem* >.> <.<
    Quote Originally Posted by egg651 View Post
    If only I could find the money to get back to this, I was really interested in the direction RPSH was going...
    Last edited by egg651; 29-06-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

I'm just "playing" a trial, but I figured I should report in here before people AUGH too much at the fine, delicate cheekbones of my character and decide he's a spy and kick me out of the RPS chat.

(Knuckle Gunn)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

@Egg

I'm not so sure you want to play EVE Egg. Go ahead and show me you're dedicated once more by robbing an old lady of her credit card and resubbing.

@Knuckle Gunn

Hello!

If you say something like the above expression someone in the RPS chat may or may not speak to you. Which can be a good or bad thing depending on who you are talking to. Anyways, look forward to seeing you in the chat!

Just finishing the beginner tutorials myself.... shall start making noises min the chat once I start floundering my way through the sisters of eve missions.....

Hhmmm so it took the existence of a Eve Corp to actually get me to sign in to the RPS forums... I always figured it would have eventually been the Blood Bowl that did it....

PM sent Hanban, downloading the rest of the installer now.

Obscure Node
    its nice to see lots of intrest
    how ever we r going to stop accepting new application for a couple of weeks as of now got (got 2 apps still to process )
    so we can concentrate on getting our new recuits trained up and on the rgiht lines

we will let u know when recruitment is open again
    once again i really appriciate all the intrest

Could you make room for one more, pretty please? I've reactivated my old account a few days ago and could really use a new corp

(My character name is Cubus)
    Last edited by Persona Jet Rev; 29-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by doc neil View Post
    its nice to see lots of intrest
    how ever we r going to stop accepting new application for a couple of weeks as of now got (got 2 apps still to process )
    so we can concentrate on getting our new recuits trained up and on the rgiht lines

we will let u know when recruitment is open again
    once again i really appriciate all the intrest
    Oh, jeez. Does that mean I'm screwed? I just wanted to be a killing machine so badly.... sniff

I got the invite from Nihilille but did not start it yet since I'm away from home right now, but will get started on the tutorials on friday. If there's still room for me then I promise I'll bring beer!

Ah well, fair enough. I figure a couple of weeks should let me get stuck into the sister of eve whatsits, and skill up a bit before you start rebuilding me. ... no cheap aluminium frame please!

Obscure Node
    again thanks for all the interest, however even since we stopped recruiting for a couple weeks does not mean you eventually get in.if oyu keep PM'ing myself , Rogue Cheetah and Doc neil we wil put you on list and contact you again in a couple weeks to see if your stil interested. we need to do this for a couple reasons:
    1.) It allows for our trainers and other corp mates to get to know you
    2.) It allows us to assess your skills and help fix the problems you are having
    3.) It allows us to properly teach you aspects of PVP such as Directional scanning and ship fittings etc...
    With too many applicants at once we cannot do the forementioned things above and that wont be fair to any of you.

In the meantime feel free to join RPS community chat channel. and to get you started into PVP make sure you are training the proper skills.

The skills you need to get started are these.

propulsion jamming
    afterburner
    warp drive operation
    hull upgrades
    all the core skills:
    electronics
    engineering
    mechanic
    navigation
    gunnery
    spaceship command
    (your race) frigate

you want all these skills to at least 3 but 4 is preferable

again if you get these skills trained and be patient we will have you killing things in no time.
    Last edited by jaxdon; 30-06-2011 at 02:44 AM.

That's it, then. I give up. I'll play EVE. I'll let folks know when I get in and all set.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxdon View Post
    [...]
    Fair enough

If anyone wants to do some missioning / mining / salvaging / etc'ing in the meanwhile, just give me (Cubus) a nudge. I'll be hanging out in RPS Community channel.
    Last edited by Persona Jet Rev; 30-06-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Hang tight people!

I guess we never really imagined how much of a response we would be getting. So it's good that Doc put his foot down and slowed the recruitment down. There's quite a few new faces to get to know in corp at the moment so as soon as things settle down we will usher the rest you into our warm flappy folds.

I hope you bear with us and stay!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Persona Jet Rev View Post
    Fair enough

If anyone wants to do some missioning / mining / salvaging / etc'ing in the meanwhile, just give me (Cubus) a nudge. I'll be hanging out in RPS Community channel.
    I figured out we (the people in line) could do exactly that, hang together and be massacred together! At least we'll be getting to know our future corp brothers. Will look for Cubus online!

Obscure Node
    Consider this another hand stuck in the air for when you start recruiting again. I've just started playing and am grinding through the tutorial missions. Will pop into the community channel too.