Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Grand!

I hope you lot are able to settle into the RPS Community channel. The channel has quite a bit more lively than it used to be so I'm sure you can poke your head in and find some people to do missions/rat with as long as you ask.

And don't hesitate to ask questions! The RPS Community channel is frequented by many a bittervet that has been in RPS over the years, and some other fellas loosely associated with the corp. So there's a great wealth of knowledge there if you just poke your head in and ask.

Hang around and in no time you'll be flying with New Eden's most spectacular band of superheroes!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post

Hang around and in no time you'll be flying with New Eden's most spectacular band of superheroes!
    i think you actually mean this "hang around and .... band of trolling superdicks".
    but like he said RPS channel is a great place to be to ask questions and get non trolling answers. If you need help with fitting a ship or what to train next we will answer your questions.
    Last edited by jaxdon; 01-07-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Activated Node
    I started yesterday and some dudes already gave me lots of tips. And cash. Lots of cash. Here's a shout out to Cheryl/Duck, Mes and Richard!

Folks at the community are amazing and I just can't believe i've taken so long to start playing Eve, it's an amazing game, so if there's someone out there still on the fence, get to it asap!

My char name is Gara Diavolo, will meet you lot in space!

I have to second what PsyComa said. I'm loving the game so far and wonder why I took so long to try it. Thanks for the help everyone. My char name is Daveth Atreides (because Dune is amazing and political intrigue in Space!)

While its nice to hear you're having plenty of recruits, my friends and I have more or less finished the advanced tutorials and are sort of wondering what on earth to do now. Its a big universe, and we've no idea where to begin! Whereabouts is RPS 'space' located - where do you chaps normally hang out? Is it a dangerous trip? As well as nearly all the skills jaxdon mentioned we've all got at least 3 ships which we use on a regular basis. I assume we'd only be able to take the one ship with us? Ah, so many questions. Again, the name is Julian Sahar, just message me when you've got the time.

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    where do you chaps normally hang out?
    In true RPS fashion, we're near (the) Bar.
    --

@frenz0rs

Our low-sec area of operations is Asabona. It is from there we fleet up and go into the regions Curse and Providence for our nul-sec PvP. Jarizza is our high-sec jump off and at the moment all RPS pilots have to be cautious in the high security areas since we have been war-decced.

You are welcome to come hang in station with us, but the isk earning opportunities are not exactly ripe in the area so you may want to find some place close by to run missions or complexes in.

/BobHound

My mouse is hovering over the resubscribe button as I type this. But I don't want to be out of cash for the steam sales. Gah..! Must.. resist..
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

I'm so close to subscribing just knowing that there is an RPS group that I created this forum account to ask this question:

I know the official forums are blowing up all to hell over this but are you guys concerned about the whole "gold ammo" controversy? That and Jim's comments about corps just sitting on their gold has me kinda scared...please alleviate my fears!

I'm on a trial account and even the "boring" stuff has me interested!

Obscure Node
    Hi jp0249107 (I hope that isn't your ingame name because it's tricky to pronounce).

The whole issue of Incarna and microtransactions isn't something we've debated to any greater extent, but as far as I know no one in the corp has sullenly unsubbed any of their accounts. We might be a bunch of trolls but very few of us are drama queens, from the little chats I have had the sentiment is more "that is something to deal with when it happens" than any pre-emptive raging. My personal opinion, which probably deviates 100% from the more vocal members of the Eve community, is that I'm paying to have fun now, and when I don't have fun anymore I'll stop paying. Eve is a game where you can devote a lot of time as well as money, but for me if in june of 2012 they introduce a bracelet that gives you 5 extra skillpoints per minute I'll unsub then without thinking "well this was a waste" because I'll have had fun for the 18 months up until that point that I've paid for, and then I can move on.

Besides, the difference in how I actually play the game now compared to a month ago is zero, nothing has changed yet except a rather bland expansion but I didn't pay for it so I don't mind. The fact that we've managed to incite to much interest into the community these past weeks makes our corp a great place to hang out, have fun and grow as a pilot together with people who are in the same boat (ship) as you.

And dude, if you think even the boring stuff is fun, then wait until you get your first pvp shakes...
    Archer Vegari in Eve Online.
    Archer Vegas in Bad Company 2.
    Nihilille in other random games.

Obscure Node
    Although I guess we could call you Jay Pee...

Lol naw I just had to come up with a quick name and I just use an old username rather than try and come up with something witty or whatever and fall flat on my face.
    The worst that could happen is that I play for a month and hate it, so I'm gonna wait and see what happens after the press release from the whole CSM shindig and then I'll have to sign up for the corp.
    I'm hoping it all works out cuz I'm trying out Perpetuum and its not really scratching my scifi pron itch the way EvE has been, especially since EvE has so much more content and stuff out there.

Obscure Node
    like i stated in a previous post I dont care if they sell vanity items that do not give a tactical advantage to players. If ppl want to spend ungodly amounts of money to dress there character up so be it. If i want to dress something up ill go buy a Mr.Potatohead for 2 bucks at a yard sale.

tl:dr basically if they start selling skill points for real life money then ill have had it.

I'm looking foward to what transpired at the meeting yesterday between the CSM's and CCP. updates should be here today

Hey, one piece of advice, if you do not mind, before I get TOO invested in any particular character. I went Caldari over Minmitar as the description of their ships seemed a more balanced proposition... was that a wise decision? Should I turn around and make another character for a different race, before it is too late?

i have just come back to eve and would like fly with you lot be i am a boob na have never p v p before so be warned of my uselessness in advance

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMeatMonkey View Post
    Hey, one piece of advice, if you do not mind, before I get TOO invested in any particular character. I went Caldari over Minmitar as the description of their ships seemed a more balanced proposition... was that a wise decision? Should I turn around and make another character for a different race, before it is too late?
    It's not like WOW. Any character can fly any race's ships, and the time taken to cross train isn't that bad.
    Caldari have some decent ships, but Minmatar frigates are better, and Minmatar battlecruisers are better for skirmish PVP. Although there's something to be said for the Drake blob...

You'll be learning shield skills for caldari, and those are useful for minnie ships too. You'll be learning missile skills too, and those are generally secondary for other races' ships. Don't train caldari frigates or heavy missiles to level 5 before you decide whether you'd rather fly minmatar, but if you do decide to fly minnie there is absolutely no cause to reroll your character.

Obscure Node
    We at RPSH does not drake blob, not saying it isnt effective but just not our style.

There is a great write up done by one of our directors on another website but alas that website is down today for somereason. Ill post it here when it comes back up.it basically goes over all the different races shiptypes strengths and weakness that may help steer in the direction you want to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I spent months flying with you RPSH monkeys, I know you don't dig on drakes.

Obscure Node
    How rich are you by now you merciless carebear?!

Rookies have now achieved the level Space Bastards. They need to pass the level Vile **nt and move up to Superdickhero, and we will then be ready for the next batch of would-be RPSH pilots.

So once again, hang in there!

/BobHound
    BobHound - EVE Online