Steam transaction failed, advice needed

Yesterday I've bought some games from the daily deals which I paid with PayPal as usual. The payment went through OK but then failed to register on Steam and in a strange way: I had the demo of one, it appeared unlocked in a library and I could play it, while the other two were grayed out ("still in progress"). As soon as I restarted Steam, all of them disappeared. Unsurprisingly support still hasn't got back to me yet.

With deals expiring in a couple hours I'm undecided between buying them a second time or wait out for support.

So, what is the usual behavior from support in a case like that ? Will the games get loaded or I just get a refund?

Has Steam sent a receipt to your registered email account?

Nope, I've only got the email notice from PayPal for the charge. That specific transaction appears once in my store log and it says Failed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, bearing in mind that I'm just some bloke on the internet - I have no experience of problems with Steam - but a smattering of basic knowledge regarding (UK) consumer legislation, I'd say that, if you can afford to be without the money for a while, buy them again and then sort it out later on if the situation doesn't work itself out.

As long as everything's documented you'll be on safe ground for getting your money back and you'll be able to play the games now. It may, however, take a while.

Thanks for the reply, I just bought them again. Steam support also replied just minutes ago explaining that the funds are being held by PayPal and should be returned within 3 business days.

The payment for the failed order shows up on my card as authorized but not registered yet. Under this aspect it's exactly like the purchase I made today (which went just fine). If I get my money back as expected, I'll call myself lucky that this year sales last more than just 24h :)

Superb. Glad it seems to have worked out for you - I'm generally reluctant to offer advice unless I know exactly what I'm talking about (a rare occasion), so I appreciate you reporting back.

Thought I'd provide closure: I've got my money back today. Steam sent me a refund so it appears support's reply was inaccurate in blaming it on Paypal (this is consistent with the weird appearance and sudden disappearance of said games in the library).

I'm not complaining however, I haven't missed any deal, support was quick considering the situation, the refund too.