Lesser Hivemind Node
[README] ARMA 2 Free
Games cost money. Money we don't always have, and we want to make sure that the game is actually worth the investment.
ARMA 2 Free is a feature-limited but free version of the base ARMA 2 game. Think of it like a bigger demo. It's great for figuring out if the game will run well and if it plays in a way that's fun for you.
So we operate an ARMA 2 Free server to let you do just that.
Irregularly. Post in here to drum up some interest; most of us play the paid-for version instead.
Server Name: RockPaperShotgun - A2 FREE! [ARPS]
Port: 2602 <-- Note that 2302 is A2 Combined Ops, 2602 is A2 Free
Server Password: None
VOIP Client: Mumble
Please use push to talk (PTT) on VOIP!
- Q: Is this representative of playing with the RPS group?
- A: Yes and no.
- The fundamental game mechanics are the same. If you find yourself hating the way you move and shoot we can't do anything about it.
- The gameplay is quite different, though. The public server tends to play no-risk "missions" like Domination, which have respawns, unlimited revive and many toys (jets, sniper rifles, tanks).
- The proper server tends to focus on smaller scale missions of 15-25 people trying to complete a single objective in 30-40 minutes. Communication and coordination are essential.
- When the admins aren't looking, things tend to take a nose dive. Sometimes literally.
- Q: Can we get some admins on the server?
- A: Join the steam group chat, or Arma channels in Mumble.
Last edited by Bodge; 29-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.