Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

General A2 chat / discussion

So this is a thread for general news, discussion, introductions and "Can I play with you guys?" type posts (the answer to that last question is always yes).

( link to the old thread for posterity )

As of the last full patch (1.60) there are a couple of nasty bugs in the game:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    new OA 1.60.87662 hotfix/beta http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=129429
    quite lot of server and some client crashes since final 1.60 fixed, also numerous other fixes
    i recommended You try it/use it :)

also in this beta, Intel TBBv4 malloc is default
    If you're not willing to try the beta patches you should/can do the following to stop excess crashes:
    • Remove the squad.xml links in your profile until 1.61! Logos will crash the game! (I've removed the logo from ARPS/Herosquad for now, but it'll still throw an error during briefings)
    • Add the -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi to your launch arguments.
    Last edited by Nullkigan; 01-01-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Network Hub
    Recently a friend gifted me the base ARMA 2 on Steam; I intend to buy Operation Arrowhead for it before the sale ends. I'm at home with terrible internet right now (ugh Shropshire) so I'm not downloading either yet. Once I'm back at university I'll be jumping straight in though. Are there some AARs from ARPS missions about that I can look at in the mean time to get a feel for the kind of missions you guys do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    There are no written ARPS AARs i am aware of but you can browse the AARs from our weekly FOLK sessions here. (FOLK evenings are a bit different from the ARPS Tactical Tuesday and spontaneous sessions, check the corresponding README in this forum for the details)

I try to collect the video footage of our exploits on my ARPS youtube channel here.

Network Hub
    Cool. I'll take a look at some of those videos.

From what I can tell, missions in ARMA are usually vs AI that have been carefully set up by designers. Are there missions that involve human players on both sides?

Yup. A typical organised session (Tuesday, Sunday) is about three coop missions and one adversarial (often, but not always, played both ways). As we try to make the missions fairly short, this works out quite well.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Network Hub
    Sounds great! Now I have to wait on tenterhooks until I can actually play.

AAR thread for Folk session [Sun] 01 January 2012 (first session of 2012!) is up on the Folk forum now. Thank you to all comrades who came along - please share your screenshots, video or just a quick write-up of your experience in that thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So the Ofcom decision on the ITV Arma2 footage in a docu on Gadaffi has come out.
    Apparently they also used Irish riot footage from an earlier period... Bohemia should use it as an advertisement, although I cannot believe that even someone who hasn't seen a video game in his life, would mistake it for real-life footage. IIRC, the technical's wheels were in the air or something like that.

Just thought I'd post this link to BBC News:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-16745015

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So did we make sure to erase all traces of Fer from the Party's books, chat logs, photo albums etc?
    And to spread the rumor that he decided to retire to his bourgeois luxury villa in beautiful Siberia, which was paid for by the enemies of the People?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    New info on Arma 3, sounds really good!

Activated Node
    ARPS Secret Chopper(destroying) Traning, day 2.

Relevant to our Invasion 1944 activities:

Tr35f.jpg
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node
    Huzzah, got my fraps working ingame again so I shall try to record the Folk session!
    Until then, enjoy some AN2 greatness:

Just a few ideas....

Hehe, that vid looks awesome thanks for sharing monkey.
    Maybe we should make ARPS vid with some super duper intense action? like the battle in T55 where the driver doesn't know shit around him and the commander is constantly yelling ? :D

Anyone?

So the decision to Ofcom on ITV ARMA2 images in a document Gaddafi came out.
    Apparently they are also used pictures of an Irish rebellion earlier period ... Bohemiawas to use them as advertising, but I can not believe that even someone who has notseen a video game in his life would be confused with real life images. IIRC, the technique of the wheels were in the air or something.

Newegg Promo Code
    Last edited by Deckarderin; 13-06-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Activated Node
    Deckard check 9 posts above you ;)

But yeah, whoever did the factscheck failed horribly...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    eh iceraiser it's one of them.