Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Network Hub

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This has nothing to do with Arma2 but it seems interesting. It's a mod for Crysis Wars:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/casus-belli

Might try and find a copy of Crysis Wars and test it out.

Activated Node
    Those rifles were wayyyyyy to powerful! I got no thermals you can just jump out and down me, still was a funny night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8iBwj6d0uI this from 5 mins on I found hilarious :P

Also don't know who agrees but I always find those videos better with original sound rather than a track overlay.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ld%29&p=116843

New Zombie Arma2 mod by one of the Bohemia devs.
    Harlander and I are interested. Any other takers to organize a zombie night and try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...orld)&p=116843

New Zombie Arma2 mod by one of the Bohemia devs.
    Harlander and I are interested. Any other takers to organize a zombie night and try it out?
    You bet I'm interested! When do we shoot heads?
    EDIT: I just read the BI forum post. Would it be possible to host this on our own server?
    Last edited by Siddin; 18-04-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No, it seems you need to play on their own servers. We can always try it out with Mumble and see how it goes.
    I m wondering if it will be much fun thought without an aim, i.e. to escape or leave the map etc.

I'd be up for that.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Activated Node
    I'm in ;)
    Let's do this!

Network Hub
    Sounds good! I'd be up for that as soon as my computer arrives in a week or so.

Obscure Node
    Count me in! I've been meaning to try it out since I saw a video of it last week :)

Quote Originally Posted by Siddin View Post
    You bet I'm interested! When do we shoot heads?
    EDIT: I just read the BI forum post. Would it be possible to host this on our own server?
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    No, it seems you need to play on their own servers. We can always try it out with Mumble and see how it goes.
    I m wondering if it will be much fun thought without an aim, i.e. to escape or leave the map etc.
    Servers run the exact same files as clients. So, yes, we can run a server with this. However, I don't have the energy to make it happen before the weekend and it might (read: almost certainly will) run poorly.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Servers run the exact same files as clients. So, yes, we can run a server with this. However, I don't have the energy to make it happen before the weekend and it might (read: almost certainly will) run poorly.
    Hmm my bad then. I thought I read somewhere on the Armaholic post that you cannot run it on your own servers. Something about it needing to access a database etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    If you read the dev's post on the BIS forum here, you'll see that this is not quite the case. Apparently pretty much all of the game logic is external to ARMA2. It's not just Armascript interfacing with a database, but an external application doing the heavy lifting. So not really doable for us, since the devs aren't willing to release that stuff.
    Last edited by harakka; 19-04-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

For any hopeful lurkers who already have vanilla ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead is currently -50% off on GamersGate.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Lesser Hivemind Node

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I just read in a Greek news site that two Czechs, 28 and 33 years old, were arrested for espionage in Limnos (the island where Arma3 will take place). They found photos and videos of military installations on them. The two CZechs claimed they were working for BI and taking the material for Arma3. If they really work for BI, they must be stupid as near military installations there are usually huge signs saying that it is forbidden to take photos and video in that area. In any case, I think they re gonna have a hell of a time getting out of this mess.
    Last edited by kataras; 11-09-2012 at 04:48 PM.

How long ago was that? Because it sounds like a pretty flimsy excuse if they were caught last week. All the material about A3 shows the islands in a pretty complete state, as far as I can tell.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The article had today's date and was uploaded tonight so maximum a couple of days ago?

If you are using chrome then here is a link to a Greek news site http://news247.gr/eidiseis/koinonia/...a.1923532.html
    Couldn't find a statement from Bohemia though, maybe they have something on their forums?
    But military espionage.. that's a pretty hefty charge they got on their hands.
    Last edited by Kefirz; 10-09-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: fixed link

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah I didn't include link as automatic translation for Greek tends to be shit usually. The whole thing is a bit weird though, surely they must have seen the huge signs. Also I m sure BI would not model military installations in their game right? I thought there were problems like that with Google maps.

edit: forum link, not much info in their post though:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...46#post2221846
    Last edited by kataras; 11-09-2012 at 03:30 PM.