Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Neptune's pride: The RPS community epic

I've just read the rps diary of Neptune's pride that was posted earlier today. I am most intrigued. The game sounds brilliant, and I think the best way to enjoy it would be a game comprising solely of RPSers who would potentially be willing to write up their turns, ambitions, emotions, etc to create a similarly (If inevitably much more poorly written) epic compilation. Anyone that wants to join would have to be of a similar skill level to the others, ie completely new to it. If I can't find enough people that want to write up their turns then I guess I'd be willing to just play a normal game regardless, though I do think we could make something interesting if we we all managed to commit. Who knows, it could even make for a good addition to the Sunday papers of the not too distant future.
    Last edited by Coccyx; 02-01-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hi there, posted on the actual site too but I'd be up for this! I'v been running a small gaming website for the last 6 months and I'm more than happy to post peoples turns there if you want. I have never played the game either. The site is mmgaming.net if interested, and like you said if nobody wants to write up their turns I'd still be up for a game!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Is the game really as monstrous as I think? That an attack started as you go to bed could savage your empire before you get up in the morning?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    This game looks very good and i'm up for it as long as I can write it any style I want.

Network Hub
    There's... an element of that. But I'm sure such distinguished chums as we would never resort to such nefarious tactics as deliberately launching invasions at times when we know our opponents are other wise engaged....

Network Hub
    kirbyxox, I have to ask: what style do you plan on writing in? It must be pretty audacious if you have to check beforehand. I'm sure it'll probably be fine, I'm just curious.

Obscure Node
    Well I may do it in the style of being the character in the game and lead out to describing the game but I don't know much about it so i'm not sure if i'll be able to do this.

Network Hub
    That should be possible. Yes, why not? It could be interesting, so long as we don't all do it. Would you be sending messages while role playing as well? That could be quite funny, an account of you dealing with people that aren't role playing and vise versa.

Obscure Node
    Yes probably.

Obscure Node
    I am most interested. Not sure how i would write it, but you can consider me in.

Obscure Node
    I have still some "credits" lying around so if you tell me what you want I can set up a few private games for you guys.

edit:
    I have enough credits to set up 7 games that would be free for people to join.
    I will not join in playing because this game makes me a nervous wreck
    Last edited by ALDI Nord; 02-01-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Obscure Node
    I'd like to join in.
    The whole writing of the story reminds me of Boatmurdered

Network Hub
    It looks like we're on. Someone with a website to post it to, someone with enough credits to make a private game - and enough interested people to play with! Pretty soon we're going to have to start talking about numbers, game set up and how we're going to organise the writing.

Obscure Node
    May I suggest that if this gets big enough that we start up a subreddit for it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I will join bit I will not throw my life away playing it. If that doesn't sound dedicated enough choose someone else.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    So, should we start talking about getting a game set up? For writing, i figure we all just take notes along the way, then write a finished story up when we're done playing.

Network Hub
    I was wondering if maybe actually writing it while things are happening might be a better idea. I know that's not how they did it, but it might make for more interesting reading - and it circumvents the issue of forgetting exactly what was happening and what we felt like at the time. I think if we write it as we go, maybe an entry every couple of days when something important happens, we'll get a more compelling final piece. But hey, obviously I'll go with the majority. What do the rest of us think?

I will gladly join AND throw my life away for this game! :D
    Also, will write.

Network Hub
    What about player numbers? Does 8 sound about right? And glad to have you on board, Shepherd.

Obscure Node
    It might, actually. When i consider it, that seems like a good idea. Obviously i defer to the majority vote as well, but i like the idea

8 seems like a good number.