Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I'd be interested in joining, if there's still room. Is there a chat room or steam group for people involved or wanting to be?

Have space for one more? Definitely up for this!

Obscure Node
    There is now: steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSNPG

Network Hub
    It's beginning to look like we're going to have more applicants than spaces. I'm not sure we should do this as first come first serve, I've never liked that mentality or anything that encourages it. So... how do we resolve it? Only include the most committed? The best writers? The ones with normal sleep cycles and jobs who won't screw everyone else over when they can't get to their computers?
    Last edited by Coccyx; 02-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Obscure Node
    If we're gonna have to throw some applicants out, i have a feeling i should volunteer. I would love to play, but i live in GMT+1 time, which may conflict with the rest of your cycles

Network Hub
    I think you'll be all right Gill, you've shown the most enthusiasm and drive of anyone so far. From the little I know, the system brakes when people launch massive extended invasions while others are away, an hour shouldn't matter too much.

GMT+2 can apply?

Well the most committed would be a more logical choice here, since from what I've read in the 'complete epic', trying to maneuver whenever your opponent isn't quite there is an important part of strategy making but as you said, that would screw everyone over.

The best writers? Well there is already quite awesome diary(which in fact, sparkled the whole thing), so trying to filter people on that criteria seems a bit reluctant. The actual players who will make it in may be able to scrape together something nice, heck, maybe something awesome and overshadowing, but that should come as a bonus to the whole and not determine who's included into that 'whole'. Then again it's a game and it shouldn't break the forth wall as to mess up people's lives for the duration, because really, how many of us here can claim they work with video games for a living? :P

In my most humble opinion(even more humbled by the fact that those 2 criteria are generally shunning me) it should be a balance between commitment and time cycles. It doesn't need to be a perfect balance at that, just making sure we don't turn into sleep-crazy people from paranoia of being fucked over. Oh and also we need to establish some form of communication so we can call cease-fire in emergencies. The whole idea is to keep it a bit more on the fun side then the writers. :)

Hey there,

here is the current list of people who wants to play (and write) :
    [13 people]

Coccyx
    Timmeister (GMT)
    Kirbyxox (GMT)
    AyeGill (GMT+1)
    Alix84 (GMT +3) (aka Alixander)
    Somewhat Okay Shepherd (PST)
    Sgt_Squid (PST)
    Dragon Master (GMT +2)
    CaptaiNapalm (GMT +1) (aka Sandbox)
    Swubb (GMT +1)
    nerflex (GMT +1)
    Pseudo 310 (EST)
    Blapp21 (GMT +1)
    Last edited by CaptaiNapalm; 04-01-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Hello! If anyone's interested, a group of us took a crack at writing up a game a few months ago. You can read it here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ne's+pride

Obscure Node
    I am not playing, however I will fund the game. That means I will create a game with the number of players and rules that you want in a galaxy of your choosing, the Game will be password protected and free to join.

As for the time-zones I would think that anyone Inside the EU should be able to join.

So when done someone just mail/pm/im/drum/smoke-signal/dove me with all your requirements for the game.
    Telegrams will be accepted as well.

Eh, I'm PST. I would really like to play, but I guess I can step down if one of my European bretheren needs me to do.

Obscure Node
    Heh. Me too. I was kinda hoping to still be able to participate, but I agree with Shepherd in saying I too would be fine with not playing, if need be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I didn't mention it but I would certainly intend to write if I played. It's getting up at midnight to shuffle my fleets I was shunning.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

If there are enough with PST you could start a second game. And wow...sponsors already? CaptaiNapalm can you update that list over time as well as the time zone for each player. As stated above I'm GMT(+2).

Obscure Node
    I'm GMT just to let people know!

List updated :) please submit your timezone.
    ALDI NORD, can you check if non-premium can join premium password-protected game please ?

Obscure Node
    CaptaiNapalm - Copied from the site

"Password Protected Private Games

• Create a game that only you and your friends can join by adding a password to a game.
    • The premium games you create with a key are free for your friends to join so that they can enjoy the benefits of premium games too.

Okay thx :)

Obscure Node
    I'd love to join as well! My Time Zone is GMT+1

In order to fasten the process I create a password-protected game on Baxter Galaxy (large scale), that free members can join.

I send to everyone in the list a PM with the url of the game and the secret password. There are 12 seats so everyone can play :D

How will we manage the diaries ?