Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I PM you with the details Swubb, you're on the list, we still have 2 free slots ;)

Obscure Node
    I seem to have the latest timezone.
    (GMT+3)

Obscure Node
    CaptaiNapalm,
    I am PST. I hope it doesn't matter too much in the end, though.

List updated, I add green color to flag people who are already in the lobby.

Current at 03/01
    10/12 players
    4/12 confirmed

Need timezone for

Coccyx
    Kirbyxox
    AyeGill

Network Hub
    I can't help but think certain people are jumping the gun. For a start, we need to make sure everyone playing is completely new to the game; someone with even a bit of experience who's only played one game could unbalance everything. Also, when I briefly checked out the various game options corresponding to different player numbers, the one with 12 spaces said 'make a game that could last all year'. That seems a bit too much for me; the site writers played with 8 and that seemed to go on for long enough as it was - you could tell they were all mentally exhausted.

Edit: In the custom settings for the game that Napalm set-up all of the research costs are set to 'expensive'. What's wrong with the standard amount?
    Last edited by Coccyx; 03-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Obscure Node
    Oh I'll play and write, I'm GMT+1! I have no experience with the game though, so I might not be the sharpest player.. :D

Edit: Touché Coccyx, thanks for pointing that out. I withdraw my application to the 12-man game, but I'll gladly join an 8-man.
    Last edited by nerflek; 03-01-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Good points Coccyx,
    1/ I don't modify the settings, it's on Expensive because the game area is large and you have room to build science facilities.
    2/ Yeah we clearly can't play for a year, but making it 8 is not a solution. I mean everyone disserve to play, and even if 3 are kindly enough to wisdraw their participation, it doesn't sounds like a good solution. We can make it 12 players and build custom settings to fasten the game. I primarly choose Baxter Galaxy because it means long game and I thought it would be cool to write a big galactic saga with a lot of points of view and climax and everything, but obviously their will be deads before the end of the third week.
    3/ How can you check if someone is not a newbie ?

Network Hub
    We check by asking nicely. 12 players, 12 points of view - it's just too much. In an ideal world everyone could get involved. If enough people want to then I'm sure a second, separate game could be arranged. That's my view anyway, as I've already said I'll go with the majority.

Obscure Node

A-tennn-tion captain

GMT and ready to write!

Obscure Node
    A 12 player game can last up to a year, however you can adjust the settings allowing for faster gameplay. Making research less expensive is one option.

It looks like people continue to join, so here is my opinion : we wait for a few days and if 2 others join, we make a first 8-men game with volunteers and a second 6 or 8 game with everyone else. If nobody come, let's vote.

We also have to discuss map settings and diaries.

Obscure Node
    I am GMT+1.

And i wholeheartedly support the movement to start two games.

Agreed with the majority, let's go for two! Also, relinking the steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSNPG don't forget to join(kudos to AyeGill)! And I'm a total newb to this game if it's any comfort to you. :P

Obscure Node
    I would love to play, but I have a few #1 finishes under my belt, so playing against new players may not be fair/fun for all involved (not to say 2 players couldn't gang up early on and take me out). If you guys can't find all 12 I'll jump in, otherwise I'll leave it to new people who can write an first impression log.

Activated Node
    I'd be interested in playing, but I'm EST (I think that's GMT -5).

I add Pseudo310 to the list, can ilves play with us ?

Obscure Node
    Not sure. I'll give him a shot if everyone else is willing to.

Just make sure we all watch that bastard.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AyeGill View Post
    Not sure. I'll give him a shot if everyone else is willing to.

Just make sure we all watch that bastard.
    ha, if everyone gangs up on me I have no shot, 3 on 1 is pretty much guaranteed death early, 2 on 1 may or may not depending on the circumstance but its pretty dang tough. The game is mostly about alliances and mind games, early and even early mid game everyone is pretty balanced in strength.

Obscure Node
    I sure would like to play with you guys.

i'm not a good writer though and i would rather not write at all

my timezone is gmt +1

Network Hub
    Sorry Ilves, I still think it would mess the game up too much.