Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Is writing the diary an obligation in order to participate ?

Obscure Node
    Maybe having some people not writing would be okay; like Coccyx said, reading 12 different perspectives may be a bit much. I would, however, be totally fine with writing, if it all works out.

I'd much rather we're all nabs...No offense but this is serious advantage we're talking about, and it's not even one game he's done before.

I add Blapp21 to the list. Given that we are now 13, we will make 2 separate games.

I propose a regular 8 players game, 24 stars per player (medium game) with all default settings for the first game.

The second game can be a regular 8 players game or a 6 players version, on a smaller map (16 stars per player). Again, if more players join, we can extend it if a majority of participants agreed to.

For now I need 8 space conquistadors for Game #1 (feel free to apply) and comments about map settings.
    Last edited by CaptaiNapalm; 04-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Obscure Node
    Will both games be doing write ups? Aswell, are the groups going to be split time zone wise, or what?

Obscure Node
    Oh sweet, with two smaller games I'll happily join. And I would suggest splitting timezones equally unless there are enough to make a game with everyone in kind of the same zone, and maybe split up the games on diaries and non-diaries. I myself think it'd be fun to write (at least a log on major events), but I can go either way.

Obscure Node
    I am up for first game, will be writing, and live, again, in GMT+1, if it winds up mattering

^ What AyeGill said. GMT+2.

Well if we want to sort games by timezone and who is willing to write diaries, we are 8 between GMT/GTM+3. Maybe Coccyx is too.
    Last edited by CaptaiNapalm; 04-01-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Obscure Node
    I am still up for the first game, and willing to write!

Network Hub
    Separating a group that writes and a group that doesn't sounds like a good idea, while bearing in mind time-zones. This seems to be coming together! Now, how are we going to organise the diaries? It would be nice if Timepiece could post them weekly on his site - but then it would be easy for any one of us to cheat. That said, publishing them all in one massive lump might be a bit overwhelming and hence not get read very much, so how about we finish the game, writing out diaries, then they get put up on a weekly basis as if it had been while we were playing, a week between each post being an actual week in the game. Or something like that.

Obscure Node
    I assume by Timepiece you mean me? :-) In which case I'm happy to post anything whenever you guys feel! Though it might be a long time till this game is finished, perhaps lagging the entries to being a few weeks behind might be preferable?

Well, we could write teasers at the start of the game to be posted. Something like commenting on our position, cursing our neighbors, being cocky and all. And then after the finish, Timmeister starts posting the other batches.

Network Hub
    *so many new names to keep track of* Sorry Timmeister, I had a feeling I'd gotten it wrong. I don't see a problem with lagging the entries behind, sounds like a good compromise.

Activated Node
    im up for making up numbers in a game, if needed!

Okay here is the list of players in game#1 (GMT & Diaries) - COMPLETE

nerflex
    AyeGill
    Dragon Master
    CaptaiNapalm
    Swubb
    Coccyx
    Timmesteir
    Kirbyxox

Here are players for game #2 (various TMZ and no writing obligations)

Somewhat Okay Shepherd (PST)
    Sgt_Squid (PST)
    Pseudo 310 (EST)
    Blapp21 (GMT +1)
    Alix84 (GMT +3)

And players who can still join game #2

heliocentrix (TMZ?)
    hardboiled (TMZ ?)
    Last edited by CaptaiNapalm; 05-01-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Obscure Node
    Niftytastic, but what quality is expected on those diaries? As good as one is capable of?

Obscure Node
    I would like to apply for a game and i will write.

Obscure Node
    also i would like to apply for game #1

Network Hub
    I was thinking at least a couple of hundred words a week, and certainly within reason. no one's expecting you to spend hours a day perfecting your entries (though if you want to you're welcome to)