Activated Node

Strip Global Thermonuclear War

Yes, the title does not decieve your eyes. The alt-text of this xkcd comic asks us in reference to Wargames: "HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF STRIP GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WAR?". Which once upon a time gave me an idea to try playing that sometime, using Introversion's DEFCON as an environmentally-concious substitute for the real thermonuclear war. However, i've hit a bit of a snag once i started thinking about it: i can't seem to make up good stripping rules that would be in accordance with the game's scoring system. Maybe i'm just too lazy and not thinking hard enough, but i don't even really know where to start with it. So i thought to ask RPS people if they have any ideas about that.

For the uninitiated, there are three type of scoring in DEFCON: Default (+2 points for every million of enemy civilians killed, -1 for every million you lose), Genocide (+1 for every million killed, as the name implies), and Survivor (-1 for every million lost, score goes down from 100 to zero).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I'd say go with survivor, as the (sexy) score keeps going down, remove clothes. Amount of points necessary for each removal to be decided prior to match start in accordance to number of items being worn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Dare I ask what would be rewarded for nuking Santa on Christmas Eve?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I'd say go with survivor, as the (sexy) score keeps going down, remove clothes. Amount of points necessary for each removal to be decided prior to match start in accordance to number of items being worn.
    Hm... makes sense. That's a fairly good idea, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Dare I ask what would be rewarded for nuking Santa on Christmas Eve?
    The sexiest player puts on a Santa hat :P

I would suggest Drink Strip GTW would probably be best , using the survivor scoring mentioned above, but also drinking every time one of your cities is totally wiped out (or... subs or nuclear shooty things? been a long time since I played, not totally sure what is available to be killed).

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    What about a win lose/drink/strip version of missile command? Easy for non-gamers to play and still in the theme. Losing cities = drinking, losing game = article of clothing.

All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I suggest strip Nidhog, but I doubt that will ever be possible.