Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

So you bought a load of games - but have you PLAYED any of them? :)

As the Steam Sale ends, the anticipation dies down and the "Your Haul" thread grows exponentially - I'm willing to bet that most of us have bought games we've not even installed yet!

Perhaps you have a plan - you've already booked 2 weeks sick leave to play A Valley Without Wind perhaps? ;)

To those who've actually installed a played games - esp. those impulse purchases fuelled by this place's optimism and a lowered sense of worth (alcohol, drugs or just sale fever?) - which if your purchases have you actually played and how is it going??

Me?

Cave Story+ - oh I'd forgotten what a mean bastard of a game Cave Story can be BUT I'd also forgotten that it manages to be fun and teases you along at just the right level - so I'm almost done in the Sand Zone!!

YS: Origin - as well as putting a couple of hours into this I've also resurrected my PSP for Oath in Felghana fun-and-games. So far both are going well with the PSP game proving much much more vicious (but offering easier difficulty in those boss encounters!!)

Shoot Many Robots - I've shot many - sadly rather too many of the same ones and it's getting a wee bit wearing - easily gotten my 2's worth tho...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I picked up a couple of the games (A Valley Without Wind, E.Y.E and Metro2033). I'm hoping to get onto them when I burn out on strategy games. Should keep me busy up til Christmas.

I played Dear Esther, which I didn't like, and Rock of Ages, which I didn't much like, and Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light in co-op, which was okay. The rest I haven't played, because I'm having way too much fun with Just Cause 2, which I bought a while ago on Amazon.

I've actually been playing the games I've bought. And those I haven't played I've installed.

I'm about to finish the Sam & Max season 3 and I'm getting along with Driver: San Francisco. It was a personal goal of mine to play the games I've bought.
    Oh. And I finished Dear Esther.
    Last edited by Tikey; 23-07-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I found myself bouncing off of Ass, Ass Revelation, but after grinding through the way-too-structured stuff and finding the game, I started to really get into it.

I also beat From Dust and got a medium sized chunk of the way into Orcs Must Die.

Looking forward to Jagged Alliance or Saints Row 3 next. And probably Driver SF with a buddy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I beat RF: Armageddon and CoD:BLOPS. Currently I am going through Jade Empire (bought it many years ago), and I'll probably do JA:BIA or a 4x game later/concurrently.

For me, the point of sales is to grab the games that seem interesting. Maybe I am not in the mood right now, but I know I will be eventually and the price seems reasonable enough that I don't mind never playing it. Sure there are a few titles (like BLOPS) where I know I will play it instantly, and those tolerate higher prices. Otherwise, it is hard for me to justify paying more than 5 bucks for a game in a sale.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sure, 75 percent into RF armageddon, 10 hours into driver SF, 10 hours of RO2, finished portal 2 coop with a friend, and about 2 hours of trine 2 coop. Also played la noire for 2 hours but that game was a complete waste of money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I would have tried them all by now if I hadn't gotten thoroughly sucked into Orcs Must Die, and (especially) Thi3f. But those, at least, have been well-played.

(Stacking is installed on my desktop now, ready to be played by me and Mrs. Berzee for FAMILYFUN).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Driver San Francisco: Crappy UPlay, but the game is ridiculously fun. Specially the dialogue when taking over random cars ("I shouldn't have allowed you to marry my sister" "Why? Did you fancy her yourself?").

The Binding of Isaac post DLC: Fuck those new levels, man. Fuck them to hell. So I guess they've done a good job.

Ys Origins: Oh hell yes, I feel so epic when I finally beat a boss. Made me buy and install Felghana, too.

Legend of Grimrock: Made it to level 5 so far, taking it easy and slow, but so far, very enjoyable, and quite unforgiving.

Qube: Nice game, good pacing, but so ridiculously short. Steam marks my time at around 3 hours, but that's because I left the game idling while taking a shower and going to a nearby store to buy some snacks. Real time would be 2 hours. SO. CRIMINALLY. SHORT.

Vessel: Really good puzzle platformer. Made it to the Orchard, but it's on hiatus right now because a wild Driver San Francisco has showed up. Will return to it, though, it's REALLY good.

Beyond Good And Evil: This one needs no introduction, I suppose. One of the few games I know of with good and charismatic spanish dubs. Fuck Pey'j, I want Cerdi.

Lone Survivor: Just bought it and started it yesterday night, didn't play much, but it looks quite interesting; this is a game that might actually manage to scare me, I have high hopes for it.

well, I got Burnout Paradise

and I intend to play it as soon as steam stops saying 'cannot contact key server'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Yeah I've been playing a few: HAWX (not as bad as I was expecting), Wings of Prey, Magicka, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Take On Helicopters, Payday: The Heist, Cargo!, Riven... That's all so far, I don't have many more from the sale but I do have many, many more in my library.

I think I need motivation to try and complete as many of these games as I can, so I want to shamelessly rip off a few other guys (at least one of whom is a poster here) and start my own backlog-clearing game review blog. As it is I just play endless games like Arma II, Killing Floor, BF3 and various racing sims all the time and none of the games with stories and all that good stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Driver San Francisco: Crappy UPlay, but the game is ridiculously fun. Specially the dialogue when taking over random cars ("I shouldn't have allowed you to marry my sister" "Why? Did you fancy her yourself?").
    Driver SF is my personal suprise hit. The Singleplayer is fun but the Multiplayer is simply awesome. The shift mechanic is revolutionary and makes it really tight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Ys Origins: Oh hell yes, I feel so epic when I finally beat a boss. Made me buy and install Felghana, too.
    I'd be interested in your 10p - I've managed OK with Origins thusfar (just 2 hours in) but by the same time in the PSP Felghana game I'd smashed headlong into 2 of the harder bosses I've ever seen.

In the PSP game, you get to lower the difficulty for boss fights (but not the rest of the game) - but when a fight takes 2-3 mins and requires precision reactions/jumping you NEED that sort of help.

An idea of how bad Ellefall (2nd) and Guilan (Fire Worm - 4th) are on the PC would be interesting when you get that far :)

Well I've only played one so far but I like to play things one at a time, the others will have their chance one day.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Network Hub
    I bought 5 games and have finished 2 of them.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was a hunk of shit.

Max Payne 3 was pretty lousy.

Fallout: New Vegas didn't wow me in its first 20 minutes but I'll give it a proper go.

The Walking Dead is pretty good so far and I'll get back into it this week.

Driver San Francisco looks like some stupid fun but I've only played for 5 minutes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'd be interested in your 10p - I've managed OK with Origins thusfar (just 2 hours in) but by the same time in the PSP Felghana game I'd smashed headlong into 2 of the harder bosses I've ever seen.
    I'm leaving on vacation this wednesday, so odds are I won't start Felghana until I return. However, from what I've read around the intartubes, while Ys Origin is hard, Felghana is, by far, the hardest of all the Ys games. So yeah I'm kinda expecting Felghana to hand me over my ass in a silver platter, over and over and over again.

Network Hub
    Nope!
    But I did play a previously untouched game from my backlog, Shadowgrounds: Survivor. I kinda liked the first game, at least enough to complete it, but after five or six levels I'm not so sure about this one. Feels like one step forward, two steps back.

Network Hub
    The only one I've put much time in to so far is The Walking Dead, which is ok for an interactive story and quicktime experience, though it's running critically low on actual game.

Haven't touched the others because I'm trying to make myself finish the games, rather than play all of them for 40 minutes then move on to the next. I think Orcs Must Die might be next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    Fallout: New Vegas didn't wow me in its first 20 minutes but I'll give it a proper go.
    Give it a go - it's excellent.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Played and finished. A delightful little romp back into the world of Alan Wake. Not very long but that also meant that it didn't outstay it's welcome.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - Lovely "old-school" shooter. So fast, so fun. I love it. Probably played about a third of the singleplayer game.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Played and finished. Never played this series back in the day. I thought it was very fun, though the story was so-so and it was a quicksave/quickload spamfest.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Damn, the graphics in this game are incredible when compared to the first game. Not unsurprising since this was released quite a few years later. I have just played the first mission as of yet, but it seems really good.

Fable: The Lost Chapters - Just finished the guild training in the beginning. Had this on the original Xbox a few years back but never got very far. I'm interesting in giving it another go. This time I think I'll aim to be deliciously evil!

Haven't touched the other games yet...