Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Blackreach is visited during the main quest. You go through a big Dwemer ruin to get there but the result is well, well worth seeing.

Make sure you Fus Ro Dah the ball! You'll know what I mean when you get there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I'm thinking I might 'allow' myself ME3 simply because I've been replaying ME1 and (absurd inventory system aside) been enjoying the heck out of it playing through as a default paragon (if slightly racist) male shep (I have about 3 fem sheps through ME1 and 1 through ME2 as well) and I figure if I wait to Christmas I'll probably miss out on the Multi-player aspects (plus avoiding spoilers is going to be hard given the size of the title). I've been good so far in that I've skipped Dear Ester, Syndicate, Alan Wake & Reckoning which I'd of otherwise purchased. Still weighing it up though. On an unrelated note I cleared Limbo off my to finish list, though tbh up until this weekend I've been too busy with other things to put much time into games.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Activated Node
    I finished Cave Story+ today. The game was good, although not as good as the internet made me believe it was. The end boss was terrible, the worst kind of boss fight in my opinion: the one with more than one stage were you have to start from stage 1 if you fail.

I played the first five levels of Anomaly: Warzone Earth and found it pretty boring. Does anyone here knows if it gets better later on? Or is just more of the same? If it is just more of the same I'm considering abandoning this game.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Did you ever play the 3D Bionic Commando reboot? It was actually about as badass as you'd think having a super robot arm with a grappling hjook would be. I didn't even realize that Commando Rearmed was out on PC, what did you hate about it? The original is one of my favorite games on NES and I hear the remake stayed pretty true to it.
    I haven't played the 3D reboot yet. I'll check a few gameplay videos and see if it is something I might like or not. :) About Rearmed, I played the original on NES when I was a child and remember liking it, but the remake doesn't live up to my memories. The game seemed too slow and the platforming and combat weren't compelling.
    Last edited by allanschnorr; 28-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Yeah the Cave Story end boss is terrible. It's where I gave up last time, in fact. Largely because coming late to the party I'd set myself up for actually completing the full game with the tough end section which apparantly has some extra boss so having fucked up the final boss I didn't feel like it was worth plugging away to face the proper finaly boss, it just seemed beyond my abilities!

Just how long is Cave Story? I'm looking for short games in my Steam library to reduce my backlog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Just how long is Cave Story? I'm looking for short games in my Steam library to reduce my backlog.
    Depends on how good you are at 2D platformers.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allanschnorr View Post
    I played the first five levels of Anomaly: Warzone Earth and found it pretty boring. Does anyone here knows if it gets better later on? Or is just more of the same? If it is just more of the same I'm considering abandoning this game.
    I played through (I think) the first 2 cities, and didn't think much of it either. I don't remember anything interesting coming in to play as it goes on... I still plan on going back to it and giving it another shot eventually.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Cave Story isn't particularly long but it has some very nasty bosses which can turn out to be real roadblocks. Most people give up around Monster X.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    It took me around 8 hours.

Finished Dawn of War II last night. Really great game! I'm considering jumping straight into Chaos Rising and continuing my adventures as the Force Commander.

I've also been toying with the thought of finally starting Baldur's Gate II, although I know that will take ages to complete...

I've been having issues getting into gaming lately... having recently found chess.com. Yes, I know... not a traditional video game, but I'm playing on electronic platforms, that's gotta count for something, right?

Lately... I keep getting stuck in all my video games that I'm playing, which is making me sad. Even Darksiders got me stuck on Tiamat... which is mainly due to the fact that I suck at the controller... but that's not the point. I think I even figured out how to defeat her, it's just... I can't seem to coordinate that well (and I'm on Easy for pity's sake... it's making me sad).

So with all the failure lately... I've decided to stop doing it and I went and started playing chess again, which I have a much higher non-fail rate at. Plus, on top of all that, it looks like I'm going to be ridiculously busy for the next year and a half with school/assistantship etc (except for the summer, when I have no idea what I'm going to do.. work at Walmart? Gah, I hate my life sometimes). So yeah, my point is... not sure how much game time I'm going to have soon... may have to dial it down and really just focus on one game. Which, at this point, would probably be Starcraft 2 or chess. ;)

Super sad, right?

I will say though, that I've been playing Realm of the Mad God lately... which is fun, I suppose, but I've just been unlocking all the classes (one more class to 20 will finish that goal) before I decide which class I'm going to attempt to max out for fun. ;)

Activated Node
    I finished Assassins Creed Brotherhood this week, great game, almost as good as Assassins Creed II. I really liked the possibility of recruiting new assassins and send them out on missions to gain xp and money. I spent a lot of time doing that. I also played a little of Greed Corp and I'm considering moving it to the "won't finish" list. I played 7-8 missions and it seems to be always the same, a simple strategy game with limited possibilities, not my thing.

I'm currently playing LA Noire and I'm enjoying it a lot. I was expecting an average game at best considering what I read around the internet, but I'm glad this is not true. Great game.

22: Binding of Isaac
    23: Serious Sam HD: First Encounter

I think I'm now at 33% completion. Hot damn, only took two and a bit months. Have put GTA3 on the backburner for now as it was just pissing me off, though I'll try and do it next weekend. Hard Reset is an interesting mix of good design and terrible combination of design. Was pleased with Isaac though, I thought it was going to be genuinely dreadful at first but it turned out to be an incredibly compulsive 30-40 minuter that you just want to keep replaying.

Activated Node
    Is back on track with The Witcher 2. Chapter 2 now, or three, depending on if you count the prologue. Great game, even though I hate the combat system. Too much rolling, and you loose energy too quickly.

24: Hard Reset
    25: Cogs

It was a bit of a shame that Hard Reset just ends so anticlimatically, and probably has the worst cutscenes ever, it had such promise at the start. Cogs filled some time that I probably could have used better. Foolishly though I have bought The Sims 3.

I've not gotten much done with the backlog this week as I've been writing a fairly lengthy research paper. But the good news is that it's over and done and I never have to read Death on the Nile again! Now if only I could remember just what the hell I was doing in The Witcher...

And Jiiiiim, The Sims 3? Fairwell to progress! :)
    Game Library Completion: 174/223 - 78.03%

I've been buying some games, but at least I'm finishing them. I beat Serious Sam 3 in coop. It was a blast but those kleer can go to hell.

I took a break from the backlog yesterday to create a new region in SimCity 4. 3 hours later, and 3 small but effective cities were up and running. Love that game!

So, I've been reading this thread since it started, even posted once or twice too..

But it's been floating around my head ever since..
    Clearing the backlog of unfinished games.

I'll admit it.. the idea got me thinking. I currently have 191 titles on Steam, not including DLCs, Demos etc.
    I've cleared less than half.. and that's being generous.

So, I decided to finally bite the bullet and jump on the Backlog-clearing bandwagon. :)

First title to clear was S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Call of Pripyat.
    The game had been in my library for a couple of years after purchasing the double pack in a sale to replace my long-lost retail copy.

Right after that, I (finally) cleared the Space Marine campaign, as the rather repetitive one-button-hack-n-slash combat proved too much to bear the first time around.
    Honestly, the story ain't half bad. Pretty damn happy that I finally powered through and saw the ending, actually. :)

Saints Row: The Third including all DLCs apart from the new vampire one also cleared (in co-op with a brother no less)
    Honestly.. techincally FAR superior to the PC Port of SR2, but not quite as good a game. The story is utterly insane, but i kinda liked some of the deeper parts of SR2. Matey chained to that car, for example.

I hope to soon be adding Fallout: New Vegas, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Inc DLC), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Portal 2 and Far Cry 2 to that list. Couple weeks-ish i reckon.
    :)

Fuck yeah, Axyl. Welcome to the party.

I myself am nearly finished playthroughs of Cogs, Fallout, and Just Cause 2 (all on separate machines), but EU3 keeps asking me to stop by and hang out for a bit; my poor, neglected nation.
    Game Library Completion: 174/223 - 78.03%