Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    That reminded me, I should perhaps some day finish the JC2 campaign. I think the next Agency mission is the last, but whenever I start the game I get completely distracted by, well, everything, and just hijack another passenger jet to be flown into an oilrig.

Hooray, I'm inspiring!

Agency Mission 6 and 7 are bundled together but they're the last two.

Can't play my JC2 because Windows XP...

I am back in New Vegas, Lovely game, but too empty, feels even more empty after spending 100+ hours in Skyrim. Any good graphic mod to fix this ?

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread, so an update is in order:

Finished games

June:

Limbo - Interesting, but a lot of trial and error in this one.Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP - Lovely music, interesting art style. Weird story and game. Overall a positive experience, although very weird. Never would have bought it if it didn't come in the Humble Indie Bundle.

July:
    Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
    - Had a little C&C binge earlier this month. Played through the Nod campaign of this old expansion. It was good, but Tiberian Sun and it's expansion is excruciatingly slow compared to newer RTS games. Gathering of resources is real slow, units and buildings are real expensive and take forever to build. Fun to see the old cheesy FMVs but I can't help to think that a lot of the C&C campiness and charm is always looked at with rose-tinted glasses. When you actually see them again, they are never as good as you thought they were.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - A lovely little continuation of the Alan Wake franchise. You may be irritated by the repetitive nature of this one, but it's short and the combat feels quite good. In my opinion, the story worked well, even though the TV-sequences were you watched Mr Scratch kill people and act all crazy could drag out a little. It was nice to see his character, but you kind of knew what he would be up to every time you clicked on that TV.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    - Never played these games before. Sure, this one is old and it shows, but it was quite a good stealth game. They story was kinda meh, and the graphics were quite dated, but it was still very playable.

Vessel - Oh my god I love this game! So freakishly addicting! I finished it in two days, immediately restarted it and played it through another time within the same day, this time getting all the bonuses. I would love to see a continuation of this game, being either DLC, expansion or an outright sequel. Just give me more rooms and puzzles to solve damnit! :D

I'm currently playing a little bit of Fable - The Lost Chapters and Fallout: New Vegas. I think I might give New Vegas a real playthrough this time.

Another couple polished off this week, though the Olympics have been cruelly denying me any time to play games the last few days.

48: Dead Space - much better than I first thought
    49: Sam and Max Season 2 - 11 episodes down, five to go _

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    It's good to see that other people are still doing this... not only did I break down during the Summer Sale and add to my backlog, I've not been gaming for the past couple of weeks due to family stuff + Olympics + a sudden desire to watch all six seasons of Numb3rs.

I'm hoping to get into some games soon... but school is also rushing towards me quickly as well. Three weeks from tomorrow I get started again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I gave up on dead space early on, found the slow turn speed combined with the 'look behind you!' jump-scares a bit exhausting after a while. I probably ought to revisit it on easy, as I didn't care much for the combat, but the world design and environment was pretty good. I like your comparison to bioshock, too, I think its apt, and not one I'd thought of before.

The sound is what makes me want to go back. With a good 5.1 surround system, it's probably the best sounding game I've ever played, all metallic clinks, drips and hisses around you as you navigate the ship. Damn, I'm going to have to play this, aren't I?
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 06-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

I think I'm almost through my New Vegas playthrough. I'm level 36, more than halfway through Old World Blues (which is absolutely fantastic), and done both Honest Hearts and Dead Money. And in the Mojave Wasteland, my next goal is to make my move against/with Mr. House.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Dead Space indeed has incredible sound design. It's a shame that the game itself is so one-note, especially once you realize that your starting weapon is by far the best one in the game.

It is good but it's also fun to use and you use it differently to most shooters, aiming for limbs rather than heads. So even if you only use the plasma cutter I think that's enough novelty. However I couldn't resist the buzzsaw. So fun.

Continuing the "Jim has no taste" series this week.

50: London 2012 the Official Video Game
    51: Crusader Kings 2

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nice review of just cause 2!

Thanks!

10char

Necroooooooo!

It's half-term so I boxed another couple off. I am so close to finishing the Telltale Everything Pack. I can taste sweet victory.

Bone, Jolly Rover and Puzzle Agent 2
    Torchlight 2

I'm not going to finish them this year but I'm going to get close!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been mostly doing backlogged games this year because of economics, and I've determined that I will never finish the paradox pack from gamers gate. Also, due to my desire to never lose a unit, kings bounty games are taking me about 110 hours each to complete. Man I was pissed when I lost all those guys to the turtle boss.

7 years of World of Warcraft is to blame for most of my backlog but now I've finally jumped off the MMO train so I have time for those games again. A week ago I finished Deus Ex: HR which I found absolutely compelling and couldn't stop playing once I got started. Before that I finished the Witcher 1 which I bought almost 2 years ago and before that Alan Wake. Recently started playing Max Payne 1 and 2 again for the XXth time and just got myself XCOM which could also be a time killer. The games that sit horribly un-played (which I feel guilty for) are Crusader Kings 2 and Hearts of Iron 3. They take so much effort to get going that I usually stare at their icon, mouse cursor hovering above the Play-button, until I decide to play something else instead.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Guild Wars 2 is destroying my gaming time... not to mention all the time I've been spending playing Dominion (the card game) online with my brother in law. ;P

If half-term has shown me anything it's that if I didn't have to do any work I could finish this list, easy. As it is, I'm up to 57 of 76.

Tried something different with 57: Dota 2

This is a great idea. I also have quite a few games bought on XMas sales that I never really played...

Hurricane Sandy is nearly upon us folk in the NE part of the States, and I've got a fully charged laptop with UPS standing by to play through the MDKs and several other Gog.com titles on my backlog. Bring on the rain.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%