Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Added my full list. It's a long list, but I thought I'd throw it all up there so we have a better chance of finding titles that cross-over a lot of our lists. Grey are games that are in my backlog but can't run on this netbook, so I'll be putting them off until October or November most likely.

I also did some formatting and such, because I spend too much time at work playing around with spreadsheets and couldn't help myself.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    I also did some formatting and such, because I spend too much time at work playing around with spreadsheets and couldn't help myself.
    Considering I spent the better part of 5 minutes drawing that up, I'm frankly outraged.

Sarcasm? I surely hope so, because I would hate to step on any toes.
    I like what you've done since I played around with it - with our powers combined we are Captain Ensemble.

Anyway, it's late, I should be in bed. Hopefully we've got some more lists to compare with once I crawl out of bed tomorrow morning (afternoon?).

Quote Originally Posted by tailswallower
    Sarcasm? I surely hope so, because I would hate to step on any toes.
    I was hoping that it would shine through, but this forum has yet to implement the sarcastic font...

I filled in the rest of my list based off yours. Titles I've crossed out are the ones ones I've finished. I'm not going to outright veto anything, but I think there are obviously some games that don't really fit within the purposes of this endeavor:
    -Minecraft is simply a sandbox
    -Super Meat Boy starts out hard, and then really hits a wall in terms of difficulty (as do BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Revenge of the Titans)
    -Dungeons of Dredmor and The Binding of Isaac do have an end, but they're both very arcadey in that they're intended to be replayed with different configurations of skills
    -Sword of the Stars is very multiplayer focused, and we already have a community effort for that.
    -Personally, I have a really hard time finishing those indie puzzle games that get thrown in every bundle... I've bounced off Osmos, Braid, and *sigh* And Yet It Moves (I hate that game, right down to its very title)

Network Hub
    I've put the games that overlap with my backlog. I'll try to put the rest in tomorrow.
    I could have put in more in there but some of them don't make much sense to me.
    BIT.TRIP BEAT and RUNNER, Cogs are games that I play from time to time to kill like 0,5-1h or to just relax. I don't see how we could play to finish them.
    Similarly I run Super Meat Boy when I feel like playing it, cause playing it while trying to finish it would frustrate me too much.
    DEFCON is not a game you can actually complete. It's a multiplayer strategy so I'd be better to just look for some people willing to play it. (I'd certainly be up for some nuclear apocalypse ;))
    And Yet It Moves - Oh my God THIS GAME ! I can't describe why I don't like it. It's very weird.

I'll add more stuff to the list tomorrow, cause it's really late and I can't focus anymore.

sabrage - Veto away. You and Pirate make good points, so I'm happy to go and remove those titles from the list. I just put the whole list up there to encourage discussion.

Pirate - For indie and older MP titles it can be hard to find people to play with, so that's why I put a couple of MP titles in the list too. But yeah, SotS might be a bit too full-on for our purposes.

So I went through and hid some lines instead of outright deleting them. There's already a few common titles between the three of us, so that's cool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    There's no way I'm typing out all my unplayed games again but I filled in a few.

Network Hub
    I've added some games. I've also greyed out the ones that I have either played a lot but never finished or finished but still plan to complete them (achievements, higher difficulties etc.). They're more of a backup thing.

Kelron
    , of course we can't put all of them there ;) I can't even remember which ones I wanted to finish like a year ago.

P.S. I skipped Half Life 2 and Episodes cause I might be the last person on Earth who never played them :P

I like this. I'm going to try to finish Gemini Rue in the next week also. It appears that my auto-save from my first try at it two months ago has been corrupted (loading it crashes the game) but I was only an hour into it anyway.

I see you all have Jagged Alliance 2 on your lists. That would be a sweet choice, I have way too much GOG stuff in my backlog, JA2 is top of that pile but I just never get around to starting on it ahead of recent purchases. Big game to tackle, but it'd be good to feel I'd at least made some progress into it over a month.

Also: Amnesia: The Dark Descent. This scratches and moans in the dark attic of all our backlogs like the ugly step-child we'd prefer to forget about but we know we'll need to let out one day. Some peer pressure and the knowledge that others are manning up to it at the same time might be the only way most of us ever finish Amnesia. Or even get the bugger started. I loved this Amnesia Support Group write-up from Gaming Daily last year, made me want to start a group Mumble server where people can go while they play it to laugh at each other's panic attacks and creative swearing and not feel so alone in the dark.

I went through and highlighted in Green the games that a number (>half) of us have, and red the ones that don't seem like a good fit. Hiding them just makes it confusing in my opinion. Ideally, we'll pick a game that a) none of us have beaten and b) all of us can play, but I guess that remains to be seen.

I'd be up for this. Not sure how much time I have to put towards it, but I'll jot some stuff down. Most of what I'm putting down is stuff that I've had installed for ages and haven't done anything with, so that comes first for me (Need moar hard drive space).

Ok, I lied. I threw on any matching games that I had, and then most of the installed ones I have.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Ideally, we'll pick a game that a) none of us have beaten and b) all of us can play, but I guess that remains to be seen.
    All we can do is try. Also, there's a good chance we'll pick up more people as we go along - if we have the name of the game of the month in the new thread title, then different people who are interested in that title might jump on board. So I imagine it might get more complicated, but also I think the discussions will be livelier and more interesting the more people we have involved.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I added myself to the list and will attempt to beat Gemini Rue this weekend. Point and click games aren't my favorite... but I need to beat it to get it out of my list and I have heard only good things about this particular one. Maybe I'll enjoy it as I get a bit more into it, eh?

So yes, I totally want to join in and do this too! Count me in!

I'll add myself to the list, but I'll only fill in the ones already put in. Adding more would be a disaster.

As a side note, I did always want to play some Red Faction Guerrilla but the community has been ruined by GFWL.

Quote Originally Posted by siegarettes View Post
    I'll add myself to the list, but I'll only fill in the ones already put in. Adding more would be a disaster.
    Well, I don't know how to sort the columns while still retaining the formatting, but even an Excel Luddite like me can insert a new row and add more games that way. Feel free to put whatever you want up; I don't think I have nearly half my unplayed games on that list, so there's a decent chance I need to play it to.

I'm already part way through Gemini Rue, and I should definitely finish it before I forget about it. Count me in! I added myself to the spreadsheet. I didn't add a couple of games because they weren't so simple as yes or no for me.

Fallout 1+2. I've beaten them both multiple times, but I'm actually part way through a new playthrough of Fallout 2 with some mods. Fallout 1 I beat again maybe six months ago, and I'm not interested in playing it again so soon.

Super Meat Boy I have, but I do not ever want to play that game again.

Terraria I added, but, well, I don't really know what you'd consider having beaten it. I guess beating all the hardmode bosses would do, but that can take some serious hours. I've already put 100+ hours into the game (most before 1.1 update and across 3 characters). However, I'd be glad to play it with other folks.

Dungeons of Dredmor also has a difficult to reach endgame, but I'd be more than happy to give it a good shot for a month and share some stories.

Fallout: New Vegas and Cave Story+ I've beaten, but I could probably play them again if they don't come up right away.

I added Doom 1+2 to the list. Been meaning to knock those out and I figure using the Skulltag sourceport we can set up co op games relatively painlessly.

You are all welcome to add me on Steam and join my Backlog group as well if you'd like. Might help for future co op games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    P.S. I skipped Half Life 2 and Episodes cause I might be the last person on Earth who never played them :P
    I'd join you on the crusade, as due to strange circumstances I have never completed HL2 or Episode 2. Somehow managed to finish Episode 1 though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by siegarettes View Post
    I'd join you on the crusade, as due to strange circumstances I have never completed HL2 or Episode 2. Somehow managed to finish Episode 1 though.
    Hate driving?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/