Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hate driving?
    Ha! No I haven't even touched it really. Its more that do to the length of the games and the multiple pc crashes, moves, and only being able to buy my own games relatively recently I have had to start HL2 over at least 3 times. This is before Steam Cloud support for it as well.

I started Gemini Rue, hoping to finish this month. I also added Sleep is Death to the games list for next month. Been meaning to play that but so far haven't been able to get anyone to play with.

I finished this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Which is high praise as I really don't get on with point-and-clickers generally, I've never got more than half an hour into others before the frustrations of the format drove me away. It was very much the atmosphere and mood that kept me playing it. Yes all of its tropes, including some of the music, are ripped straight from Blade Runner but it's very well done and it's an affectionate and knowing tribute. And I love Blade Runner so much that if the same mood is well executed then it can't fail to push my buttons. So much so that I had dreams about the game afterwards. And I loved the retro graphics style which made the mood more immersive and effective the further I got into it.

Some things to know if you haven't played it yet:

- As recommended in the OP, turn Combat to 'Easy'. The shooty bits are rubbish - a ball-aching bore and best gotten over with quickly. Thankfully they are few.
    - I only found out halfway through that there's a launcher in the game folder where you can change graphics settings. This lets you increase the resolution a bit and also play it windowed. Also solves a common problem with half the screen failing to redraw in some locations, I had to switch from Direct3D to DirectDraw in the options to fix this.
    - I had to disable Steam Cloud as it twice failed to restore my saved games after restarting. May not be game specific but I've not had that problem with Steam Cloud until now.
    - I couldn't use the Steam Overlay or Alt-Tab out without getting a problem with runaway mouse click speed that made the game unplayable. Solved by running it windowed.

Finally on the plot and game ending, I was surprised and a bit disappointed that the game POSSIBLE SPOILER didn't have any multiple endings or even any plot branches to speak of. Which felt like let down and a big missed opportunity given the memory wipe and multiple identities theme. (end)
    Last edited by Colonel J; 27-01-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: start making sense