Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

There you go, just let me know if you want me to send it to you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post

Can you blag any more of these?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I think they should have added more progression in the technology you can unlock. There are a lot of science projects but you spend a long time with the starting weapons, a long time with the best weapons available and too little time with everything in-between. Same thing with aliens, really, you end-up fighting the starting ones and the best ones longer than anything else.
    Do you see them adding this sort of thing to the game with DLC perhaps? Or does it feel self contained?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Do you see them adding this sort of thing to the game with DLC perhaps? Or does it feel self contained?
    DLC could be done but I doubt this would be the area they'd touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Can you blag any more of these?

Nah, I just got the one with the presskit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Want. It's a lovely piece of design.

I recall in the original XCOM the alien forces would escalate in strength at least partially in response to your own technical development. Like, when you research Heavy Plasma the game shifts the sort of aliens you'll encounter in missions to the tougher sort. Is it possible this sort of thing is happening here? Did you have a sense that the weaker enemy types started drying up about when you started fielding the later weapons?

I'm wondering if I paused weapon research when I get kitted out with lasers whether the alien midgame enemies would hang around for longer.

That does seem to be the case in Normal at least (And in Classic I suppose as I got laser much earlier during my Classic failure) at the moment I'm a few months further and have the skeleton armour (For my sniper) and "Personal" armour (Avoiding spoilers as much as I can) with laser weapons, and just started facing some early-mid aliens.

Can't really say for sure with Classic difficulty as I failed miserably at it (Despite being an Xcom vet).

The only thing I'm unsure about so far is that panic levels seem to rise a bit *too* dramatically at times (For those who've played, I've just beat a Sectoid Commander for the first time, whether they can verify it slows down after this point?)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Want. It's a lovely piece of design.

I recall in the original XCOM the alien forces would escalate in strength at least partially in response to your own technical development. Like, when you research Heavy Plasma the game shifts the sort of aliens you'll encounter in missions to the tougher sort. Is it possible this sort of thing is happening here? Did you have a sense that the weaker enemy types started drying up about when you started fielding the later weapons?

I'm wondering if I paused weapon research when I get kitted out with lasers whether the alien midgame enemies would hang around for longer.
    Hard to say really because I didn't upgrade all my stuff at the same time, the Snipers always had the best weapon available for them but my main Assault and Heavy guys kept their starting stuff for a while. Seemed to me that the stronger aliens were introduced as you advanced the plot, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    The only thing I'm unsure about so far is that panic levels seem to rise a bit *too* dramatically at times (For those who've played, I've just beat a Sectoid Commander for the first time, whether they can verify it slows down after this point?)
    Get satellite coverage fast and everywhere. It really should be you priority at the start of the game.

Also I don't know where you're at in the plot, but some story mission reduce panic on the whole planet by a nice amount (wish I had known that beforehand since I ignored one of these missions for a long time).
    Last edited by Choca; 09-10-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Just to throw this one here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._video_assets/

Its seems there's a 1080p videos included in the movie folder but the game use the 720p as default.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I'm now regretting ignoring the story quests for like 3 months...

To be fair, I didn't so much ignore it, as have terrible luck. It's the second of the 'capure this specimen alive' quests and every time I tried to capture the alien in question the AI would basically commit suicide, running in front of a overwatched unit. One time I tried to use the 'Flush Out' Assault ability, to make the Arc shot easier, and even that ended up killing the bloody thing. The enemy in question actually only appears in UFO quests, too, which didn't help matters, a couple of times I'd forgotten to take the Arc pistol with me and and another time my designated Arc carrier got killed.

The upshot is, I've completely lost Asia except for Australia, which I'm probably going to lose shortly, but managed to keep almost everywhere else calm. Considering I'm playing on Normal I doubt this will be too much of a problem as I've got all the Plasma Weapons, and decent armours.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Like. Should I PM you with details on how to conclude this business?

(also, I love Sherlock)
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Like. Should I PM you with details on how to conclude this business?

(also, I love Sherlock)
    PM me your info and I'll send you that this week.

I only 66% love Sherlock, Episode 2 is always so weak compared to the others in both seasons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I caved and bought XCOM. Already bought Dishonored this week, but ...well I'm greedy.
    Good thing I have Dishonored, too, because Steam won't have XCOM ready to play for another six hours. Too bad it didn't append to the demo.

edit- and now I realize how truly greedy I am- impatient to wait six hours when most RPSers are waiting until Friday.

I was too impatient to wait till Friday, so I ignored digital waters with my VPN ship.

At least it's fully out tomorrow so that other UK RPS'ers can join the fun :)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

And received. Thanks a lot!

xcom-badge.jpg
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    What's that from?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Thats to geeky :D

No it isnt. FLCL, or "furi kuri" or "fooly cooly". wonderful anime series made by the Neon Genesis Evangelion people, almost immediately after they made NGE, as a sortof parody on it and anime in general. only six episodes, and only 2 manga, its wonderful. Its the reason I got my Vespa 50s.
    - Tom De Roeck.

What's the motto on that badge? It's Latin for 'I watch, I trust'?

A bug when using suppression led to this unit firing colourful balloons from his rifle.

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

It shoots an unknown type of alien plasma :)