Fortune Summoners boring?

I loved the screenshots, so I installed the demo of Fortune Summoners right away
    http://www.carpefulgur.com/fs/

It might be because I'm tired, but I see only things I don't like.

A young, innocent and naive girl (again), bad writing, bad typography, the main character doesn't walk but slides, boring start...

No way I would spend 25 USD on this.

Any counter opinions?
    Last edited by Revisor; 06-01-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Game with some good ideas, but the whole being a tiny girl thing is just... it irks me.
    I could handle it in Recettear to some degree because I found the writing funny, and in Chantelise despite being something of an early teen, you're not tiny. But in Fortune Summoners, it's all so... so... loli, too much for me to be able to play.

What I did manage to play in the demo did seem rather boring, and the fact that it's not an open single map, but is divided in "rooms" did not sit well with me.

Personally I doubt I'll ever buy it, even during a sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I just finished the demo and ended up liking it a very lot! I do think I would pay $25 for it, if I wasn't making an attempt to at least slow the bleeding-away of moneys into increasing amounts of unbeaten games.

I was going to say that I want to beat STALKER before I buy anything else, but the two aren't...exactly...comparable. =P

Anyhow, maybe because it's been a while since Recettear, I was willing to accept the style and characters; I especially liked how the prologue goes quite slow and actually gives you the kind of situations you would expect to find a tiny girl in...alongside the standard "why is a tiny girl killing skeletons?" situations. Things like running errands and being home on time -- they made them last beyond the tutorial, and I think that's quite fun. =)

Combat is kind of frustrating sometimes with being juggled around, but I was happy letting my friend do most of the work. Still undecided; any other opinions? (Did I miss a longer thread about this? I couldn't find one).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

The game is finally out and - goddammit - looking at the screenshots I'm going to give it another chance. :)
    Maybe I just had a bad evening.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FSSES/f...lemental-stone

I've found the responsiveness of your character really horrible, even after learning the combo attacks and sidesteps I still found it like controlling a frankenstein on a AAA battery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    And the simile of the day award goes to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    like controlling a frankenstein on a AAA battery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Simile of the *week* at very least! I will attempt to find a way to use it in real life.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Obscure Node
    I was willing to accept the style and characters