• No, let's not use ACRE

4 22.22%
  • I can go either way

3 16.67%
  • No opinion/Not sure

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Let's set up a new list to just get an overview on who will be joining for sure, and who most likely won't.
    That would be a nice opportunity to promote me to FTL *hint, hint*
    I'm counting heads at the moment, we might need to adjust the fireteams somewhat. We'll see how FTL's pan out. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0Vpd3JGZ0pqZVE

Quote Originally Posted by EBass View Post
    Prob won't make the 19th, got an essay due in on the 20th. Either way, can we have another slot added to the list so I can sign up? Maybe a second assistant MG?
    OK!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I'll have to miss this one I'm afraid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Me too. We'll be off to Belgium (family visit), which I completely forgot about.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by washington View Post
    I'm counting heads at the moment, we might need to adjust the fireteams somewhat. We'll see how FTL's pan out. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0Vpd3JGZ0pqZVE
    How about having fixed CO and FTLs, but the rest get filled by random basis during the slotting? That way, if some people can't make it, we can shuffle around people much easily and balance the FTs better.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m gonna miss the 19 rehearsal but I will be there for the game on 21st. Hopefully I can figure out how to work ACRE before that...
    Also it would be nice to have another dog in the company!

For ACRE, a few pointers on stuff:

-Make sure you run both OA and TS3 with "Run as administrator" (can be checked with right-click on app > Compatability > "Run this program as an administrator"). This is especially important if you run windows UAC.

-The ACRE plugin for TS3 (win32 for 32-bit windows, win64 for 64-bit) comes with a few settings (Settings > Plugins > check ACRE > Settings), primarily signal/audio boost.

-The TS3 user information panel (the right one), when ACRE is enabled, should show "ACRE: Version: 1.3.12". Once you run ARMA (with CBA, JayArma2Lib & ACRE) you'll also get "ArmA2 Connected: No/Yes". This will only show "Yes" once you're a playable character in-game.

-ACRE uses CAPSLOCK as default PTT (for radio). If you use CAPSLOCK as default ARMA2 VON PTT, unbind it or tinker with userconfig/acre/acre_keys.hpp (not recommended).

-TS3 server is on baystation12.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron & Grizzly
    Nope
    Alright, declared MIA. You'll be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Draakon View Post
    How about having fixed CO and FTLs, but the rest get filled by random basis during the slotting? That way, if some people can't make it, we can shuffle around people much easily and balance the FTs better.
    I think for this we'll be good with the players registered. As we do have a few maybe's, I'll add a few open-for-slotting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Hopefully I can figure out how to work ACRE before that...
    Hit me up anytime, bro.
    Last edited by washington; 19-01-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Count me out. ACRE borks my install, works once then needs to verify the Steam stuff before it'll work again. Got rid of everything I copied in, and got it working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Tried, a second time, to get it installed/working. ArmA2 half is fine, but when I start the ACRE plugin in TS3 I get a "Fatal Error: unable to query number of channels" or similar. Which is weird, because there are NO channels, as I'm not connected to a server. I give up.

Edit: Seems, despite the Fatal error, TS3 still runs. So I'll try and join in tomorrow evening, and if it works, it works. If not, it doesn't.
    Last edited by Unaco; 20-01-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Tried, a second time, to get it installed/working. ArmA2 half is fine, but when I start the ACRE plugin in TS3 I get a "Fatal Error: unable to query number of channels" or similar. Which is weird, because there are NO channels, as I'm not connected to a server. I give up.
    That's excellent! I'll be around all day (saturday) for testing whenever.

So, with the final count is at 13 players, 3 maybe and 4 MIA (if this is you, shout). Updated list on same link as before, here. Roles not assigned in the sheet will be assigned in slotting screen subject to squad lead's preferences. RTO's will be using the PRC-119.
    Having played some ACRE with ARPS-gentlemen recently, this should be good times!

Network Hub
    Part 2 of my ACRE tutorial discuss PRC-119
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHG0...z-bV_1kjwKuch_

Activated Node
    I literally have nothing to do today wash so call me in if you need help testing

I'll have to miss out on this because my download cap won't allow me to download the mod. Have fun!

I get the same error as Unaco, but ACRE seems to work anyway. Only when running both TS and ARMA2 as admin though.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Obscure Node
    I dont know how much experience you guys have with ACRE.We used it in UKTF and it was a right pain.The different radios and channels,as well as the constant updates.In my honest opinion it makes a game that requires a fair bit of concentration even more difficult without adding much.Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushcat View Post
    I dont know how much experience you guys have with ACRE.We used it in UKTF and it was a right pain.The different radios and channels,as well as the constant updates.
    The hassle potential is part of why we won't be using ACRE in normal ARPS sessions.
    The I44 operation is more of an one-shot though, so staying up to date and such won't cause that much trouble. Gameplay-wise hassles are reduced by only having dedicated radio operators (1 player per fireteam) worry about radio usage, and there won't be any channel trickery needed either, just maintaining contact and having a sensible comms procedure.

Very much up for this! Put me down for any old role as I'm pretty free for the next week or so.

Meh, we still need wash to fix the mission and think of a new date for the session.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Alright - brothers - let's try for next saturday, if the majourit isn't busy. That is, saturday february 4th, 1930 GMT. Sound ok?

I'm still in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by washington View Post
    Alright - brothers - let's try for next saturday, if the majourit isn't busy. That is, saturday february 4th, 1930 GMT. Sound ok?
    Unfortunately that is exactly when I plan to celebrate my birthday, so I will be out.