Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The solution is obvious: symmetrical DE with 4 grenadiers per player.

Extermination is the most tedious to me personally - but at the same time it is extremely difficult to propose another mode, as none of them have the Symmetrical feature to ensure fairness.

Activated Node
    I'm in/added!

I'm happy staying with DE/Sym games.

Network Hub
    All signed up.

Still new to the game so I have no opinion on the game mode but I'm happy to go with whatever's decided.

Network Hub
    I'm signed up as well! I'm extremely new, but from what little I've seen I'd say that having an explosive is probably a very good idea. But I haven't played enough to really know, so I'm happy with whatever you experienced chaps think.

Season 6 has now begun! Players from previous seasons: please note the addition to rule 1 ('Team Strength' section). This time we have five divisions of six players each, and the new players have been added to the league in the order in which they registered their participation. You can now start issuing challenges and playing your matches - click here to see the league tables.

Important: each player has the responsibility of challenging every player above him/her in the appropriate division. That means that, for instance, tpiece in division 3 has to issue three challenges: to Ayam, Heliocentric and Sarigs.

If you are unsure who you should be challenging, look at the second tab on the spreadsheet. You need to issue a challenge for each game in which you are Player 1. If you're still unsure, post in this thread or send me a PM.

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Elimination
    Map type: symmetrical
    Turn limit:
    eight turns
    Turn duration
    : five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: four men per player, including at least one rocket launcher or grenadier
    Server: UK1

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.

2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must state the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in game [game ID]".

Example: "ColOfNature has challenged WombatDeath in game 123456".

3) After each game has been completed, the player accepting the challenge must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [number of men killed by victorious player] men killed to [number of men killed by defeated player]".

Example: "ColOfNature has defeated WombatDeath in game 123456 by 4 men killed to 2".

In the event of a draw, the format is "[Challenging player] and [challenged player] have drawn in game [game ID], killing [number of men killed per player] men each."

Example: "ColOfNature and WombatDeath have drawn in game 123456, killing 3 men each".

I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Sunday 15 January). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 29 January (GMT).

5) We're all reasonable people, probably, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or dead, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will use my discretion and award points to one, both or neither player, depending on the circumstances.

7) At the end of the season the final results will be used to determine the divisions for season 7, according to a fiendishly cunning set of rules which I will arbitrarily put together at some point.

8) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, whimsy and iron-fisted authoritarianism.

Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.

Good luck!
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 15-01-2012 at 10:28 PM.

How to create a game with the correct settings

This may be useful to those newer to Frozen Synapse:

1) Log in to server UK1.
    2) Click the 'Multiplayer' button at the top of the screen
    3) Click 'Create a game'
    4) Set the game mode to Dark Extermination
    5) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
    6) Ignore the scary warning and click 'OK'
    7) Click the 'Generate symmetrical' button
    8) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side (including at least one rocket launcher or grenadier), go back to (7) and repeat until you're happy.
    9) Click the 'Submit' button
    10) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
    11) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
    12) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 (and the 'Turn length' to 5000, which is the default)
    13) Enter your opponent's username
    14) Enter 'RPS Dark Extermination League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
    15) Click the 'Submit' button
    16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in point 2 of the post directly above this one.

Good luck all.

Wombat, I'm coming for you!

WOooo, bring it on

cimethink has challenged WombatDeath in game 443262.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I didnt notice the grenade/rocket rule, how can i add myself to this season or is it too late?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

steuntron has challenged hardboiled in game 443325
    steuntron has challenged brocklehurst in game 443329
    Last edited by spcd; 15-01-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I didnt notice the grenade/rocket rule, how can i add myself to this season or is it too late?
    No, not too late - I've slotted you into division 3.

Network Hub
    RodeoClown has challenged WombatDeath in game 443345
    RodeoClown has challenged Fumarole in game 443343
    RodeoClown has challenged ComradePenguin in game 443341

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Wombat, I'm coming for you!
    :(

Did I mention the new "you're not allowed to shoot the organiser" rule?

Network Hub
    Ritashi has challenged Nullkigan in game 443346

brocklehurst has beaten steuntron in game 443329, 4 men killed to 0

Network Hub
    Pirate_PL has challenged hardboiled in game 443379

Network Hub
    Ritashi has challenged Baboonanza in game ​443395
    Last edited by Ritashi; 15-01-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Typo