Hybrid View

Prima's Skyrim Guide Book

I've seen a few copies on EBay but Game have yet to have any more stock so far (except for what they had at launch I guess).

Anyone know if Prima will be releasing any more copies soon or will I have to wait until the GOTY edition arrives? I've never known a guide to be so rare.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    This is completely unrelated to your question, but... Why would you want a guide?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    This is completely unrelated to your question, but... Why would you want a guide?
    1. The Steam overlay is wobbly at the best of times.
    2. It stops you having to alt+tab/shift-tab if you want to find something out.
    3. It's a one-stop resource for recipes, material lists et al.
    4. It usually has gameplay tips and other useful things.
    5. It's not prone to people editing the page for the fun of it.
    6. Maps.

That's a good point though, Creative. I've been semi-half-not-quite looking out for one, and they're as rare as hen's teeth (at least in terms of reasonable pricing). You might be better served by ringing up your local GAME/Gamestation stores, maybe even HMV at a stretch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    The wiki/uesp is far more informative, easier to navigate, updated regularly, and free.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    The wiki/uesp is far more informative, easier to navigate, updated regularly, and free.
    I'm not sure there's much difference between looking up a page number and searching for a quest on a wiki page, personally, I wouldn't say either way was particularly harder than the other, just a bit different, unless the book/site is laid out poorly, which isn't really an issue for Prima guides.

Fair enough comments and questions so: The guides usually have some useful info that I sometimes don't come across and I just prefer having a book rather than alt-tabbing in/out of the game. I also like a look through the guide books when I've got a spare few minutes.

If I go to Game this weekend I will ask at the counter. I've put a "Stock Alert" on their website and it triggers everyday but still the book is out of stock.

I have used the wiki/uesp so far, and will continue to do so, but generally I prefer and would like the book aswell.

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    Physical guides can be nice, depending upon exactly how much time you spend fumbling with the game. While user guides can be very informative, they aren't always accessible, well-organized, or well-written. Just today I decided to order the Dark Souls guide after becoming frustrated with the poorly-written and/or very esoteric guides put out by players.

Additionally, some guides are just good supplemental products. I recall the Final Fantasy XII guide listed the in-game biographies of all of the Espers, along with pictures; they weren't useful enough to justify all the effort to collect them all in-game, but I was quite pleased to be able to get a better picture of their importance within the Ivalice setting.

Just to let everyone know, Game.co.uk now have stock of the Skyrim guide again! Yay!