Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Network Hub

Solium Infernum: Hell In a Hand Basket

This thread is for the Solium Infernum game 'Hell in a Hand Basket'.

We have a provisional line-up of players:

- Baboonanza (me)
    - Jarvis (email received)
    - Gruuber (email received)
    - Dolphan
    - Antares
    - Gaiddon

Once I've got all your email addresses I'll create a game and share a Dopbox folder (so you will need to create an account if you don't have one)

Unless there are any objections we will be playing with Rectification on so please make sure you have the latest SI update. I'm open to suggestions on other game settings/map type, I'd be happy with pretty vanilla settings myself.

Email sent, let's do this!

EDIT: as I mentioned in my PM to baboonanza, I have no preferences as regards to game settings, map, or the inclusion of the rectification content.

Network Hub
    Sent, I'm happy having Rectification in. I have a slight leaning towards trying a more unusual PoP setting than the default (so rare or common) to see how it plays, but I don't mind if people want to stick with uncommon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sent. I'm curious, are we using the infernal census as well?

God-damn it's been a while since I've played this mother. I'm gonna make a whole new fiend. And re-read the manual. Such a sweet game.

Network Hub
    Dropbox folder has been created and the invitations are inside it.

I went with Asheron's Locks and otherwise default settings since some of us are new to MP. I couldn't decide about infernal census and to be honest now I can't remember whether I set it on or off, though if I had to put money on it I'd say 'on'.

Good luck everyone. I will relish your tortured screams as I throw you into the great abyss.

Network Hub
    It's worth noting there's been a patch today.

http://www.crypticcomet.com/blog/?cat=11

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Creating a new avatar now -- my goodness, so many options! This game, this game...

Network Hub
    Aw shucks, missed it.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

It recently came to my attention that you lesser demons will soon need to know what my avatar name is and how to contact me so that you may properly grovel before me.
    I wouldn't expect you fools to be able to find so much as half your tentacles without a map and a few minions assisting you, though, so I have decided to lay down this information in writing. Please find a willing minion to read it aloud to you.

Contacting me: PMs will do, but if you'd rather use steam feel free to add me. My profile is in my sig.

Network Hub
    Just waiting for Dolphan.

My avatar is Pandanus. Yes, he does have a panda-like anus.

Network Hub
    Sorry, was out yesterday evening - will sort it when I get in from work today.

Network Hub
    The game is now generated and I must have the worst starting position ever!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    How do we know when it's a new turn?

Is it a new turn now?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    How do we know when it's a new turn?

Is it a new turn now?
    Look in the dropbox events list (if you log in on the website) for the .sav file getting updated. It's not a new turn yet, because I played my turn last night and then went to bed without putting the file in the dropbox folder :-S I'm clearly a bit rubbish this week, will try and get up to speed soon!

Network Hub
    I always move the .trn files into the Turn Backup folder after I process the turn. All you have to do is check the folder - if your turn file is missing then the turn has been processed.

Hey, just letting you guys know that I haven't forgotten about the game or fallen off the face of the earth since I withdrew my turn on saturday.

I'm currently in talks* with a couple of my fellow archdemons (If you're reading this, you know who you are!) regarding a ...delicate matter. I'm still waiting on their replies before I reupload my turn but I don't want to hold the thread hostage or make people lose interest before the game's even really started though, so if I don't get anything from them in a few hours I'll put my orders back up.

*talks may or may not include plotting, scheming, and/or talking trash behind the other Archfiend's backs. Ammut & co cannot guarantee the veracity of the talk's contents and will not be held liable should innacurate information lead to loss of tribute, defection of legions or death by dismemberment.

Orders are in!

Network Hub
    I wonder what you were planning. Could it be to do with the Crusade to Heaven event that's just been played perhaps? Forging a pact not to send legions maybe? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    I wonder what you were planning. Could it be to do with the Crusade to Heaven event that's just been played perhaps? Forging a pact not to send legions maybe? Hmmm.
    That's actually pretty damn clever. I wish I'd though of that before I went and captured the Tower of Pride, as that would've allowed me to significantly soften the effects of the prestige hit. As things stand, I'd have nothing to gain from it, since the prestige hit would not let me make demands of anyone for a while, and I'd risk my opponent's legions getting stronger.

The real explanation is much simpler. Any archfiend that wasn't contacted I either:
    a) Do not like (this includes, but is not limited to, archfiends quietly sitting in their corner and saving up resources for +1 order slot relics, not that I am pointing fingers / talons / tentacles or anything)
    b) Am confident they can make the deadline without added warning, and did not want them accidentally mentioning that fact to other archfiends during casual conversation. You don't look like a big spender, so you should have enough to contribute, correct? Even a cheap legion will do wonders for your otherwise... passive reputation in the Conclave.

Franky, my dear friend!

It appears my incompetent minions accidentally sent you tribute that was meant for me. I've had them whipped and quartered, of course, but in the meanwhile I'd really like to have that tribute back and would hate having to send one of my fiends go and take it from you.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, much appreciated!