Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    The match ends just before the final shotgun blast that takes out the rocket but on a replay that's not obvious, although you can tell from the score at the end. We had a case in an earlier season where WombatDeath decided that, for the purposes of calculating kill ratios, the result at the end of the timer was what counted, which means this will go down as 3-1 rather than 3-2.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 21-01-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Good on ya.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm away for the weekend so therefore unable to commentate or edit videos. Keep submitting commentary tracks however, and I'll stick them all together when I get back

Have done a commentary for my loss to Pirate_PL, but as it turns out my rig isn't really up to it - framerate is ludicrously low (one every few seconds).

The plan, therefore, is to rip the audio off and convert it into an mp3 then send it your way with a list of times for starting turns...

If doing things this way isn't more trouble than it's worth, then I'll put together a few more as we go along, CMaster...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ugh, that screencast site is a horrible way of doing this. I need easy access to downloadables for the sake of making the complete video. Streaming stuff, especially streaming stuff that doesn't work is not helpful. Have to go digging in the source to find the actual video page.

@bonuswave - that will be fine.

Edit: Unfortunately, two of the matches rodeoclown did commentary for had already been covered in episode 4. The other two have been used in ep5, encoding as we speak.
    Last edited by CMaster; 23-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    As I'm already uploading all the matches to YouTube if anyone wants me to download the video and either email them or make it available on some hosting service (while such things still exist...) just let me know.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Ugh, that screencast site is a horrible way of doing this. I need easy access to downloadables for the sake of making the complete video. Streaming stuff, especially streaming stuff that doesn't work is not helpful. Have to go digging in the source to find the actual video page.

@bonuswave - that will be fine.

Edit: Unfortunately, two of the matches rodeoclown did commentary for had already been covered in episode 4. The other two have been used in ep5, encoding as we speak.
    Sorry, I'll dig out the source file next time (I had that account for work-stuff, which is why I was using it).

I didn't know those matches were already in ep4 - I just went off the spreadsheet and picked matches with no commentator attached (rewatching ep4 I see them now, but I hadn't registered they were already done, whoops).

The audience misses out on me saying "Baboonanza" repeatedly.

Baboonanza!
    Last edited by rodeoclown; 23-01-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Network Hub
    CMaster - can you please post each of the episodes in this forum as they go up?
    Or we can make another forum thread to manage the commentaries etc, so we have a way of knowing each time a new ep is posted?

Cheers.

EDIT - or I can subscribe to the channel on YouTube...
    EDIT 2 - or I can read the other thread... :S
    Last edited by rodeoclown; 23-01-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Stupidity on my behalf

CMaster, in case you need to download more from screencast.com, here's a bookmarklet script for downloading the avi directly. I just wrote it so no guarantees, but it worked on the two pages where I tested it at least. Just copy and paste it to the address bar and the avi will start downloading.

Code:
    javascript:(function(){document.location = /<param name="url" value="(.*?)">/.exec($("#embed").val())[1]}())
    Thanks for the effort on this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post
    I didn't know those matches were already in ep4 - I just went off the spreadsheet and picked matches with no commentator attached (rewatching ep4 I see them now, but I hadn't registered they were already done, whoops).
    Yep, that was my fault for not tagging them as done.

The audience misses out on me saying "Baboonanza" repeatedly.

Baboonanza!
    Indeed, that made me :(

CMaster - commentary for division 4 game 443823: bonuswavepilot vs Pirate_PL.
    http://bafflegab.org/mp3/FrozenSynapse.mp3

Timing:
    Turn 1 17s
    Turn 2 38s
    Turn 3 51s
    Turn 4 1m 04s

Network Hub
    CMaster, if you haven't taken it already, I'll do Baboonanza vs Ritashi (I just want to say that name again :))

Network Hub
    I found a new program for recording: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=24601
    The free version (that's it) has a limit of 10 minutes per screen capture, but it records mic and game sounds with no issues.

I'll hopefully record another couple of commentaries today or tomorrow.

Network Hub
    Video files are linked

Baboonanza vs Ritashi - ​443395:
    cimethink vs WombatDeath - 443262:
    Last edited by rodeoclown; 27-01-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Video files are linked

Baboonanza vs Ritashi - ​443395:
    cimethink vs WombatDeath - 443262:
    Unfortunately, quality is pretty awful on these (as is no surprise given the tiny file size). Framerate is in the single figures, units are blurry and voice is full of hiss (I've tried to clean this up, but it's resulted in some pretty bad robot voice). I've still used them, but something needs to be done before the next attempt - I'm pretty happy to do more stuff off just the audio, like I did with bonuswavepilot's bit.

Network Hub
    Sorry, I didn't realise they were so bad... I can reexport them at a higher rate if you'd like (wait - I see it's already out).
    They looked and sounded fine when I checked them, but I must have seen the "before" encoding :S

I'll make sure the next ones are at a much higher rate.

(sorry about that)

@Cmaster - OK, looks like there's still quite a few awaiting commentary, so I reckon I'll put my hand up for these:

Div 1

ColOfNature vs cimethink (444075)

Div 2
    Coccyx vs lagnut (447908) - mentioned this one previously in other thread

Div 3
    supermanu vs tpiece (446437)

Div 4
    bonuswavepilot vs hardboiled (443811) - mentioned this one previously in other thread too

Div 5
    Ritashi vs SirQuijote (443406)

[Edit] Blast! Dastardly housemate has made off with the batteries from my mic amp. Will have to do 'em after work tomorrow...
    Last edited by bonuswavepilot; 01-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've got microphone problems.
    So if other people could do some commentating, that would be great!