Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I'm about during the morning/day in the UK (GMT + 1hr)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jim Stacey View Post
    The more a PC gamer plays a game, the more he hates it and the people who make it.

I played cs 1.1-1.6 for over 6 years, battlefield 1942 for 3 years until upgrading to vista cuased my gpu to no longer work with the game..., played world of tanks for 2 years since beta, terraria for 200+ hours, tf2 for 200+ hours, red alert 2 for over a year, rtcw for over a year etc etc. The only reason I stopped playing most of those was because I stumbled across a game I liked even more.

I don't dislike any of those games now and don't even know anyone who dislikes any of those games.

Diff is all of those are mechanically solid, enjoyable games whereas many modern games have you chasing an unlock/progress carrot for a hundred hours that keeps you hoping things will go from bad to better somehow when you finally get to the end of the rainbow , then when you get there you find just another pot of shit.

That is why people hate modern games more the longer they play them.

In the pre-carrot/filling bars days it was obvious within hours if a game was worthwhile or not. (now you sometimes still can but people stick around anyhow because of the unlock/loot fever)
    Last edited by Finicky; 26-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Star Trek Online's endgame is made infuriating because there is a -vast- amount of exceptionally good fan-made missions available that are left to languish whilst the focus is on the STF grind.

STO is not a good enough RPG game at its heart to make playing through foundry missions worthwhile on its own. Foundry missions need to be in the same loop as the rest of the game; they need to come with some kind of (unexploitable) reward as an alternative to grinding STFs.

An alternative that, you know, might actually run the risk of fulfilling the point of any Star Trek game; that you are a captain in bloody StarFleet not some cannon fodder monkey in a tin can...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I know D&D online has quests and xp needs stuff, but my low level play was generally just like coop action rpg, we didn't need to grind rare loot, or buy anything. We just worked together and summoned badgers, had pet badgers and shape shifted into badgers.
    Sounds like you guys were sett.

Am I being stupid or is there no way to "press F" when you're using a 360 controller?

Is there an RPS Fleet floating around?

Just checking in again: is anyone do be playing this particular video game?

Definitely. There is an entry on the server list thread, with a name for the guild and everything.

Ive been distracted too much by other things to play further, though. (perpetuum online being most of it)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Romulan expansion is out.
    And biggest thing (for me): that gave everybody(?) up to three free character slots. So I am finally able to create a Romulan and Klingon character without buying a slot extension.
    Last edited by bonkers; 25-05-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Well I subbed years ago, so I already had more than two slots.

But yay.

Anyway, anyone want to start a Romulan Paper Shotgun fleet?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I was really tempted to re-install this. I might have to. Grrr. If there's enough numbers?