Obscure Node

So... any other RPS readers who bought Heroes 6 on the recent Steam sale?

Basically, for the past two days the main campaign (as well as custom games, scenarios, multi) has been locked for what seems to be the majority of the playerbase. Except for the few who got it sorted, the only people able to play now are those, who bought the DLC campaigns or the expansion. The largest thread regarding this issue on SteamHub has over six hundred replies and the topic on Ubisoft's forums is even bigger.
    I'm kinda in no position to whine cause I heard about it before the purchase, but since the game was on a daily sale I assumed they were bound to fix it pretty quick. I was wrong.
    Anyway, if you were planning to buy Heroes 6, you should hold off for now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Empire at War buyers can't even activate the game. At least some people can play Heroes 6.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quite a lot of people on the Steam thread now seem to be able to play now - if you've not been, you need to raise a ticket with cs.ubi.com

Don't expect a quick or competent response tho - I raised a simple issue of missing some UPlay rewards and points THREE MONTHS AGO and they just keep coming back asking if it's fixed itself, or asking me to scan my hardware or other unrelated questions (the most recent one being a snooty request to 'stop reopening the ticket' despite the fact they've not fixed it).

or better - raise the issue with Steam Support - explain you cannot access the game you bought and request a refund. It will be cheaper again in the next sale and might even work then...

I was hoping to get cracking on this over the weekend, but it was not to be.
    It's still broken, judging by this thread on Ubisoft, and this thread on Steam.

Frankly I'm shocked that it is taking them nearly a week to sort this out, and that Steam still has the nerve to keep selling it.

Edit: apparently it's working now.
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Editor, Control Command Escape

Steam | Raptr

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GoG's facebook post promoting the older games:

Don't play angry! In GOG.com catalog you will find many Might & Magic games (including Heroes of Might and Magic 1-5), stable, bug-free, DRM-free, and successfully updated to latest versions!

http://j.mp/MnMonGOG

Gotta love those guys
    "Give all your money to CoD. Give yourself to CoD. Play only CoD. There are no other games. Nothing else matters. Shoot the men. Shoot all the men. Shoot them all the time."

Editor, Control Command Escape

Steam | Raptr