Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    The opposite actually. THQ is trying hard to make it look as if it's alive and has a future to drum up some extra money (or even sell it's assets at an inflated price). This kind of backstage bomb can only hurt the value of their IP assets. Not to mention anyone with access to that kind of info has to be under NDA.

So even if this guy is right, he's still a moron for saying it out loud.
    This. This guy is either in serious breach of an NDA and doing massive harm to his clients, and as such, when his identity is discovered he will never work in finance ever again, or he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    This. This guy is either in serious breach of an NDA and doing massive harm to his clients, and as such, when his identity is discovered he will never work in finance ever again, or he's lying.
    Or nobody will care because it is posted by anon guy on an internet forum. But, if someone wants to dox some neogaf guy, go nutz.

If it's true they'll care.

on a slightly different note: I get the impression that Steam is doing everything it can to help keep THQ a float. They've had numerous sales for things like Metro, Darksiders, and Saints Row 3, and again today I see the midweek madness (the only deal) is Darksiders 2.

Steam sales are publisher approved. It's most likley THQ that's pushing those titles at lower prices. Can't hurt really...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    on a slightly different note: I get the impression that Steam is doing everything it can to help keep THQ a float. They've had numerous sales for things like Metro, Darksiders, and Saints Row 3, and again today I see the midweek madness (the only deal) is Darksiders 2.
    Steam wont do a sale if the publisher doesn't wnat, and probably is also more likely to do a sale if the publisher asks for it. About it being the only midweek, wait for tomorrow, sometimes it takes them a day to unveil the second offer.

THQ with Steam have always seemed to do lots of deep discounts, even before the past year or so of problems.

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    I'm already bummed that there likely won't be a Darksiders 3--since sales apparently weren't great, which will have tarnished the IP even if they sell it off--but now I have to be worried there won't be a Dawn of War 3, too!? Here's hoping that the various THQ subsidiaries have been hard at work making backdoors for themselves.

Darksiders 2 sold 1.4 million copies since launch. It's not bad, just not good enough given THQ's situation.
    Last edited by His Master's Voice; 13-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Activated Node
    Erm, wasn't Company of Heroes Relic & THQ? This is a fkin catastrophe if that franchise is doomed.

Edit: Posted without realising how many pages there were.

Even if THQ folds, the franchise will most likely be picked up along with the team. It's just a question of who does that. Sega would be great, EA would be a disaster.

Actually, now that I think of it, SEGA getting the 40k license would be a wet dream come true. I know a few people at GW, they think highly of Relic and chances are the RTS licence for games might follow the studio in case of a breakup at THQ. Now imagine Creative Assembly getting to work on a proper Epic game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Sega is unlikely to be buying anything, considering they recently undertook a massive restructuring, albeit with a focus on digital distribution (making them, ironically, one of the better placed publishers out there for the future). Even if they are back on track this year, I imagine they wouldn't have the capital to do anything.

As for EA buying them, it's certainly potentially bad, but it's that or perhaps nothing at all. I know I'd rather have the risk than a critical existence failure.

Also, there's no question to THQ folding. It will. It's a matter of when, barring some sort of miracle. They have no money and are some $100m+ in debt.