Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Crawler will be part of the later auction.
    Vigil was hiring last summer devs with FPS experience, so I guess it's a FPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Can't think of many better places than Crytek to develop an FPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    From GAF:

I've been told like, half an hour ago by Crytek's RP that they also bought Darksiders (I'm in Frankfurt right now): http://www.jeuxvideomagazine.com/act...ders--a1063058

Maybe she spoke too soon or misunderstood what happened but she seemed pretty sure.

FPS Darksiders :D hahahahaha.
    On the other hand, one of the horsemen uses guns, so I suppose you could make a FPS of it with the new Crysis engine. Something like Painkiller maybe?

*this was a joke

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Jason Rubin says they didn't bid for Vigil because They were not prepared. And who would have thought Vigil would not get a bid?
    So at first people say the auction was blind amounts (which makes the difference between Sega and Zenzimax for Relic all the more 'exciting') but...this maybe suggests otherwise? How odd. But good on Crytek. They've saved at least 35 jobs, hopefully more. There's really nothing bad from this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Crawler will be part of the later auction.
    Vigil was hiring last summer devs with FPS experience, so I guess it's a FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    FPS Darksiders :D hahahahaha.
    On the other hand, one of the horsemen uses guns, so I suppose you could make a FPS of it
    Whilst they certainly were working on something, it was never clear if Crawler was not DS3, but it was likely both would've been FPS. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. I quite like the idea of a series where each edition is slightly different to play. No reason you can't have an action adventure in a shooter too, just look at Metroid Prime (incidentally made by Retro...up the road from Vigil).

I would be surprised if at this point in time, Crytek didn't buy up the rights to at least Crawler and probably Darksiders. More information was supposed to be heard before the end of January regarding the legacy sale. I eagerly await that info.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Can't think of many better places than Crytek to develop an FPS.

Then you need to play more fps games if you think so haha :D They had two,ok lets say three good games,then they ended it with medicore crysis 2,and looking at third one its not going to be any better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    So at first people say the auction was blind amounts (which makes the difference between Sega and Zenzimax for Relic all the more 'exciting') but...this maybe suggests otherwise? How odd. But good on Crytek. They've saved at least 35 jobs, hopefully more. There's really nothing bad from this.
    It makes sense. If they were not blind, someone like Ubisoft would probably have thrown a million at them once it was clear no one else was bidding, just to help themselves to a decent studio / IP.

But if it were blind, it makes sense. Larger publishers have eyes on the really big studios, whilst fledling publishers like Crytek assume Vigil will just go to someone bigger and not bother...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Then you need to play more fps games if you think so haha :D They had two,ok lets say three good games,then they ended it with medicore crysis 2,and looking at third one its not going to be any better.
    It's because of a lack of prone and lean isn't it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's because of a lack of prone and lean isn't it!

No not really,it just failed to live up to it's hype. It failed to improve upon the first game. It failed to attract a large audience on the consoles(They main focus with C2 to attract console audience). Most of all though it failed because Crytek abandoned the very people whom their foundation was built on, PC gamers.

In short,it failed to be a Crysis game.

Network Hub
    Apparently Crytek has put David Adams in charge of the new studio, which is a questionable decision. He was a big part of fostering the 'milestones? What are those?' culture at Vigil, and called for an eleventh hour UI redesign on Darksiders II that removed a lot of functionality (prior to his evaluating playthrough, you could bind spells and items to the D-Pad as well as the face buttons. He decided that left and right on the d-pad should be for potions and nothing else).

Well at least Sega got the Warhammer/Relic Team so we might get something good out of it, judging by how they handled Creative Assembly with Shogun 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Pretty interesting article here about the auction and what occurred as well as interviews opinions from those involved: -

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-c...-story/0110180

It explains the discrepancy between the winning bids and runners up, and the reasoning why people went for certain things.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Network Hub
    The sale for the rest of THQ is starting now(ish). Darksiders, Red Faction, Homeworld and MX are to be sold off individually, everything else will be in two different bundles: one for internal THQ IPs (Destroy All Humans!, Summoner, etc) and one for licenses/ongoing distribution rights for existing titles (Marvel Super Hero Squad, Worms, Supreme Commander, etc).

Fingers crossed that Sega grabs Homeworld and Deep Silver grabs Red Faction, and I can't imagine why MX is being sold individually, it's not exactly a lucrative IP.

[edit]Joystiq has a complete breakdown of the lots. I guess MX gets an individual sale because of how many titles are part of the package.

[edit2]It also totally sucks for Double Fine that the console rights for Costume Quest and Stacking are part of Lot 6. I'm sure they want those, but they won't be able to afford to be saddled with all the other shit in there or compete with any other interested parties like Wargaming.net/Gas Powered Games or Marvel.

There would be a lot more money to be made by breaking Lots 5 and 6 into smaller chunks, I'd think. A lot of interested parties will skip out on bidding for those just because they don't want or can't afford all the other IPs that come with them.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 27-02-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Perhaps they're going with those lots because they don't want some of the IPs to be orphaned. Absolutely no one is going to want All Star Cheer Squad or Neighborhood Games. I have no idea if they have any legal obligation to do this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    It also totally sucks for Double Fine that the console rights for Costume Quest and Stacking are part of Lot 6. I'm sure they want those, but they won't be able to afford to be saddled with all the other shit in there or compete with any other interested parties like Wargaming.net/Gas Powered Games or Marvel.
    Whomever buys them will probably sell them again anyway tbh.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah I imagine nobody is paying top dollar for the last two lots and they'll most likely just buy them to then resell them on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'll give credit to this NeoGAF thread, but in looking around, it seems to be that Games Workshop and Relic have come to some settlement with the 40K license; every 40K title on Steam is now recognised as being published by Sega. This was perhaps something of a no-brainer, considering just before the auction, Sega announced they had got the WH fantasy license for Creative Assembly anyhow.