Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I hear Darksiders 2 is going to have RPG-lite elements...I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

Not as you would describe, I believe. This list should give you a good perusing opportunity. Bare in mind for anyone else looking, that obviously doesn't necessarily include all their owned IPs.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    *facepalm* fine. I was wrong on them. I clearly had misunderstood their situation. Couldn't you be a bit nicer about correcting others mistake tough?
    I respond to bluntness in kind.

I wonder what's going to happen to their third-party publishing plans: Devil's Third, South Park RPG, Insane... I'm actually more interested in those than anything they're developing internally.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Not as you would describe, I believe. This list should give you a good perusing opportunity. Bare in mind for anyone else looking, that obviously doesn't necessarily include all their owned IPs.
    Thanks. A quick scan through didn't reveal anything of value for me.

I wonder what will happen to that South Park RPG Obsidian are currently making.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Althea, I'm a little confused about your stance on DoW2: Retribution; while there has been quite a bit of DLC it has been mostly cosmetic, entirely optional, and judging by the forums and the opponents I meet online, rather popular.

I have purchased precisely none of it, and still play regularly. What is the issue?

Obsidian have enough clout with their name combined with the fact they only need publishing funding, that someone else will probably pick them up if necessary. As a wild guess, I could see it as something EA would do under their Partners scheme (saying without knowing exactly what that entails). Absolutely no idea about Devil's Third. Perhaps one of the Japanese publishing groups? Konami, Capcom?

EDIT: Gonna have to agree with arathain. It's one of the few IPs where having purely cosmetic stuff is exactly the kind of thing that appeals to that specific player base. As far as I'm aware, the only DLC that can give you any sort of advantage is that designed for the co-operative Last Stand mode.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Deep Silver had the best-selling new IP of 2011.
    I doubt European publishers would pick up anything big from THQ except for the strategy IPs and Metro. It wouldn't make sense to separate most of the hot properties from their studios IMO. THQ doesn't own interchangeable devs like EA or Ubisoft do, nor do they own multiple similar IPs to have multiple studios help each other 2K style.

The South Park RPG is safe because Viacom funds it. THQ is the distributor. Speaking of which, they have a fantastic distribution channel. I guess that's what the big publishers will fight over, not the studios and IPs.

That Itagaki guy in charge of Devil's Third said he's happy that he's not working with Japanese publishers anymore. Let's see how things turn out for him lol

Even if it is Sunday, or more because it is Sunday and by saying something, it could stop a massive market crash tomorrow morning.
    AFAICT tomorrow's MLK day and NASDAQ will be closed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Whilst Valve aren't a publisher, they have gone on the record as saying they could cease development operations and still be in profit with Steam.
    No one doubts that Steam isn't profitable. However if Gabe were to fold development operations, I doubt Chet and Eric and the rest of their development staff would be on salary for long.

In addition, they have consumed development studios before; granted, they're not exactly large ones when they do, but they could definitely handle extra talent if they saw it fit. Whilst it is unlikely, I wouldn't say put Valve out of the running entirely for getting a group such as Relic.
    Publishing is a massive undertaking. Albeit Steam is big, if you're going to make AAA games you need to sell multi-platform and have a definite retail presence (The only reason why games like Metal Gear solid and Uncharted done come to the 360 & PC is because Sony heavily subsidize them in order to keep them platform exclusive). I just don't see Valve wanting to get into that space, especially with the next console generation likely 6 months to a year away in terms of announcements.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    No one doubts that Steam isn't profitable.
    I do.10char

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    AFAICT tomorrow's MLK day and NASDAQ will be closed.
    Fair enough. That gives them an extra day. They have since put out a response from their PR, saying they're not aware of any cancellations, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

I entirely agree, Kadayi. The reason I specifically highlighted Relic is because of their focus on PC titles. It wouldn't be too drastic a change to have them do PC only stuff. Anything they sell at retail would be sold with the partners who sell Valve's stuff at retail anyhow (which I believe is EA) and...well, it's not like they don't have somewhere to put a DD version! Like I said though, it's highly unlikely, but if any of those three studios stood any chance of being picked up by Valve, I'd say it was them.