Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Yeah. It's a damn shame because whilst DS2 improved numerous things, I don't feel it truly surpassed DS1 overall in quality. It also means that, due to the plot direction of DS2, we will never get a conclusion for the ridiculously good ending to 1.

Made myself sad now.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkard View Post
    Wow... posted at the exact same minute.

Brain-linked?
    The works of the hivemind.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    THQ's biggest release this quarter, Darksiders 2, only shipped 1.4 million copies. Note that's shipped, not sold. This was "below expectations," said THQ CEO Brian Farrell during an investor's call.

Notice too that if shipped copies are only retail, the numbers will get bigger once we take into account the digital distribution. Of course, the figures wont be amazing anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Notice too that if shipped copies are only retail, the numbers will get bigger once we take into account the digital distribution. Of course, the figures wont be amazing anyway.
    Wasn't the season pass 50% off on a Steam sale before any DLC was released?

Through other sites, yes it was. Like I said though, they don't seem to be screaming about new DLC.

I think THQ will make it to Christmas, but it's really looking unlikely that they'll make it to the end of the fiscal year. If they were really clever though, they'd have made a few others ports for the WiiU so that they could've picked on those who only had a Wii and thus didn't have access to the PS360 for the bigger titles, as well as those who simply didn't have them and in the sparse field of release titles for the WiiU, they could've capitalised on having something to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    If they were really clever though, they'd have made a few others ports for the WiiU so that they could've picked on those who only had a Wii and thus didn't have access to the PS360 for the bigger titles, as well as those who simply didn't have them and in the sparse field of release titles for the WiiU, they could've capitalised on having something to offer.
    I don't know how useful that market is. People who only have Wiis are casuals, as much as I don't like that term. They might get a Wii U eventually, but they won't be pre-ordering it or waiting in launch lines (assuming that even happens).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WiiU sold out of pre orders. Hard to say how well DK2 will sell. A lot of people owned Wii + another console.

They have enough to last through their 3 games being released. They need to sell well to survive.

Still can't believe Farrell is still CEO. At least Rubin is starting to correct what he screwed up.
    Last edited by Moraven; 06-11-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Considering their position is bordering on death, if not veering into that territory, what's one more risk? Also, the WiiU market isn't just going to be those picking up from the Wii. Consider this; the first people who knew about the Wii were the gamers. It was only after it became a big thing did it really start to pile on, a momentum carried on from the initial gamer rush. Do you really think the people buying the WiiU immediately will all be the 'casuals'? I think it'll be closer to 50/50. What there is though is an audience; you'll have millions of pieces of hardware there immediately. The people putting out stuff on there in release are going to do well, simply because what else will they buy? Mario U and Nintendo Land are the shoe-ins, but what else? Zombie U? Hell, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, being an arcade racing game, will probably steal thunder away from Mario Kart U (of course it'll be called that, don't be silly).

My point is, if they're going to go out, why not go out fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    The big kicker for them there I think is Metro being pushed out. After the amount of fans the first one managed to gather up as a sleeper hit, they were likely to make a very nice bundle on it.
    I think you're overestimating it's significance. Is that even a word? Anyway, there's a reason why Metro 2033 was rather soon after release available for as low as 5 euros. While artsy and moody, it was still just a mediocre shooter. You might disagree, but how many are you, I wonder.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    I think you're overestimating it's significance. Is that even a word? Anyway, there's a reason why Metro 2033 was rather soon after release available for as low as 5 euros. While artsy and moody, it was still just a mediocre shooter. You might disagree, but how many are you, I wonder.
    I'm also not sure if the sales were that great, considering it was a pc exclusive, wasn't it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    I'm not saying it was going to make them CoD amounts of money, but it was a sleeper hit which many many people enjoyed for its story and atmosphere in a world gone mad with modern military manshooters, so it stood a far chance that a lot of people who bought the first one be it for full price or €5 would be likely to pick up the sequel at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I'm also not sure if the sales were that great, considering it was a pc exclusive, wasn't it?
    It was available on consoles as well but lacked multiplayer which has become the dominating force for consoles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How did they managed to fail so much daaaaaaamn.

Let's make a pool and buy relic.
    Then we can make them work on Homeworld 3!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Let's make a pool and buy relic.
    Then we can make them work on Homeworld 3!
    I'll be down for that. But let 'em finish CoH2 too.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

$11m?! Ooooooooooooooooh man. And there was me thinking they actually would survive the year.

ICEBERG, ICEBERG!