Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Clearwater is more of the middleman finding a buyer for THQ, keeping it afloat until then. Be interesting if anyone will.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Read this regarding CoH's financial success.
    So we have Relic saying that the game sold well, but wasn't amazing. Which makes sense and fits the expectations for a good selling RTS that isn't made by Blizzard. The fans of the genre embraced it, but that genre is comparatively small when put along side FPS and RPG.

The only thing which supports your "bombed" argument is the random poster saying he has a friend who heard something. Yeah...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Clearwater is more of the middleman finding a buyer for THQ, keeping it afloat until then. Be interesting if anyone will.
    No-one in their right mind will buy THQ as a whole. I will be immensely surprised (perhaps pleasantly, depending on the state) if THQ lasts beyond the end of next year. I expect once current games have finished development, studios (and if we're lucky, packed in with their IPs) will be gutted from THQ and sold elsewhere, in the mean time allowing that studio to continue supporting that latest game with DLC/patches to get any last amount in for THQ.

As a side note, Rubin's letter and other figures and details coming out suggest that the WWE license THQ had has possibly been retracted as a result of their filing for bankruptcy. I imagine their other main license (that I'm aware of), Warhammer 40K, will also be retracted in a similar clause. This would also explain the lack of mention of the retooling of the 40K MMO it as the current games in their pipe-line doesn't mention it anywhere. South Park is fine because it's presumably partially funded by CBSi (?) or whoever it is that owns those sort of rights for South Park.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    So we have Relic saying that the game sold well, but wasn't amazing. Which makes sense and fits the expectations for a good selling RTS that isn't made by Blizzard. The fans of the genre embraced it, but that genre is comparatively small when put along side FPS and RPG.

The only thing which supports your "bombed" argument is the random poster saying he has a friend who heard something. Yeah...
    I also don't see a distinction in that one sentence between CoH (2006), CoH:OF (2007), CoH:ToV (2009) or CoH:O (2009), the last of which was lackluster and best forgotten.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    A quick internet search gives this as the last news on that front.
    Ok, so as I thought, we don't really have new news...
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    As a side note, Rubin's letter and other figures and details coming out suggest that the WWE license THQ had has possibly been retracted as a result of their filing for bankruptcy. I imagine their other main license (that I'm aware of), Warhammer 40K, will also be retracted in a similar clause. This would also explain the lack of mention of the retooling of the 40K MMO it as the current games in their pipe-line doesn't mention it anywhere. South Park is fine because it's presumably partially funded by CBSi (?) or whoever it is that owns those sort of rights for South Park.
    And the reason would be that the status of the game is still hanging, therefore no press communicate either way?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Perhaps, but a load of figures and projections were released, along with all titles in development. Missing were any WWE game and any mention of the 40K title. Whilst its status may not have changed, I think you can take a well educated guess about the things that weren't shown because of what was.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Atlas is a Warhammer 40k game, so that license is (most likely) still with THQ.

The list of titles in the bankruptcy filing are titles that they're currently spending money on, not all of their titles. The WWE games have an incredibly short turnaround, and WWE '13 just came out, which is why WWE '14 isn't on the list. Dark Millennium might be 'Crawler' (which would be an appropriate code name considering how long it's been in development) or it might have been quietly cancelled, or they may have halted development with the intent of starting it back up in the future, but either of those would mean that it's not currently having money spent on it, so doesn't fall under projections of where their money is going over the next few years.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Atlas is a Warhammer 40k game, so that license is (most likely) still with THQ.
    According to IGN, Atlas could be either a warhammer 40k game or a new game (as in neither Company of War nor Dawn of Heroes). Eurogamer also says that it might be a 40k title, but might doesn't make right.
    Do you have a source that definitively relates Atlas with 40k?
    Last edited by Silgidorn; 21-12-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubiso...hq-bid/0108645

Welp that's that then.
    I hope all the studios are just fired before this happens and the people find work seperately elsewhere , it's a much kinder fate than seeing metro or warhammer or stalker get the splintercell/prince persia treatement.
    Last edited by Finicky; 21-12-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubiso...hq-bid/0108645

Welp that's that then.
    I hope all the studios are just fired before this happens and the people find work seperately elsewhere , it's a much kinder faith than seeing metro or warhammer or stalker get the splintercell/prince persia treatement.
    Yeah, it's totally better that the entire teams get broken up and we don't get a chance of a new Dawn of War because people on the internet freak out over publishers. *end sarcasm*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Hey remember what happened to Massive after Ubisoft bought them?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Yeah, it's totally better that the entire teams get broken up and we don't get a chance of a new Dawn of War because people on the internet freak out over publishers. *end sarcasm*
    I own all the dow games ^^ and yes, I'd rather the creators end up elsewhere working on something decent than be employed by ubi to shit out some shitty modernised sequel that I wouldn't want to play ina thousand years anyway.

No matter what happens, nobody wins here.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Hey remember what happened to Massive after Ubisoft bought them?
    Yeah, maybe they'll get to bring coffee for the AC devs too and clean up the crumbs off their desk like massive is doing.
    Last edited by Finicky; 21-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    I own all the dow games ^^ and yes, I'd rather the creators end up elsewhere working on something decent than be employed by ubi to shit out some shitty modernised sequel that I wouldn't want to play ina thousand years anyway.
    Oh yes, and let's resurrect the old Interplay while we're at it.

Oh wait.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Silgidorn View Post
    According to IGN, Atlas could be either a warhammer 40k game or a new game (as in neither Company of War nor Dawn of Heroes). Eurogamer also says that it might be a 40k title, but might doesn't make right.
    Do you have a source that definitively relates Atlas with 40k?
    My source is the design docs that I read back in June.

Activated Node
    Oh please no. Not Ubisoft. Uplay, Uplay points, lots of minor dlcs, always online, bloated games, "deep" story to games that don't need them, pretentious storylines, games that never end because they now are a franchise, sequels that get more streamlined for each release, pop ups everywhere, tutorial that never ends, facebook and other community stuff intergration and basically just "gamey" games that kills the immersion..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme25 View Post
    lots of minor dlcs
    http://store.steampowered.com/search...der=ASC&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by tomme25 View Post
    Oh please no. Not Ubisoft. Uplay, Uplay points, lots of minor dlcs, always online, bloated games, "deep" story to games that don't need them, pretentious storylines, games that never end because they now are a franchise, sequels that get more streamlined for each release, pop ups everywhere, tutorial that never ends, facebook and other community stuff intergration and basically just "gamey" games that kills the immersion..
    Ubisoft games haven't been always on for quite some time now, and Facebook integration on AAA games? Where?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Honestly, I'd be cool with Ubisoft if they weren't now trying to shove that Uplay crap down our throats...

Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    Honestly, I'd be cool with Ubisoft if they weren't now trying to shove that Uplay crap down our throats...
    For now it's superficial.

For now.

Keep a gun under your pillow.
    Virtual Pilot 3D™ NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    I honestly just hate any company that requires me to make a separate account for just their game when I already have to sign into another service (such as Steam) to access them, even if the online requirement doesnt go any further than that.

Obscure Node
    When any discussion unfolds on THQ, I keep thinking of Volition and FreeSpace. (Of course, the rights are still at Interplay.) Quite funny how the devs of two of the greatest and most influential "space games" - as in Homeworld and FS - ended up at THQ with nothing doing in this regard.