Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    THQ could own the rights to the WH40K games, but those rights limit only them to producing the game.
    If Games Workshop didn't put a termination clause in the licence agreement, they should probably perform Exterminatus on their in house legal team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Wow. Sega is doing better than I thought. Where the hell does that money come from? :p

I dunno. I can't realy think of a better choice, but at the same time I also just have a bad feeling.

And I forgot the FB aspect. So it makes sense, try and get all Warhammer games under the same studio (because GW will probably be cool with licensing to whoever owns Relic).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    If Games Workshop didn't put a termination clause in the licence agreement, they should probably perform Exterminatus on their in house legal team.
    GW's legal team if famously inept, they can't even be bothered actually filing copyrights.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by His Master's Voice View Post
    Since GW already have a licensing agreement with SEGA they probably wouldn't mind SEGA getting the 40K license but it does seem odd that GW would give THQ a publishing license to 40K games that THQ could sell to another party.

The results of this auction are likely to be far more complex than the rumour mill is making out and aspects of it will be contested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Apparently the auction is over. Hold on to your butts...

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Wow. Sega is doing better than I thought. Where the hell does that money come from? :p
    From crazy Japanese hobbies. The other company in the holding is making these pachinko machines.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Last news, Sega did have Relic, but that is based on information from last night. Things could've changed. That said, it seems like that's remained true (dev at Relic). EDIT: Further talk/mutterings suggest this is increasingly likely to be the truth.

Rumours point to Ubisoft publishing South Park. EDIT: Also THQ Montreal, Patrice DesÚlit's team. This is slightly humorous considering he was the brain behind Assassin's Creed, before leaving Ubi.

Based on this post from NeoGAF, as well as a link to a Twitter page, it seems like Vigil did not survive. EDIT: Rumours suggest Take 2 bought Vigil IPs, but not the studio/assets.

More information should be available at 9pm GMT, I believe. Might have that way off considering I'm doing some conversions of times I'm not sure of. Things likely to be delayed too. Etc.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 23-01-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Based on this post from NeoGAF, as well as a link to a Twitter page, it seems like Vigil did not survive.
    Well, poop. Their only product may not have been that attractive to buyers, but the team itself definitely had talent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Weird I'm surprised that Activision weren't making use of all that WoW warchest money they have stashed away. They could do with some new IPs.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Well, poop. Their only product may not have been that attractive to buyers, but the team itself definitely had talent.
    It seems like the reverse, actually. Take 2 might have bought the Darksiders IP, but left the team. It's possible by 'assets' too it'd include any work on the Warhammer 40K MMO. That'd...be interesting considering Take 2 has seemingly had no interest in any licensing to date.

Incidentally, Vigil is based in the same town as Retro Studios, who are currently a first party developer for Nintendo. Their works are usually heralded as being great, really nailing what made the classic Nintendo franchises good in the first place. A lot of people were hopefully Nintendo would actually buy Vigil to help on the next Zelda. It was never going to happen, but the thought is amusing. People would've also been happy for Retro to make it. Whatever, it seems like it's curtains closed for Vigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Weird I'm surprised that Activision weren't making use of all that WoW warchest money they have stashed away. They could do with some new IPs.
    I dunno, there's nothing I can think of in THQ's catalogue that can be serialised into annual releases and then left to die when they eventually crash and burn. Well, except the uDraw, but that's already happened.

Okay, I swear, no more smugness after this. People are losing their jobs, this ain't cool.

EDIT: Remember, everything up to this point are rumours or simply unconfirmed Wait for the official court release notes before celebrating/crying/whatevering.

EDIT: 2 - I hope Sumo Digital now makes a Space Marine character for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed. That'd be amazing. (It'll never happen, but a man can dream.)
    Last edited by The JG Man; 23-01-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Patrice going back to Ubisoft is fucking hilarious!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Patrice going back to Ubisoft is fucking hilarious!
    Presuming he stays. He might decant elsewhere. I doubt he's tied to a contract.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Apparently the auction is over. Hold on to your butts...

From crazy Japanese hobbies. The other company in the holding is making these pachinko machines.
    Oh those crazy Japaneses :)

Makes sense. Then I guess Sega might be a good choice if the vast majority of their income is NOT video game related.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

http://kotaku.com/5978429/this-is-the-letter-that-thq-sent-to-employees-today

• Sega agreed to purchase Relic
    • Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
    • Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
    • Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve and
    • Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park

Everything went better than expected! Koch Media and Crytek are laughing all the way to the bank, especially Crytek who got Homefront for free since they were being paid to develop it anyway! They got it for the minimum price apparently.

EDIT: Oh, screw you SirKickasalot! Nicely, that is. I'll add in some details:

Koch Media's gaming label is Deep Silve, notable publishing for them includes Dead Island and the X space-sim series. Their purchase of Metro should only be publishing rights, as 4A Studios is independent and only they had the license for the Metro franchise.

With regards to Crytek and Homefront, as SirKicksalot mentioned above, they're working on the sequel. This is surely an IP ownership grab. I had read a floated idea that they only paid $500,000 though, which is the smallest bid I believe.

Ubisoft's purchase of South Park will again, likely only be for publishing.

In addition, some IPs, along with the Vigil development studio, have not been sold.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 23-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.