Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    It's covered the jobs of thousands of people, including the loss of jobs of a few hundred. Not to mention favourite franchises and the like possibly going dead. I will sorely miss Darksiders, unless it is picked up. I was disappointed with DS2, but it was still good and DS1 was a damn good title.
    Yeah, actually on that note. I haven't bought Darksiders 2 yet (because I still haven't finished the first), but I have every intention to. With the franchise not being bought I'm abit worried I might miss out, think it's worth purchasing now or should I wait and see what happens?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Currently it's still technically owned by THQ, so until THQ goes completely, you should be alright to purchase it. That said, you can probably pick it up cheap *somewhere*, even if it's bundled with DS1. Like I said on the previous page, if you were planning on using any serial codes you had for THQ games, you should use them now. I think the same could be said with wanting to buy out-right.

If you guys want a bit of a depressing, but somewhat uplifting read, one of the Vigil devs made a post on NeoGAF I recommend reading.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Obscure Node
    I will never forget you THQ. Dawn of War is one my favourite ever games, and although the sequel was nothing in comparison, you will always hold a place in my heart!

If you want to be ever depressed, Game Informed released a video of them having a tour around Vigil while Darksiders 2 was in development.

The fact that we won't be a conclusion to Darksiders 1's finale is absolutely awful. Argh.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 23-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well its not that bad again,allot of the studios were already bought. For example SEGA bought RELIC,which is great if you ask me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Wow.

So.

Uhm.

There might be some hope for Vigil (or part of it, anyway) and DarkSiders. From a completely unexpected place, too.

25 minutes ago, one of the bigshots from Platinum Games tweeted this:
    THQのスタジオ&IPバラ売りオークションで『DARKSIDERS』売れ残ったってマジか。買いたいな あ…安く…</p>&mdash; 稲葉敦志(Atsushi Inaba) (@PG_inaba)

which pretty much translates to "Darksiders IP going for cheap, I'd like to buy..."

Then about 6 minutes ago, one of the non-japanese people at Platinum tweeted this directed to the lead designer of both Darksiders:

hey man. If anyone is interested in working with/at Platinum let me know how to get ahold of you via DM.</p>&mdash; JP Kellams (@PG_jp)

Platinum and Vigil...and Darksiders? HOLY SHIT! I mean, ahem, let's wait and see this out.

In other news, Darksiders 3 was going to be 4 player co-op.

A 4 player co-op action adventure title. And that won't happen. Thanks Game Industry!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Ben Cureton, the combat designer, has already tweeted expressing interest.

Fuck me. I already wanted Platinum Games' stuff on PC, and this is gonna make me want them even more =(

Considering the people in Vigil went on record saying they wanted to have their combat in the same quality and recognition of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta (and I'm sure one of the main folks behind DMC went to P* for Bayonetta) it's not surprising they'd show interest. That said, it's a far-way out. If someone was going to do Darksiders justice and it couldn't be Vigil, P* would surely be up there though.

EDIT:

In other THQ related news, the WWE license they held has, according to rumours, gone either to EA or Take 2.

THQ's Legacy IPs (ie. those owned by THQ and not any specific studio) will go on sale at the end of the month. This includes Homeworld. I'd imagine there'll be some really interesting stuff here and you might see a bit of a power-play from the other publishers who didn't get involved in this round, who perhaps have no need for a studio, but would happily enjoy a new IP to work with/butcher/enhance/re-release in brand spanking HD/re-release on smart devices (delete as you see fit).
    Last edited by The JG Man; 24-01-2013 at 01:15 AM.