Versus the Infinite Backlog!

Inspired by the efforts of Kelron and Groovychainsaw (among others) I decided to tackle my 300+ strong backlog of games that I still need to play, which extends not only into classic PC Gaming, but into something like the Gamecube games or something. Actually, I'm kind of scared of that part...

Anyway, I made a Steam group for moral support, competition and the like, and I will begin populating my list of the Backloggery. You'll find links to both in my signature.

"Backlogs destroy the gaming market!" (a yet unknown game publisher's spokesperson, 12 months from now)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    "Backlogs destroy the gaming market!" (a yet unknown game publisher's spokesperson, 12 months from now)
    You know that is a scary thought.

"Every purchase of our great games come now with 12 months activation key which can be renewed just for small payment of $14.99. That will ensure that people play games when they supposed to instead of creating a massive backlogs and then not buying new products or skipping new releases. That hurts our business but as well hurts our customers who miss on so much when our games are just brand new"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    "Kids these days won't buy games unless they have cleared their backlog"-Ubisoft interview regarding dip in sales February 2012

"May's first week chart topped by game that sold 15 copies, all bought by development staff of game"-Chartrack interviewed in The Guardian June 2012

"UN commitee calls on valve to begin Christmas sale early" -CNN August

"Coup attempt at Valve hq defeated, Genralisimo GabeN quoted as saying 'repercussions will be harsh'"- BBC

"December 1st, GabeN cancels Christmas sale, by December 7th the world economy is at the brink of collapse" - Crazy man in street December 12

"Cancelled sale part of ARG for Halflife 3,sales include Psyconauts 2 for 15, stock markets re-open."-BBC Emergency Broadcast
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Ah RPS.

Don't shout these too loud, or they are bound to become reality.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I joined up with you on there! I count myself as the third member... what... you guys scared?! ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Shouldn't these all be one thread? Or am I missing something?

Yeah, there's already a thread or two about this in addition to there already being a Steam group...
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    And there's this thread in Game Clubs, etc, where we're trying to pick a game each month and go through it with some moral support, discussion, etc. Seems like the proper place for it if we're trying to establish a group for backlog tackling purposes.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    And there's this thread in Game Clubs, etc, where we're trying to pick a game each month and go through it with some moral support, discussion, etc. Seems like the proper place for it if we're trying to establish a group for backlog tackling purposes.
    Thanks for that. I'll have to pass on the Game Club for now, since I've set my priorities already, but I'll bookmark it for future reference.