Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Well, it was on sale already and I still couldn't be bothered to grab it.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe one day.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I know how you feel. Incidentally, playing Sonic Rush on the DS, where the physics are basically those used in S4, I think I'd be able to play S4 now. I dunno. Playing it on the DS almost gave it an excuse, but it managed to just work. With tidied physics in Ep 2, the only real concern I have is for the actual level lay-outs.

As for sales, well the summer sale should be at the end of June. Wait a month after release and pick up both for probably the price of one.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Might do. Although my main Sonical sale goal is to grab the PC version of Generations and experience it again on the One True Platform (and then I might actually get to satisfy my sudden urges to randomly replay certain levels, instead of having the significant other's PS3 hogging block the way).
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

If anyone downloaded the Sonic 2 HD Alpha, you'll want to delete it in its entirety due to it including a keylogger. You can do this by deleting the raw files/folders, both the download zip and the extracted folder, as well as going into the registry and deleting and deleting the folder named NakaSMK. The chain for that is HKEY_CURRENT_USERS/Software/NakaSMK.

It's probably also worth saying that the Sonic 2 HD project will likely die a very quick death now.

In slightly more optimistic news, feedback coming out of PAX East suggests that Episode 2 is shaping up to be pretty good!

Well crap, that might put Sega in a position to stamp on these various fan projects. Too bad, from what I can tell the Sonic CD project turned out very well.

They won't stamp it out. They're obviously very supportive of the community, which is certainly crazy given said craziness. Besides, with Sonic CD, not only did they have that game, but they had an engine. Should we get Sonic 5...I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it use that; physics are done, controls already existing etc. The only thing you'd need to add would be the actual content.

If there were previous C&Ds, maybe. The Sonic Fan Remix was halted due to it being too much work/personal constraints, but Sega clearly listened and you can see its obvious impact in Generations' Green Hill Zone. Besides, the fan community is really all Sega has for Sonic at the moment, not until the brand is completely allayed of its issues.

So it turns out it was a false positive of a false positive, possibly the worst series of events you could have. There is no keylogger, your computer and details are safe and you can go back to downloading the Sonic 2 HD Alpha again.

Something a bit more optimistic.

Bonus secret video.

Sonic 2 HD is officially cancelled. Ah well.

The next Sonic title due out is 4: Episode 2, some time in May. All signs point to it being okay at the moment.

So, Episode 2 was leaked on Steam for a little bit. I won't link to any of the many, many video clips put out, but general response seems to be that if you liked Ep 1, you'll like Ep 2 more and if you didn't, still don't bother.

Activated Node
    I say do bother. It's far, far better than episode 1. My only gripe with it is the level design in certain areas, and the bad instrumentation of the music(the tunes are good but the instruments feel really out of place by now). Hopefully the community will do some nice remixes tho.

Like what it could've been...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDesOiEh3Fk

My other main problem is that the render is hardcoded internally to 720p and scaled. But that could just be a beta issue... hopefully?

I loved that remix. The clapping at the beginning just seems to fit perfectly. Shame about the rest of the music though. I remember listening to the 'Genesis' remix someone did of Splash Hill which made it instantly worth listening to.

Fair enough, I trust your word enough that Ep 2 is worth it. I'll probably pick both up in a Steam related sale.

PS. While you're here, amazing job with the Unleashed porting.