Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Well also the fact that Sega are actually fairly clued up when it comes to pricing. The original All Stars released at 20 too, so it wouldn't be unreasonable. I would like to see a price reduction for waiting, but it's unlikely.

Ahem. Also, I can't wait for any assets to be ripped and to be used for Generations levels. Unless they already took them from it to start with.

EDIT:

I'm going to go with 20. So, I saw at GMG that the game is 20, but has a 10% discount. On top of that, until the 18th of Jan, you can use a discount code (on the front page) to get a further 20% off. By the end, I was able to pay 13.50. I haven't gone for it...yet, but it might be worth investigating. According to GMG too, its release date is the 31st of Jan, which is a Thursday.

Oh, also, the Steam registry suggests a 4-pack, so it might be worth investigating that. I don't want to miss out on getting the GMG deal though as it seems particularly great. We'll see what happens in the mean time.

EDIT THE SECOND:

It's now up on Steam. 20, with a 10% pre-order bonus. 4-pack is 53, making it 13.25. Given the price difference between it and GMG being fairly negligible, I'll happily go in if other people are interested.

And release date is confirmed 31st Jan.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 10-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Me and a bunch of IRL friends are looking for a 4th for the 4-pack. If you still haven't grabbed it and you're interested, you'd be instantly in.

I invested in the GMG version last night. I knew I should've waited a tad longer! D'oh! Well, at least there'll be someone playing this game when it comes out!

Ah well, we'd rather do a 4pack, but if need be, we'll buy it from GMG aswell.

For comparison.

That...actually looks kinda fun.

Unleashed Project update.

Seems the mod will be with us soonish. Estimated size is 3gb. The final level list is:

Windmill Isle - Tutorial
    Windmill Isle
    Savannah Citadel
    Rooftop Run (Unleashed version)
    Dragon Road
    Cool Edge
    Arid Sands
    Empire City
    Jungle Joyride

When I've watched videos of Unleashed before, Cool Edge has never really done much for me, but hey ho. It looks polished and enjoyable enough, but I maintain my previous thought.

In other Sonic news:
    -All Stars Racing Transformed is out on Thursday on PC.
    -Rumoured announcement of a new title early Feb. There's a day-long Sega live-stream thing, including a part from Sonic Team. The fact the latter is happening gives some credence to the rumour as the dates would align (the 2nd), so we'll see. It's about time a new main-line title was announced. Or Episode 3. We can only live in hope of the former.

Cool Edge is really fun to play. The moments where you make an acquaintance with some of the local wildlife are wonderful. One of my favourite Unleashed levels, actually.

Also, according to the rumours there will be an announcement for a new mainline title come next month, with possibly a teaser on the early Feb stream and proper reveal later in the month. A 'credible source' has already detailed some gameplay information but A) rumours and B) we'll see next month anyway (hopefully) whether they're true. But I'd say it's pretty much certain we're getting a new Sonic title announcement.
    Last edited by Flint; 29-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Vroom. Vrooom. Vrooooooooooooooooooom. Racers, Sonic racers! Start. Your. Engines.

It seems like a decent amount of us now have Racing Transformed and want to play online. So, what better way to do it then playing with fellow RPSers?

Here's what I propose:
    The game - Racing Transformed
    The when - 3.30pm GMT, Saturday (16th)
    The what - 'Lucky Dip' racing and arena mixed action fun
    The who - Whoever wants to turn up.

It'd probably be best to add people on Steam prior (you can find my profile in my signature). Interested? Why not say so here and let's get some hype going!

That'd be 4:30 my timezone... I might be able to show up for a bit.

Will try to be there, quite digging the game apart from the dwarf who was a massive anticlimax after unlocking him.

Any voice-commage going to occur over Mumble or stick to the in-game comms?

If most people are playing with controllers, my only thought is that mumble might be quite hard to navigate. Not to mention the fact, it's unlikely you'll want to be communicating with people who aren't in your game. If it gets popular enough where having a channel may not harm, then maybe I'll look into it, but I doubt that. The main thing of this event, I think, is for Racing Transformed players of RPS to know who each other is, make friends and then be able to shout out randomly going "Hey, gonna play Transformed, wanna join me?" or something like that.