Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Thanks, I'll get that next time I play then!

Any word from Sega to you guys? Obviously people have thrown around the notion that Sega might not be particularly keen in having part of one of their games lifted from one to another, although I can't see how this isn't a good thing in this case (you're hardly depriving them of sales, for one thing). If anything, it speaks to how Sonic Team really dropped the ball in one of the few games where DLC wasn't just desired, but could fit perfectly into the game without breaking any sort of narrative cohesion.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    Nothing yet.

Let's hope it stays that way, unless it's a "Well done on a good job" kinda thing.

Gosh darn it...

Well, it's not all​ bad. Loving the challenge in this! Been able to beat JJ as Modern now in 4.25, problem is I cannot do it with a full compliment of rings. Really bringing my score down!

The Nintendo Direct broadcast is occurring now, and it appears that Sonic's new exclusive home is the Wii U/3DS ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It's just one game, SEGA is in no situation to give full exclusivity to anyone. Nintendo would have to pay with their blood to be able to buy full exclusivity.
    This is probably similar to those exclusive Wii Sonic games deal (Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings).

Sonic: Lost World, and that one screencap do look interesting enough. Very zone based (which is good). I mean I was already planning on getting a 3DS XL, so yay for me, but I imagine after the Wii U version bombs because the Wii U is bombing, they'll be forced to port it just to make any money off the project. Either way, after first hearing the name (the claim for the website was noticed yesterday) I did think it'd be another game in their storybook series, like Rauten mentioned above, but yeah...if it's a Sonic franchise publishing exclusive, then we can kiss goodbye to any new Sonic games on the PC for a while.

We'll have to wait and see for more details.

Anyhow, I was going to post a few more tid-bits that'd come up recently.

If you own a 3DS, you'll be happy to know there's a new version of Sonic 1 being (re)released that enables 3D viewing. There's a few other smaller features that don't necessarily contain any noticeable weight, but it's there if you want.

The Retro engine that powered the recent re-release of CD is being put to good use again; an improved version of Sonic 1 is now available on iOS and Android. If you already own the game, it's a free update. Basically, remixed/enhanced music, widescreen, unlockable playable characters, optional spin dash etc. No other platforms confirmed, but it will hopefully roll out elsewhere. Murmured plans for similar treatment to Sonic 2 as well (and I imagine if the sales all do well that 3&K would be somewhat inevitable).

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    It's just one game, SEGA is in no situation to give full exclusivity to anyone. Nintendo would have to pay with their blood to be able to buy full exclusivity.
    This is probably similar to those exclusive Wii Sonic games deal (Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings).
    I was wondering about that. I'm not watching the broadcast, so I'm trying to find text. Nintendolife's life reporting only mentioned Lost World, but a brief IGN update seemed to imply all future Sonic games. I guess I'll wait for a comprehensive write-up.

Just found this link with a copy of the PR sent out.

It seems to imply that the only exclusives would be Lost World, the new Mario and Sonic Olympics game (it did sell well on the Wii/DS, so that's perfectly understandable and at the end of the day is just a mini-game collection that I'm sure no-one will lose sleep over) and maybe virtual console releases of Game Gear games.

So, whilst Lost World might look cool (I envisage it being a sequel of sorts to Colours) I think it'll simply mean longer till we get something, not that we won't for a considerable amount of time. Bearing in mind there are now two Sonic Team teams, there's nothing to say we won't get an announcement for another, more general market game somewhere down the line.

EDIT: He'll also appear in the next Smash Bros. game for sure.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 17-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.