Activated Node

Pretty Strange Save Issue in BG

I know this isn't typically a board for game issues but I know if there's one forum on the net where I'm bound to meet someone that's had this strange issue it's rps. No matter where I save in the game, with any save: quick, named, or auto, I load to the same exact place in the dungeon under Cloakwood. I was pretty ripshit when I was a few hours past this part and died and found that all 3 of my saves loaded to here, I tested it out, and every new save still loads here. It was obviously a real save location at one point given that its right before a level change (an autosave). If it means anything at all, I'm using BG Trilogy and I believe restoring my pc earlier today must've had something to do with it. I'd really appreciate any help, I really want to continue playing again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks like an issue with BGT. Best thing you can do is backup the save and reinstall the game. After that you can hopefully progress from this point.

Hrmmm..... what version of Windows are ye be using?
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    You'd be better off posting a note to Ascension64 on the SpellHoldStudios forum then here (SHS is the home of BGT).

are you running it through steam perchance? one issue i had in doing so, with both baldur's and icewind dale, was that it wouldn't save or read previous saves properly. oddness, to be sure.
    also in win7 IE games sometimes don't seem to like being run from inside the program files folder.
    Last edited by Memph; 21-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.