Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Return of the LOTRO Group!

So, me and squirrelfanatic were talking and we would like to bring this back. Any of the old guard interested in playing around casually would be ace, and new people who feel like having their levelling experience smoothed by a few higher level chars are also very welcome. Server is Laurelin, hope to see you there. (Pitch for new guys: it's a really nice, often beautiful MMO which allows you to wader through Hobbiton, climb Weathertop and dive into Moria. Speaking personally, that's massive wish fulfilment going on right there.) If this time we add each other in steam and add LOTRO as a non steam game we'll be able to tell when others are playing and dive in ourselves, which I think was sort of why the last group slowed down and stopped.

Oh, also forgot to link to the (somewhat out of date spreadsheet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    ...climb Weathertop and dive into Moria. Speaking personally, that's massive wish fulfilment going on right there.
    Hell yeah!

This is a beautiful game, it's free to play and you get a lot of content, even if you don't want to pay any real money on it. Personally, I have no experience with grouping for dungeons, but it is supposed to be great fun and we have even got a fellowship/guild running.

I'll jump back in!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ping me on steam if anyone starts playing again

It looks like our kinship has reached kinship rank 7, meaning we could buy a kinship house now. That would be great, however I fear we won't be able to pay the weekly upkeep to maintain it. The cheapest of the available kinship houses cost 14g 250s with a weekly (!) upkeep of 285s.

I guess there are ways to easily generate this amount of money (especially for the upkeep) if you play regularly and know what you are doing. But at the moment I personally wouldn't be able to play that much. I am happy to discuss things however if someone comes up with a nice (financing) plan. :)

That's p cool, but I've still got the currency cap so can't really help out too much. The 285s weekly isn't too big a deal, it's just the big first hit that would be a problem.

I found myself never wanting to leave the Shire when I played, frankly. If you had been able to level crafting separate from combat, I'd probably still be playing my chef / minstrel (you can load real songs into an app and play them for others in the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by torgen View Post
    ...you can load real songs into an app and play them for others in the game.
    Honestly, this sounds like an unbelievably cool idea to implement into a game.

@Rakysh: Maybe we can find someone with a monthly subscription to handle the broker stuff. I read up some guides at mmo minstrel on chest running. Seems to be pretty manageable as soon as you've got a character with a high enough level (55+ I think).

downloading and going to give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Honestly, this sounds like an unbelievably cool idea to implement into a game.

@Rakysh: Maybe we can find someone with a monthly subscription to handle the broker stuff. I read up some guides at mmo minstrel on chest running. Seems to be pretty manageable as soon as you've got a character with a high enough level (55+ I think).
    I forgot to mention that, if are a real musician, you can play songs in the game using your computer keyboard as well. I can't carry a tune in a bucket, so use the songs transcribed into ABC notation. Check The Fat Lute website for more info. (sorry, don't have the URL handy.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I dont really find the time any more but I am happy to give the Kinship my gold etc

That'd be really nice. Also, I love that the Human Bean is your avatar, so you are now the best person.

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    downloading and going to give it a go!
    Great! Have a look at the spreadsheet and just give us a shout if you see us online. There are a few people that can add you to our kinship (me included) if you give us your name. See you around!

Having real difficulty creating an account. Have tried Turbine but they're not very helpful. Enter my details into the create account page and it just sits there. Yeah i got the right account page and i can fill in forms and i have tried multiple user names. Frustrating.

Bummer, that's unfortunate. I just tried it myself and had no trouble registering a new account. Maybe it's a temporary thing? Have you tried registering from another computer?

try turning adblock off.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Tempted to start playing with ya'll... haven't really ever played this game past about level 24 (Man Captain). But, at the moment, I think I'm suffering from MMO burnout which is really too bad. Hope you guys continue to enjoy yourselves though, it's a great great game!

Fair enough. If you're interested, there's a place for you :)

Obscure Node
    I've been levelling an RK recently (called Temetra). I had a poke around with the social search, but haven't found you guys yet.

Anyone tried the instance finder? Thinking about giving it a go, but I'm reticent about noobing up the place and getting yelled at.