Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    New turn's up, i'll set a soft deadline for this time next week and everyone should be back by then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Crikey, the Ryl'eh chaps are bit nasty - I counted a good number of those illithid types. Anyone got a good cure for their whole army getting paralysed immediately - I may not be long for this world without a counterpunch! :-D
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Crikey, the Ryl'eh chaps are bit nasty - I counted a good number of those illithid types. Anyone got a good cure for their whole army getting paralysed immediately - I may not be long for this world without a counterpunch! :-D
    Ahh I see that he's finally emerged and siezed some land and grabbed a beachhead... The only real advise I could advise if make sure you "Target Archers" in the scripts as the Mind-blasting squiddies count. However If your lacking in arrows then that's problimatic.... Only thing else is soulless or mindless which is undead/constructions. Issue there is you need someone to lead them into battle and if they're not Undead/mindless then the whole squid armor will be only targeting him....which means a short battle....

Now they've landed I'll be having a think about what else can be done!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yup, Pythium really are a bit screwed, the only missile troops we have are slingers (who need to run at them to get in range). I do have 2 fall-back plans. But I'm not going to reveal those yet (and neither are foolproof). He's only faced the weakest of my 3 armies so far, and I kinda stumbled into him by accident and only fell back because my own commander walked into my hydras (an occupational hazard for pythium). The early skirmish (and education) may prove fortuitous. Or it may prove to be an evil portent of what's to come. We shall see :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Spare me! I'm just squids and fishies!
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    Spare me! I'm just squids and fishies!
    It's a trap! Throw him back into the sea!

Don't worry Pythium, you may still survive longer than the Glorious Nation of Bandar Log. Turns out when you field an army composed mainly of 5 hp archers, its really hard to fight an army with archers that outrange them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    Don't worry Pythium, you may still survive longer than the Glorious Nation of Bandar Log. Turns out when you field an army composed mainly of 5 hp archers, its really hard to fight an army with archers that outrange them.
    Yeah my spys saw what happened to your Pretender at the siege.... I suspect you may have had more luck with different combat scriptings. You lost a few mages on the first turn as you troops were too close to them and the first barrage of arrows meant some were bound to hit the mages hiding amongst them. Also you pretender seemed to spend too much time casting defensive spells and then seemed to just start randomising the offensive spells he was pumping out. Least that was my take from the side lines. :-)

Yeah, scripting more than a few units is something I am terrible at, that battle actually went remarkably well compared to a few others... In terms of spells I didn't really have much to cast offensively, but I guess casting anything would have helped. If I only had some tigers =(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, scripting more than a few units is something I am terrible at, that battle actually went remarkably well compared to a few others... In terms of spells I didn't really have much to cast offensively, but I guess casting anything would have helped. If I only had some tigers =(
    Aye well this is only me 2nd MP but the other one has been going on since december so around turn 28ish, got to the point where armies are large enough that I've gotten used to scrpting across different commanders and units!

Having said that you seem to have grasped the almighty communion which is still something that evades me!

Network Hub
    I laughed, you cried, I shot more arrows.

I'm doing a write up of my view of the game, when I finish rooting out the remains of your troops do you want to read what i've got so far? (subject to a promise not to pass on info to the others).

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Yup, Pythium really are a bit screwed, the only missile troops we have are slingers (who need to run at them to get in range)...
    I on the other hand Boo have just demonstrated i've got lots of long ranged soon to be extra accurate bowmen, I see your troops off my coast and am happy to welcome them - I won't throw them back we'll just have a nice feast ;-) .

I would love to have an update on whats going on, though I have to say I wouldn't mind if your account ends pretty soon after mine. While I had hoped to last long enough to field some of the actually cool stuff BL gets, its certainly been a good learning experience.

Still holding out on someone sending me some stuff to kit out my pretender as an SC, any takers? I just need everything, also a lab.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    I'm doing a write up of my view of the game, when I finish rooting out the remains of your troops do you want to read what i've got so far? (subject to a promise not to pass on info to the others).
    I was planning on doing the same but dithered too much and have failed to take a single screen shot so far. Quite possible far too late so I’ll likely leave it now till the next game!

While I had hoped to last long enough to field some of the actually cool stuff BL gets, its certainly been a good learning experience.
    Aye that’s the main thing, won’t take long for people to start fallen and another game can be set up sooner or later! One of the advantages to having AI pretenders is that it’s often early mid-game before the full on player on player wars kick off meaning you’ve nation is more developed, having said that the early aggression is fun to watch if your not directly involved!

Network Hub
    I've not actually taken any screen shots myself, it'll mostly be text. If you definatly want screen shots though all you need to do is copy over the relevant turn from the dropbox archive all the files are complete.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    I've not actually taken any screen shots myself, it'll mostly be text. If you definatly want screen shots though all you need to do is copy over the relevant turn from the dropbox archive all the files are complete.
    .....Ingenius sir. Well played.

I want to know what I missed in the first year as well. Was too busy conquering the sea :P

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoo View Post
    I want to know what I missed in the first year as well. Was too busy conquering the sea :P
    You'll have to wait for it, i'll only be sending it to laisikbear once i've finished wiping him out I spend a fair bit of text in the beginning giving an assesment of my side, reasons for pretender choice and proposed tactics.

Later as I come across others I've got more on my perceptions of others so mainly what i've got so far pertains to bandar log but your featured as well, partly because r'lyeh was my first choice of side and partly because I origionally thought my first sighting of black candles was you.

>Can't wait for the next turn<

Network Hub
    Deadline's tonight.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ahh I do love me a deadline night, also good to have something to look forward to while stuck at work and cannae wait to see if my sneaky move has panned out.

If it has... sorry but consider it a valuable lesson in stuff...