Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 523
  1. #81
    Lesser Hivemind Node Nullkigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    New turn files uploaded!
    Wrong folder, again? :)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

  2. #82
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Lies! All the files are there I tell ye!

  3. #83
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    611
    Something funny has happened with the files... you didn't process any of my orders last turn. I'm very confused.

  4. #84
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Eh? Has anyone else had this problem? I can try and go back to the archieve turns and redo, see if that works?

  5. #85
    My turns was fine, I don't mind redoing it but we need to backup everything and ensure it works (I had problems with rolling back in the back).
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

  6. #86
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Hmmm I think I have back ups of everyone's turns except for mine..... Riadsala can you try and redownload your turn and try once more on the off chance. I've un-deleted it so it's back in the Dropbox folder, if not....I'll have to have a think :-)

  7. #87
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Hmmm I think I have back ups of everyone's turns except for mine..... Riadsala can you try and redownload your turn and try once more on the off chance. I've un-deleted it so it's back in the Dropbox folder, if not....I'll have to have a think :-)
    Cheers, I'll have a look this evening.

  8. #88
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Hmmm I think I have back ups of everyone's turns except for mine..... Riadsala can you try and redownload your turn and try once more on the off chance. I've un-deleted it so it's back in the Dropbox folder, if not....I'll have to have a think :-)
    I get the same thing... the only thing in my inbox is a proclemation. All my orders have vanished.

    Do you think it would be possible to re-process turn 5? I can reupload my 2h file? Maybe it got screwed up at my end?

  9. #89
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Hey dude, I've upload the original file in case something went wrong. I'm gonna have to try and figure out how I can reprocess the turn. I backed up everyone's turns except mine which means we would end up outta since, not sure how I can double back due to this eh....oversight!

  10. #90
    Lesser Hivemind Node Nullkigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    729
    Take a deep breath before posting/uploading/etc :P

    You mean 'synch' not 'since', right?


    1. If you reprocess then the current turn becomes invalid for everyone, going double for the orders already put in by Arco and Abysia.
    2. If you did reprocess and continued then as your (the host's) game would use the new reality everyone else would have synch issues, probably losing their next turn? (??? everyone would have to use the new turn files to fix this)
    3. You can't reprocess because your own old turns weren't backed up


    There's no way around #3.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

  11. #91
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Take a deep breath before posting/uploading/etc :P

    You mean 'synch' not 'since', right?


    1. If you reprocess then the current turn becomes invalid for everyone, going double for the orders already put in by Arco and Abysia.
    2. If you did reprocess and continued then as your (the host's) game would use the new reality everyone else would have synch issues, probably losing their next turn? (??? everyone would have to use the new turn files to fix this)
    3. You can't reprocess because your own old turns weren't backed up


    There's no way around #3.
    Dropbox automatically keeps hold of everything though does it not? I'm puzzled as to what has happened... did I somehow manage to submit a turn with no orders in it? Seems a strange thing for me to do.

  12. #92
    Lesser Hivemind Node Nullkigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    729
    There are certain events that can override your orders (iirc), but you should usually get messages about being interrupted.

    It's possible Sarigs failed to copy your turn over correctly? His own turns are the ones not backed up because they don't need to go through drop box.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

  13. #93
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Take a deep breath before posting/uploading/etc :P

    You mean 'synch' not 'since', right?
    1. If you reprocess then the current turn becomes invalid for everyone, going double for the orders already put in by Arco and Abysia.
    2. If you did reprocess and continued then as your (the host's) game would use the new reality everyone else would have synch issues, probably losing their next turn? (??? everyone would have to use the new turn files to fix this)
    3. You can't reprocess because your own old turns weren't backed up
    There's no way around #3.
    Aye this. The files I processed are definitely the right ones. I take all 5 files from drop box as a bulk file and extract all 5 to the save folder in one go.
    I suppose it's possible you may have gone back into the turn and micclicked redo from start or submitted a previous turn

    Edit: And FYI I'll be sure to back up my turn file as well going forward!

  14. #94
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Aye this. The files I processed are definitely the right ones. I take all 5 files from drop box as a bulk file and extract all 5 to the save folder in one go.
    I suppose it's possible you may have gone back into the turn and micclicked redo from start or submitted a previous turn
    I guess that's me buggered up my opening then.

    Oh well

  15. #95
    I am okay skipping 1 turn so we will all be on the same level (if everyone besides riadsala agree to do so as well).
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

  16. #96
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    462
    It seems a bit meaner now but as per a message I sent him I'm sending raiding partys riadsala's way to cause unrest and preach against his domain until I get a gold payment, at which point they'll wander elsewhere.

  17. #97
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
    It seems a bit meaner now but as per a message I sent him I'm sending raiding partys riadsala's way to cause unrest and preach against his domain until I get a gold payment, at which point they'll wander elsewhere.
    And the orders I put in to deal with this and counter attack appear to have vanished in fine air.

    As we're only on turn 5, one solution would be to just start again? If we can all be online at the same time, we could go the first 5 turns in half an hour.

    Otherwise, I guess I just unhappily lump it.

  18. #98
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    And the orders I put in to deal with this and counter attack appear to have vanished in fine air.

    As we're only on turn 5, one solution would be to just start again? If we can all be online at the same time, we could go the first 5 turns in half an hour.

    Otherwise, I guess I just unhappily lump it.
    I think it comes down to this: Has this error screwed you over? If it is going to shape your game for the next X turns then frankly I'm in favour of starting over and either speeding through a bunch of times if we can get everyone online at the same time one evening/weekend or maybe doing a few days of 1 turn per day (Early game realistically only takes a ten minutes or so to do a turn)

    We're early enough to cut and run/start over so if you can give us a answer we can go from there. This is clearly a file error or mistake by riadsala followed by my cock up of not backing up my own file so we can't roll back. Fairs fair.

    So speaketh the host.

    Having said that if anyone one has any other realistic or fair ideas let us know.

  19. #99
    Lesser Hivemind Node Nullkigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    729
    I've got 12.2k words written about the current game so far, but I guess we could go for a restart. We could even canvas for additional players again.

    The majority of time taken so far has been down to negotiations rather than playing.

    Without knowing what Riadsala planned to do I can't say how badly he was affected by the missed turn. I could speculate, but that'd be unfair to him and give others an advantage if I'm right. I'm not convinced that it's a significant factor in the longer term, however. Certainly, I've made a couple of mistakes that amount to skipping 1.5 turns (plus other negative side effects).

    I could agree to the rest of us skipping a turn if that's how the wind is blowing, however.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

  20. #100
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hastings, Southeast
    Posts
    517
    Okie-Doke:

    Let's put this down to a vote:

    Option A) Everyone other then Riadsala submits a "empty turn" ie no orders. Riadsala can take his turn as normal but should NOT attack other players as he can see other armys and they will be unable to withdraw/reinforce. Of course there is no way of knowing if a empty turn has been submitted as we won't know if recruiting has taken place, stealthers moved etc other then the graphs which I can't remember if I enabled or not :-/ We shall just have to trust everyone not to be scummy about it.

    Option B) We dump the game and see if any other players want to join and then restart. This would be the longest option as if we have new players would involve new map, new pretenders and new nation picks.

    Option C) Dump the game immediately restart same map/nations and try to cane through some turns and make up for last option.

    Option D - Open to Riadsala only) If your prepared to take it on the chin and just keep on playing taking the lost turn if your stride then you will be awesome and declared King of the Early Game.



    And Nullkigan I think it's more a issue that due to us being clumped up and jostling with eachother we have limited space and are already on each others borders. Missing a turn means province/space/cut off and from what Jarvis suggested it's already kicking off so could be quite a affect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •