Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Yup, got both. Can't nail what's going wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    use JSRS instad

Don't crucify me, please, but I've never really played ArmA and I'm going to get it for 6$ in two days time and I wonder how much time does it take to get a grip of this thing? Is it really as hard as people say it is?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
    Don't crucify me, please, but I've never really played ArmA and I'm going to get it for 6$ in two days time and I wonder how much time does it take to get a grip of this thing? Is it really as hard as people say it is?
    Depends. I tend to play something that does not require me to use anything that can kill people (read: my own team). Medics are always needed I guess.

I can't speak for difficulty or anything, as I don't own ArmA...but I'm interested in getting it, and was just wondering where you found it at $6? Of course, chances are it won't be available over here in Blighty, but thought I'd check...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyndylan View Post
    I can't speak for difficulty or anything, as I don't own ArmA...but I'm interested in getting it, and was just wondering where you found it at $6? Of course, chances are it won't be available over here in Blighty, but thought I'd check...
    Well, there's this gaming mag in Poland, CD-Action, and it's just giving it as a bonus to the magazine this month (http://www.cdaction.pl/news-19680/za...pec-12011.html) along with some paper RPG system, everything for $6 along with the magazine. Last month there was Resident Evil 5, Mythos, Sam & Max ep1 and GT Racing and the month before Torchlight etc.

Well, there's this gaming mag in Poland, CD-Action, and it's just giving it as a bonus to the magazine this month (http://www.cdaction.pl/news-19680/za...pec-12011.html) along with some paper RPG system, everything for $6 along with the magazine. Last month there was Resident Evil 5, Mythos, Sam & Max ep1 and GT Racing and the month before Torchlight etc.
    Wow! Alright for some... I'll just have to hang on for a decent offer over here. Hopefully Steam will come up trumps, but I think I missed it fairly recently, so I'm not holding much hope. Maybe I'll jump on board with ArmA 3, as and when, but that'll probably need a new computer as well!

Network Hub
    As I mentioned earlier if you come play with us you will pick up the basics very easily. The more techinical stuff takes a bit of learning but it is no different to any other shooter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    The thing where it becomes different is the Do it Yourself approach Arma more or less needs. There's some missions included by default, but they re not very special. There's, however, tons of stuff avialable to play with. You just need someone to put that stuff to use. That's, for example, ARPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    The thing where it becomes different is the Do it Yourself approach Arma more or less needs. There's some missions included by default, but they re not very special. There's, however, tons of stuff avialable to play with. You just need someone to put that stuff to use. That's, for example, ARPS.
    Can we please play that mission with the inkspots intro again, Grizzly has a beautiful singing voice and I enjoyed being serenaded.

Bump for Grizzly voice!

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyardJimmy View Post
    Can we please play that mission with the inkspots intro again, Grizzly has a beautiful singing voice and I enjoyed being serenaded.
    I missed Grizzly's singing? Awww maaaan.

Reminder: Folk session is tonight (Sunday 05 June) at 19:30 UK (20:30 European). As ever, all RPS comrades are welcome and if we get the numbers we'll run Incohate Spatula. Details of how to connect to the Folk servers are in the OP of this thread. For collective farms!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    I would, but I cant remember the name of the mission. It had an awesome music intro and was named something like hinds and alligators. Bot times we tried enemies spawned in the base and kamikazed the helicopters we were supposed to protect. It may have been possible but you need to be aware from the start and able to take out the helicopters almost instantly, then move quickly to support the MI-8s so they dont get AA hitting them.

I edited the sheet, maybe someone could clarify all my (?) notes.

The one with The Inkspots wasn't Hinds and Alligators.

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    The one with The Inkspots wasn't Hinds and Alligators.
    No, I was adding the hinds and alligators one to the spreadsheet because we tried it twice and it ended in mission failure, even when we knew what was coming.

I think I should reiterate a couple of things that don't seem exactly clear to those looking to get in on some ArmA with the RPS crew:
    • The minimum for play on the RPS server is ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. However, it is highly reccommended that you own Combined Operations (both the original ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead) as it is necessary for a large number of our missions.
    • ArmA 2 is not the impenetrable clusterfudge of a game that some people make it out to be. At first, the controls list can seem daunting; but once you get the basics from the in built tutorials - i.e general movement, aiming and using the scroll wheel action menu - you should be fine to hop on to multiplayer and join us.
    • If there's anything you don't understand whilst playing, or you get cut off/left behind by the main force, don't be afraid to speak up. We don't bite... mostly.
    • We aren't a super hardcore elite bunch of players. You won't hear anyone saying that they're "Oscar Mike" or somesuch nonsensical bollocks. Not there that there wont be any nonsensical bollocks, but that's just Alex.

I hope that's cleared a few things about us up a bit... If you have any other questions, then this is the place to ask, as someone far more knowledgeable than me will likely be able to answer them.

Edit: I should also note that the best way to find people playing ArmA and join in is probably the RPS steam group chat.

Edit Edit: This is really late but:
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    I was on a ground attack run WITH MY SWORD.
    <audio src="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14153265/Rvb%20Bowm%20Chicka%20Wow_14.mp3" controls preload> </audio>
    Last edited by egg651; 05-06-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Network Hub
    Or read the OP

Hi. Dropping my head in to point out I exist and can be contacted for serveradmin-y stuff, although you won't see me ingame that often at the moment.