Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1260
    Announcement for the general populace: there are two new (well, not really, since we've already played them a few times) missions on the server, made by yours truly:

Spetsnaz Air, a coop for 4-10 players. CDF squad is sent into Russian-occupied north-eastern Chernarus to take out a Spetsnaz officer. The mission was originally intended as a sort of introductory mission to ArmA2 for my friends, so it has clear tasks with notes on how to get the job done. However, testing sessions have shown there are other ways of completing the main objective too..

Cratesistance, adversarial for minimum of maybe 4 or so players per side. Also has rudimentary coop functionality, which will maybe be improved on later. A heavily randomized mission with locations currently all over western 1/3rd of Chernarus, where CDF is hunting for NAPA equipment caches, and NAPA guerrillas are hunting the CDF. Includes some non-controllable AI troops on NAPA side.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I uploaded a few < 8 player missions to the ARPS server which I tested locally as thoroughly as i could (checking for script errors etc.).

I got a few coop missions with higher player counts in the testing backlog but would prefer to test them locally.

OK, regarding the Invasion 1944 campaign:
    It's been forever since it was initially suggested and we actually started playing the first mission (which failed due to an erroneous intro cinematic and the mission got scrapped). Now, I did find the original post for those whom know not of what I speak:

So, after having played the Invasion 1944 mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465) with ARPS recently, I've decided to make a small campaign for it, to try out some new tactical goodness. It would be approx. 3 missions, one each - presumably - per -DAY TBA- over 3 weeks. Probably 1-2h playtime each, mostly dependent on in-game strategies and efficiency. There'll be sign-ups for playable roles (which are sticky'd for each player through-out) for continuity and tacticalness.. err. Yes.

It would be played on -MAP TBA-, on Veteran, with hierarchical command (Squad > Fireteam > Soldier) and using only direct communication VON. So, perhaps not for everyone. Number of roles depending on people willing. Initally (the minimum required roles are dash:ed):
    It's on. It's never been off, just hibernating. It'll be the same setup as above, pretty much. Because of some audio related comms problems for a few users last time we tested with direct communication, we could do it with mumble only and or group VON. However, I'm still very keen on it being ONLY direct comms with the possibility for intra-group mumble talk. We'll see how it works out. There will also be a requirement for an additional 100MB:ish download which is not Hürtgenwald Forest.

So, roles. The following is the latest setup. Since it was quite a while ago, we'll have to adjust it some and possibly add more fireteams. Initially, those who are already assigned and still want to play will have the same role unless otherwise requested. If you're not on the list and interested, post! Let's get her done!

SQUAD
    Lt. SL - Joseph/Sulphur (M1A1 Carbine)
    Cpl. RTO - Liqourish (M1918A2 BAR)
    Cpl. Medic -Washington (M1 Garand)

ABLE (Assault)
    S Sgt. FTL - SvDvorak (M1A1 Carbine)
    Sgt. Engineer - Nullkigan (M1A1 Thompson)
    Cpl. Soldier - headswe (M1A1 Thompson/Bazooka)
    Pvt. Rifleman - GraveyardJimmy (M1 Garand)

BAKER (Support)
    Sgt. FTL - Ansob (M1A1 Carbine)
    Cpl. Marksman - Stranglove (M1903 Springfield)
    Cpl. Machinegunner - Kataras (M1919A4 .30 cal BMG)
    Pvt. Asst. Machinegunner - egg651 (M1 Garand)
    Pvt. Automatic Rifleman - Alethron (M1918A2 BAR)
    Last edited by washington; 03-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Downloading it now, interested if it's not a pain in the arse to get working.

I'd like to participate, please.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I'm so in. Put me in the German Guilt squad with MrWeed and give me AT or MG/AR.

btw
    We're currently looking for clans and groups of players that would be interested in helping test 2.6 prior to release, we are not currently accepting applications from lone players at this time but may do so closer to the time of release. However if you are part of a clan or group that plays I44 please send me a PM.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 03-11-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Yessir. EXCITING.

Network Hub
    In plz as is needed.

If you can get me a map of the island, I might try sumfink ded kunnin'
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

I'm still up for them double-u double-u two shenanigans. Also, after a quick session of flying with a friend of mine, I've found true happiness in the MV22. It's a proper good machine.

Network Hub
    I don't think they had those in WW2.

I would also like to enlist if any new fireteams become available/or any available slots in existing squads.

I'm in, if direct comm VON is not used. Any non-leader shootyman role is fine.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

I44 you say? Will have to give that a go, what is the latest version?

Also enjoyed being a pilot last night! Sorry for getting pissy about the LZ, I had three people telling me it was in different places, and the one place that I was meant to be going was being defended by a shilka. Not good.

I'll be practicing some more, thought some of my landings needed some improvements and my hydra skills were awesome.

Also Joe sucks at flying the Huey.

Just to put that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeTheMonkey View Post
    I44 you say? Will have to give that a go, what is the latest version?

Also enjoyed being a pilot last night! Sorry for getting pissy about the LZ, I had three people telling me it was in different places, and the one place that I was meant to be going was being defended by a shilka. Not good.

I'll be practicing some more, thought some of my landings needed some improvements and my hydra skills were awesome.

Also Joe sucks at flying the Huey.

Just to put that out there.
    Not as much as your mum... sucks... okay fuck it.

I will take no slander against my Huey flying skills my good man, on the Arma 2 Free server I was straight balling behind the controls of my UH-1Y. I challenge you to Hydras at dawn, 1500 metres, we shall see who the better man is.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

I accept your challenge and raise you to Crazy Race at dawn!

Tally ho old chaps, let's show those Bosch what-for, eh?
    Translation: I am interested in maintaining my slot in the I44 campaign.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m in as well. Was thinking the last few days if I should delete the @I44 folder as there didn't seem to be any news. Good thing I didn't!

Sounds interesting, I'm in.

Still in.

I think at least one more fireteam is in order though, given the interest.
    Multinational man of misery.