Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1260
    I'll be up for it, finished all my uni crap today.

RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    I've managed to edit the Skirmish mission to allow friendly AI squads \o/

Comrades, this Sunday 04 December 2011, the Folk session will be replaced by an invitation to participate in a massive coop mission being run on the LDDK server (other guests include our illustrious comrades from CiA).

Folk has been asked to provide up to 25 brave comrades for this adventure, which will begin slotting at 18:45 UK (19:45 CET). For full details please see the invitation thread in the Folk forum (requires a Folk forum account to view - please do not cross-post details).

Invasion 1944 IS happening next weekend, saturday 10th. Island addon to be announced next week, here are the assigned roles:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0Vpd3JGZ0pqZVE

Sorry for the wait [again]!

That is a sexy spreadsheet.

Shouldn't we have like 3 medics?
    I remember me being pretty overloaded when we were playing that village defense mission. And we were only 5 or 6 people...
    I don't think 2 medics are enough for ~25 people.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by washington View Post
    Invasion 1944 IS happening next weekend, saturday 10th. Island addon to be announced next week, here are the assigned roles:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0Vpd3JGZ0pqZVE

Sorry for the wait [again]!
    I'm afraid to say i wont be able to be in both Able and Baker fireteams simulatenously, as that would require me to have two PCs and I simply lack the coordination to provide fire support for my own advance.

What I'm saying is I'm listed twice :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m in as well. And thanks for all the effort Washington!
    But DOG? Seriously? I hope it's DOG of war or something, not 'you re gonna die like a dog'...

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    But DOG? Seriously? I hope it's DOG of war or something, not 'you re gonna die like a dog'...
    Last edited by egg651; 02-12-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyardJimmy View Post
    I'm afraid to say i wont be able to be in both Able and Baker fireteams simulatenously, as that would require me to have two PCs and I simply lack the coordination to provide fire support for my own advance.
    You're not trying hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Shouldn't we have like 3 medics?
    Possibly, it's not a bad idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post

So here comes ARMA2:OA 1.60 RC (1) : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2065586

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    * Fixed: AI no longer seeing through dense grass
    This alone :D

Network Hub
    but did they actually try a new fix for it?

Obscure Node
    FNG here,

How does one go about joining up with you guys? Are you always taking newbies? When would be the best time to start playing? I'm really excited to try out Arma online and you all seem to be the right bunch to get started with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hideos_Playhouse View Post
    FNG here,

How does one go about joining up with you guys? Are you always taking newbies? When would be the best time to start playing? I'm really excited to try out Arma online and you all seem to be the right bunch to get started with.
    One joins by joining the server when there are people on it. Or by asking around on the RPS steam chat group, so that there will be people on the server (we need more small party missions!).

Also, there is the "FOLK" session, which is this sunday. You can hop in, and join one of the non-leading slots, and you are basically golden. If you have any questions, we will just instruct you.
    If you die, don't worry. We all do. If you get a low kill count, don't worry, we all do (And I go out of my way just to satisfy my bloodthirstyness).

Details:
    Comrades of RPS, your comrades at Folk invite you to join us in the struggle for collectivisation of farms and tractors for all. Here's what you need to know:

Every Sunday at 19:30 British Summer Time (18:30 GMT/UTC / 20:30 Euro Summer Time)

Teamspeak 3
    • Address: server.herosquad.org:9988
    • Password: freedom

Arma 2: Combined Operations
    • Address: server.herosquad.org
    • Port: 2402
    • Password: freedom

NOTE: Folk plays vanilla and the server does not require any addons. You can install and use clientside addons as you wish (exluding ACE2, ACRE). Folk sessions often have one adversarial mission a week, so please be sensible with mods that could unfairly enhance your performance.

Further information on Folk, including a number of After Action Reports, can be found on the Folk forum

but this sunday will be the 64 players epic joint joint joint with CIA and FDDJ. i don't know if all the slots have been taken and if it's that newb-friendly altogether (as there's a minimum of competence expected, i.e. don't point your gun on friendlies and know how to run in the proper direction).

I'd say read the stuff on herosquad.org and linger in the RPS steam chat as that's the place where you can usually find a few ARPS guys. We tend to play the odd game now and then and if you ask for a quick rundown people should be eager to help.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 03-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Crossposting Spinoza from the FOLK forum. Briefing for tomorrow:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza
    The following is a briefing, more detailed orders may follow later. Sorry for possible grammatical errors

Operation Retribution

Basic information:
    About two weeks ago several Western cities were devastated by series of explosions. The United states armed forces with co-operation of a small contingent of German KSK troops have been dispatched to Takistan in an effort to locate and eliminate certain individuals believed to be responsible for the attacks. It is also necessary to destroy the Takistani army so it may never again pose a threat to the peace-loving West. Unfortunately the locals have not met us with open arms, as we hoped, but have activelly opposed our movements. The diplomats failed, its up to you now.

Briefing:
    This operation will not be easy. The enemy is well informed about our situation and will no doubt do their best to terminate our presence. Expect ambushes, air threats and enemy armour. Enemy surface to air weaponry is particularly effective and abundant. The local militia has taken up arms and is trying to slow down our advance to the north so be on the lookout for these people. We have secured some area around the airfield but once you leave the blue rectangular you are entering enemy territory. Good luck!

Missions:
    -Find a eliminate the local warlord.
    -Locate Takistani army SCUD launcher and destroy it.
    -Eliminate the Takistani colonel Aziz.
    -The Takistani army has a supply base in Garmsar, destroy the base and everything in it.
    -If possible, destroy all enemy presence at the enemy airfield but this is not a priority mission (optional).

Equipment and support:
    The allied factions have been assigned vehicles and are located at starting points of respective faction. In addition to vehicles, ammo and weaponboxes are also available at starting points.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7489/retriw.jpg

Obscure Node
    Thanks for your quick and helpful responses guys. Hope to see you online soon. ^_^