Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1260
    Thanks guys, I just ordered Arma X Retail. See you in a few days ;)

The kind people in the RPS Steam group chat helped me set up my copy of ARMA 2: CO. Looking forward to participating!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I killed three enemy guys today, a personal record for me. Don't think I managed a single kill in that Czech mate mission, but I killed a pig cop in the first one (before getting my head blown clean off with a shotgun) and killed two mans in the second.
    Thanks Fer for patching me up all those times :)

Folk: [Sun] 18 December AAR thread is now started on the Folk forum. One special note:

We also used TS3 Channel Commander in the two large co-ops, and I would like in particular to hear (hurr) what people thought of this approach to comms [in the Folk AAR thread]. Feedback you give now will help shape the approach to comms in Folk sessions for Q1 2012, so all thoughts are gratefully received.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Cholo
    The highlight for me was paying back Egg for his treacherous hiding in the construction site. The mission started and I was carefully making my way towards the police station, when someone started to fire on us from the site. I got shot but not wounded, and pretended to fall. I waited a bit, emptied some rounds into the darkness at the site, just for effect. I continued to the station, where someone, I think, was trying to shoot me through the wall or the floor. Then as I was wondering what to do, what do I see? I see Egg dragging his miserable broken body across the road towards the station. I press the space bar to be sure ( I always get confused which side I m on as far as uniforms are concerned) and then proceeded to put him down like a dog.
    I then entered the station, tried to get up the stairs, saw someone moving, emptied a few rounds into them but I was no match for the shotgun...

Czech mate
    Well those Czech weapons are crap! I couldn't even hit a wall with them, so I changed to a FAL when I got the chance. I was really enjoying the mission and our careful advance, until a sniper got me and that was it...

Zargabaddies
    The highlight was of course getting shot by a UAZ, laying there defenseless till someone (Fer?) healed me, at which moment I got up and managed a direct hit on it with my RPG. Then I heard Null order a glorious charge towards the enemy, I stole an RPK from a dead guy and charged for the motherland. I was trying to shoot people with it but no luck. I kept running, wondering why I m not dead yet and I came within 2-3 meters of some bad guys laying down, so I sprayed them with bullets. From that distance it was hard to miss. I then proceeded to stand around, thinking what I should do, I thought everyone else was dead and I didn't even remember anymore what we were supposed to do. Luckily some enemy ended my dilemma with a bullet.

Bedtime

I was paired with Egg (who was kind enough not to bear a grudge for his cold-blooded execution earlier). We spawned, I saw some bad guys way off and of course I opened fire with my little Scorpion. I proceeded to get shot but did not die, so I was laying there in spasms till Egg was kind enough to come and heal me. As soon as he had done that, he got shot by an enemy who was prone 5 meters away from us. I shot the soldier and then revived Egg (is there something bugging the revive script? It only worked on the 4th try although I was getting the prompt) and by that time the mission was successfully over, no thanks to me!

Anyway happy holidays everyone!
    My humble thoughts on last night's session, cross-posted from the FOLK forum...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Can I also just say how much I loved hearing the Assault on Precinct 13 theme at the start of the mission? I love that tune.

It's Tactical Tuesday time again, at 19:30 Brit'o'clock as usual. Don't let the holidays stop you, I will be there and so will you, I hope. Everyone, and by that I mean especially new people, are welcome. If you have any questions or just want to get to know the people, hop on to the RPS Steam chat beforehand.

And to people who haven't yet taken the leap, now's probably a pretty good time to pick up Combined Operations and join in, with the sales and all. CO on Steam shows a price of 12.5 euros for me. That's a lot less than what you'd have to pay to be flown to a deserty / foresty foreign land with your buddies and get shot by bad men.
    Last edited by harakka; 19-12-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Network Hub
    TT in less than 30 minutes!

Godspeed sirs, godspeed. Also, I think that Unaco's plan for Czech Mate may have used a little creative inspiration from my finely honed masterplan from last week's TT... That wily Scot.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Godspeed sirs, godspeed. Also, I think that Unaco's plan for Czech Mate may have used a little creative inspiration from my finely honed masterplan from last week's TT... That wily Scot.
    You don't know what you missed...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    now he will.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I enjoyed Null's mission last Tuesday. I think we moved pretty well under Dvorak's orders but then we arrived at that point where there was nothing else to do than die (and die, and die, and die.. in my case).

I was thinking, maybe we can play it once with a rule to let injured people behind? Like a frantic rush to get to the firebase.

also I saw this:

They should release this for the public, not for training US soldiers.
    Anyway, have a happy holiday and a happy new year everyone and see you in January!

Network Hub
    Yeah was watching that the other day, is quite astonishing in places. I like "material pierceability" as a phrase though, rolls right off the tongue.

Activated Node
    Always thought the Cryengine would be perfect for an Armalike game, only problem is Bohemia are really the only people who make these games and they're a small company with a dedicated but niche market. Don't know that they could afford the engine liscencing costs let alone teaching their whole team to develop on a new engine. (Engine currently used is basically still the OFP engine :P)

^
    |
    |-- > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112877

... for all your platform fanboism requirements ;)

BTW, it's surprising (but not, once you actually think about it) how differently military and consumer users of ostensibly similar software (VBSx and ArmAx) prioritise specific features and capabilities.

Activated Node
    Always thought the Cryengine would be perfect for an Armalike game, only problem is Bohemia are really the only people who make these games and they're a small company with a dedicated but niche market. Don't know that they could afford the engine liscencing costs let alone teaching their whole team to develop on a new engine. (Engine currently used is basically still the OFP engine :P)

The 1.60 patch is finally out. I suggest setting Steam not to update yet though and waiting until the server gets updated first.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

4 games patched (A2, A2: Free, A2: OA, A2: RFT)
    2 DLCs patched (A2: BAF, A2: PMC)

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home...range-released

huge amount of improvements across all parts :)

Operation Arrowhead patched to 1.60
    New features: FXAA Anti-Aliasing mode, user-definable memory allocators, new scripting commands, new commandline options
    Multiplayer is much smoother, no more warping, includes a number of fixes, optimizations and improvements
    Netcode, VON and dedicated server fixes plus configuration additions in place
    Singleplayer received visual states smoothing and prediction (notable e.g. on distant units)
    AI is improved, especially (but not only) in combat, AI has received numerous bug fixes
    Aircraft & Helicopter simulation received slight improvements
    ARMA 2, ARMA 2: OA, ARMA 2: EW campaigns and stand-alone missions received special treatment to get rid of most annoying bugs
    Numerous other small bugs/glitches fixed

Arma 2 patched to 1.11
    Numerous bug fixes, multiplayer code tweaks and mission fixes
    ARMA 2, ARMA 2: OA, ARMA 2: EW campaigns and stand-alone missions received special treatment to get rid of the most annoying bugs

Arma 2:Free patched to 1.11
    MP Code brought into line with Arma 2 for compatibility

BAF patched to 1.03 and PMC patched to 1.02
    Several stability and game saves fixes as well as mission tweaks, also new BAF missions included.
    discuss: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=129042

read readme/changelog
    http://forums.bistudio.com/attachmen...1&d=1324571120

http://www.bistudio.com/happy-holidays/

Back from Netherlands/Germany/Belgium and ready for more Hero Squad nonsense.

Did I miss anything?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harakka View Post
    The 1.60 patch is finally out. I suggest setting Steam not to update yet though and waiting until the server gets updated first.
    Setting steam not to update is impossible. Its very stubborn in that, and blatently ignores your orders.