Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Network Hub
    You can do it as a single order.

Network Hub
    New turn is up.

Network Hub
    New turn is up.

Network Hub
    *confuzzled by dropbox* It looks like the save file was updated today, but I also see our well organised host hasn't cleared out our save files like he normally does, and it looks like it's the same turn.

Do we need to redo our turns?

Nope, all that happened is that my incompetent minions accidentally went and submitted my previous turn by mistake. I'll upload the correct one in a few minutes.

EDIT: aaaand done. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Antares; 10-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Network Hub
    New turn is up, thanks Antares.

Network Hub
    Sorry, I suspect you guys are waiting on me.

I remember loading up the save file, raging at the fact that apparently Places of Power only count as 'enemy' if they're actually owned by another player, and then closing it to consider how to salvage anything from this.

Will load it up again tonight and submit something.

Network Hub
    Apologies again, my turn is now in there.

Hey guys, just a little love tap to say the hell throne can't stay empty forever so lets get things moving!

I will be away from friday to tuesday. Will check orders before I go and when back. Sorry if this causes any delay to the game's progress.

Network Hub
    Unlikely, I'm away too :)

Cool, cheers for the heads up.

Am back......

Oops, it looks like I stalled the game for nearly two weeks before I realised my mistake. I'm terribly sorry gents, won't happen again.

Network Hub
    Ok, new turn up

Network Hub
    New turn is up but it's the last one until the 17th.

Network Hub
    When I read all the AARs of this game, it seemed like this awesome, treacherous, backstabby game. But playing this one, I'm really just...lost. At this stage, I feel so far behind that I'm really not sure how to bother any more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to quit because that would suck for the rest of you, but I'd like some help.

What I'd really appreciate is if you could note down ideas for what you'd do in my place occasionally, to give to me at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    When I read all the AARs of this game, it seemed like this awesome, treacherous, backstabby game. But playing this one, I'm really just...lost. At this stage, I feel so far behind that I'm really not sure how to bother any more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to quit because that would suck for the rest of you, but I'd like some help.

What I'd really appreciate is if you could note down ideas for what you'd do in my place occasionally, to give to me at the end of the game.
    Hmmm, just had a look at your position.

Without knowing your stats it is hard to assess how the game is going for you. You can set your avatar so that you can basically turtle, look like you are doing badly, then really swing things around at the end of the game. But I'm guessing it isn't going too well from this post.

Unfortunately it is possible to just get completely hosed right at the beginning of the game. Sometimes through no fault of your own. It has happened plenty of times to me.

If you end up in that position, then I tend to do 1 of 2 things. Try to ally myself with one of the big players left, or do as much damage to whoever has put me in such a weak position. If you are a deceit build that can be easily done. If you are wrath build, and you have lost your best legion, then tricky to do much.

One other thing you could try is just testing things out. I'm still discovering some bits of the game. If I am doing badly I sometimes just try things out to see what will happen. Hopefully means I understand the game better next time.

One very important aspect to the game is avatar design. It is well worth reading the SI forums a little to get some ideas. Generally every build needs decent charisma, then pump up a stat and play focusing on that. I can't say I have found prophecy heavy builds to be competitive, but I might just be playing them poorly.

Network Hub
    Thanks for the advice. That's actually given me some food for thought, and I'll try and hit the next few turns with a more positive attitude and see if I can at least kick up some fuss for other players, even if I'm well out of the running for a winning spot myself.

One of the majorly stupid things that happened is trying to take that bloody PoP in my territory. I thought I had it all worked out, with an artefact that doubled my melee against enemy PoPs. Apparently a neutral PoP is not an enemy PoP, even though you have to fight it, and so the Ram counted for nothing and I lost my legion in the fight.

I'd poured so many of my resources (especially counting time as a resource) into that fight that losing it was pretty crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Thanks for the advice. That's actually given me some food for thought, and I'll try and hit the next few turns with a more positive attitude and see if I can at least kick up some fuss for other players, even if I'm well out of the running for a winning spot myself.

One of the majorly stupid things that happened is trying to take that bloody PoP in my territory. I thought I had it all worked out, with an artefact that doubled my melee against enemy PoPs. Apparently a neutral PoP is not an enemy PoP, even though you have to fight it, and so the Ram counted for nothing and I lost my legion in the fight.

I'd poured so many of my resources (especially counting time as a resource) into that fight that losing it was pretty crippling.
    Ouch. Did notice your legion disappear, but presumed it was through the actions of one our fellow hell-fiends.